Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thundercles View Post
    It's frustrating to lose a game because your teammates don't care about the game as much as you do.
    You have no right to tell someone how much they should care about something.
    ...which is exactly what you are doing

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny to me that there is so much rage over this. Come on now ppl, calm down. Do you not remember before LFG how hard it was to get a group to go into a dungeon? And then how lucky you were if those people knew the dungeon (unless they were your friends or guildies). You used to have to wait hours sometimes for groups for the dungeon you wanted. Now the wait time is drastically reduced, comparatively, and the trade-off is running into people who don't investigate the instance beforehand. Yea, it can get frustrating, but deal with it. It's better than sitting in Org all day in trade saying "LFG for Stonecore" over and over because you can't get a full group from just your server who wants to go.

---------- Post added 2011-04-28 at 04:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zapthrottle View Post
    /agreed
    Tune down the rage a tad
    Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.
    I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.
    From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rdenhov/simple

It's a pretty pathetic argument usually involving the old troll standard "I have a life so even though I spend 27 hours a week in WoW I don't have 5 minutes to learn whatthefuck I'm doing."
    Its equally as pathetic to expect everyone to read/watch the volumes of text and videos those sites churn out so as to know EVERYTHING on day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    Its equally as pathetic to expect everyone to read/watch the volumes of text and videos those sites churn out so as to know EVERYTHING on day one.
    Your point is only valid if we only deal in the exteremes you suggest.

Since nobody is actually suggesting that you "read/watch volumes of text and videos... to know EVERYTHING on day one" your point is completely invalid.

The reality is that only a few minutes looking over easily searchable material is all that you need to do in order to grasp the concepts of the boss prior to actually doing them.

you want to do well in ZG/ZA do guild run, otherwise stop QQing when patch hasn't even been out a week yet saying people don't know fight, i'd rather know nothing about the fight and have fun learning it through trail and error, then watch some guy who bought fraps and records himself killing boss thinking he's all that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r3dbtk View Post
    I'm sick of constantly joining a group where nobody knows NOTHING. The first run I got in went really good, I was surprised, except we didnt kill last boss because of a server restart.

But I mean come on..take the 15 effing minutes to watch the damn video that was post on the MMO's homepage for ZA/ZG. Would save alot of time and stress.
    I find it somewhat Ironic (maybe not the correct term) that you whinge about this yet dont actually supply said video links.

I've made no demands or requirements to anyone whatsoever regarding their level of care.
    I merely pointed out that people are entitled to care however much they please about a particular issue, and that just because it's not as important to you doesn't give you the right to attempt to trivialize my concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Tordenhov View Post
    It's funny to me that there is so much rage over this. Come on now ppl, calm down. Do you not remember before LFG how hard it was to get a group to go into a dungeon? And then how lucky you were if those people knew the dungeon (unless they were your friends or guildies). You used to have to wait hours sometimes for groups for the dungeon you wanted. Now the wait time is drastically reduced, comparatively, and the trade-off is running into people who don't investigate the instance beforehand. Yea, it can get frustrating, but deal with it. It's better than sitting in Org all day in trade saying "LFG for Stonecore" over and over because you can't get a full group from just your server who wants to go.

---------- Post added 2011-04-28 at 04:18 PM ----------

/agreed
    Tune down the rage a tad
    Why do you people just assume that anyone who disagrees with you is angry?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewkard View Post
    Why rely on other players? In almost every group ive been in im the only one who knew the fights, if i wasnt there, there is a good chance they wouldnt know the fights. And even still most dont even head the advice and run through the toxic maze or dont interrupt the whispers on veonoxiss its truely agonizing. You put to much faith in your fellow gamer.
    It's an MMORPG...working TOGETHER online is the main goal of this game.

On topic, explaining tacs insted of "WTF U F*CKIN NAB WHY DID YOU JUST STAND THERE" goes a long way. I rather wipe 3 houres and learning than 2 mins with a jackass like you.

So instead of being helpful, reposting the videos here and perhaps even writing a word or two on specifics, you nerdrage in hopes that people will react by watching the videos (which never works, never.)

Yeah, The MMO-Champion way!
    Last edited by Fraza; 2011-04-28 at 04:47 PM.

Deleted
    I've made no demands or requirements to anyone whatsoever regarding their level of care.
    I merely pointed out that people are entitled to care however much they please about a particular issue, and that just because it's not as important to you doesn't give you the right to attempt to trivialize my concerns.
    In my opinion your concerns are trivial, and I have every right to say so.

I am tank. I have only not finished 1 instance of these. 1st time through took a couple hours for zg, 1.5hrs for za. Now both are generally under 1hr done. I q solo for CTA bags. On a boss I explain the quirks, yes I have had to solo bosses 40% on (ie eagle at end of ZA srsly bear/eagle is easiest combo). But generally even if we wipe once they come back and don't wipe again. I find most people unless the faked q'd in pvp gear and do 3k dps are good enough and learn.

Takes me generally 15 seconds to explain each boss fight, and that's been it. And wipes I have had have been very few.

Honestly... I've had an more fun going more or less blindly into these instances and learning them with people doing the same thing, and having cleared them both going back to get better at them figure out the strategies and help others learn to do them.

The thing i can't help but wonder is how many of those complaining about how "you should have watched the videos so you knew wtf you were doing" will be complaining about how boring these instances are next week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Untrue. Often it takes far longer because people:
    1) Lie about how much they know so they don't get shamed/kicked
    2) Don't listen when you DO explain
    3) Forget everything you said as soon as things get slightly hairy

It's not my job to teach you how the fight works.

How the hell do you think I learned it? Do you think I waited around in the dungeon until someone came along and explained it to me?
    No! I went and did the few minutes of research my self. And now you expect me to do the work for you as well? That's ridiculous.

It's frustrating to lose a game because your teammates don't care about the game as much as you do.
    You have no right to tell someone how much they should care about something.
    It's definitely not your job to teach people. But seeing this is a social game and not single player it's the right thing to ask and try to give a quick explanation. If it's not worth your time to spend a minute explaining then you obviously have enough time to wipe a few times.

In the end though watching a video or reading an explanation doesn't do squat. Most people need to experience the encounter once or twice to get a grasp of whats happening. I think the word is being human.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

If you have too go watch a video for a heroic dungeon to get through it maybe you are the bad that you are qqing about.Wipe once maybe twice,figure out what killed you,what not too do/stand in and make it through it.Learning the fights for yourself will give you a better sense of accomplishment...does me anyways.Makes the game more fun and interesting not knowing what too expect.

In my opinion your concerns are trivial, and I have every right to say so.
    Then you have no reason to be posting in this thread, and are being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative.

Some people might call that trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FruityFrodo View Post
    I'm with FruityFrodo on this one - that thread is very similar to this one.

Locked - use that one.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines