Thread: Medical Help

Medical Help

So its 3 in the morning where i live and web md is not working for me and i could use some advice. Ive had a fever for about 3 days now and it shows no signs of going away, minimal other symptoms are present. I woke up sweating and my entire body just feeling insanely hot. Ive been taking Iveprofin, but this has only slightly reduced my symptoms. Ill feel fine for a while and than it just comes back. Any advice?

10+ Year Old Account
    How high does the fever get? Any other symptoms regardless of how minor you think them to be?

Are you under 18? 18-30, older?

It could be nothing to write home about, or something to be concerned with. Hard to know with the info you've given. How hot your skin feels doesn't reflect what the actual temperature is.

But, as I always say: when in doubt, see the doctor.

Im under 18, and I would say the fever is probably about 103 at its hottest. My throat is clogged up by mucus somewhat, and im coughing mildly

Are you able to bend your head so your chin touches your chest and bend your head to the sides.. if you are in too much pain when doing so I would seek a doctor.

some form of virosis of upper respiratory system, nothing dangerous, but if u are not sure, visit your doctor

do not take any unsuscribed ATBs and do not reduce fever up to 38°C

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a doctor, but at first blush, it sounds like an upper respiratory tract infection. Of course, that doesn't mean it can't be strep throat or any other assorted cause.

Since you're under 18, I assume you live with your parents. Let one of them know if they don't already. If you were my kid, you'd be at the doctor this morning. It's probably something you'll recover from on your own, but better safe than sorry. And why should you suffer more than necessary anyway?

ok, so its been about 3/4 of an hour and i can feel that my fevers gone down, but i checked my temperature and its still 102

Quote Originally Posted by Figgles View Post
    So its 3 in the morning where i live and web md is not working for me and i could use some advice. Ive had a fever for about 3 days now and it shows no signs of going away, minimal other symptoms are present. I woke up sweating and my entire body just feeling insanely hot. Ive been taking Iveprofin, but this has only slightly reduced my symptoms. Ill feel fine for a while and than it just comes back. Any advice?
    See a doctor.
    As I've said before, threads started by people asking for medical or legal advice, or help with situations that may involve a remedy based on expertise in one of those areas that no one on here is qualified to give, really should be monitored more closely, or preferably locked.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Opinion from a nurse? See a doctor.

15+ Year Old Account
    As above, see a doctor. There's really nothing we can do here to diagnose you, nor would we be qualified to do so.