Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4.1 - Boomkin - Mushroom PLacement issue

Has anyone else had issues this patch related to placing your mushrooms down. It seems when you click it, it doesn't always place you have to do it multiple times. Fellow guildies have mentioned they have had issues with other target like spells such as Healing Rain and Lightwell placement.

I wonder if its addon related or if it is something everyone is experiencing. I know it's only a hassle as they eventually do work but still

Thanks,

Deleted
    yes, same happened to us, all AoE targeted spells seems to be affected.

Deleted
    I've had to double cast a mushroom drop so many times tonight it's silly

Experiencing the same issues. :[

Deleted
    Yeah, it is VERY annoying.
    Maloriak sucked greatly to do...

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does every class think it's only an issue with them? Seriously, I think I've seen like 10 people asking others of their class if they're having issues as well tonight only. Are people really that stupid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have the same issues with treants as well.

i had the same problem on my hunter dropping traps using the launcher.

yeah its a pain in the ass

Same here, cant even drop my treants down in p2 of H nef, gotta love patch week.

As far as I know they screwed up pretty much every ability targeted that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah got the same issue and it sucks! Not the end of the world because they will be placed down in the end but it sucks because it's taking time away from you when you can be spamming wrath/starfire.
    Also my Hurricane and Force of Nature spell's have the same issue.
    If any thread like this is on the official forums then I'm sure Blizz will give it a hotfix, probably won't see it until next reset though.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    Why does every class think it's only an issue with them? Seriously, I think I've seen like 10 people asking others of their class if they're having issues as well tonight only. Are people really that stupid?
    The OP never said anything about only Druids having issues. In fact he says, "Fellow guildies have mentioned they have had issues with other target like spells such as Healing Rain and Lightwell placement". He's acknowledging the fact that it's similar mechanics, not just Druids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drulu View Post
    mushrooms are op
    Oh yeah, Mushrooms are OP... Are you high? In PvP when we have trouble getting space due to the lack of a superb defensive cooldown, Mushrooms are a great tool to use in certain situations. In PvE is just another ability you can toss into a rotation. I can guarantee you that Mushrooms isn't making or breaking a Boomkins PvE DPS.

Sounds like you're just butthurt because a Boomkin is pillar humping against you while kiting you with Mushrooms right next to the LOS object. Smart use of mechanics and terrain? Yes. OP? Not hardly.

I have the same issues obviously, although it's more noticeable on treants for me for whatever reason. Treants never work the first time I cast them, the icon stays "lit up" (yellow border around it), I have to click on it again and place them again on the ground, which sucks to say the least.

In the heat of the moment I'm usually not very precise with the positioning of mushrooms, and I sometimes denotate only 2 of them if mobs are low on health, so it didn't seem to affect me that much.

I was actually coming to these forums today to check on this specific issue and wondering if it was maybe an addon causing it... looks like we'll have to wait for a fix.

It seemed to me that if you went to place the mushrooms or treants, and in the process you moused over another player or npc that it would change the cursor and not allow you to finish the cast. If you went out of your way to avoid that completely like placing the mushrooms for example a little outside the pack of melee and mobs it would work just fine. Can anyone else confirm?

Proud Officer of Gwen Stefani on the Blackhand-US Realm

Some people said toggling off the network improvement button helped, others said the new feature that casts spells on pressing down the buttons rather than letting go might be the culprit.

Issues with "queing" non spamable spells you need to target, particularly noticable with wild mushrooms since habit has made us adjust to the lower global cooldown on using them.
    On a side note i kept hitting the damn roof and crap with them this week as my camera swung around :|

Deleted
    I noticed no difference since I've had this problem for over ... 2-3 years ? I don't know what changed but one patch completely altered the game for me clicking/targetingwise.

I'm talking about the thing where you can't click on an add or place some kind of aoe because your camera is stuck straight against the wall and you're basically clicking the outside of it.

Magmaw heroic for example, if I don't tab for the adds ( because that works soooooo well compared to vanilla, sigh ) but instead try to click on them it takes up to 10 clicks before my target changes, I'm using this example because it's the worst over here but I get it in every fight at one point.

Originally Posted by Natryndon

This is a known issue and is being worked on by our developers. We thank you for your report Kulovalkea and encourage you to post any future 4.1 bug reports in this special sticky thread here:

4.1 Known Issues & Bug Reports
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1999563200

Many thanks.

src