Am I geared enough to run new instances as a tank?

Hi guys,

Any pointers on gear or what I should do to improve, I know that I am missing a couple of enchants which I will sort but other than that any other feed back will be good. I have tried healing the new instances and my healing gear is pretty good but am getting noob tanks all the time which I thought was going to happen due ti the Call to Arms thing.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pafly/advanced

Thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably, since this instance is aimed for ilvl346 geared players.

Yep, just make sure to watch all of the encounters 1st on a video or look them up before u go in.

348 ilvl, ~144k HP, ~76% avoidance. Besides the fact that you keep gemming for stam, I think you'll do fine. I run as a tank with my ilvl 345 warrior, and I have no issues.

Without a doubt. It's designed for ~i346 or so.

You already got ZA head, why would you ask if youre ready when you already have done them
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Don't gem stam. Ever! You can go Mastery/stam gems to fill those blue sockets. Get those bonuses for sockets using orange, yellow, or green gems. Other than that, I don't see much of a problem with your gear. Ur avg ilvl is 348, which is enough. Try them out, if you find yourself struggling, than get some crafted stuff. And work on that Hyjal rep for the cloak and belt.

I would say so. To help you could enchant your sholders and back. People are getting too used to go all in on trash (cc if it's any problem). Regarding bossfights, my experience is that a lot of players don't know how to "not stand in fire". The dps often stress healers by standing in void just to finish the cast.

If the healers yells at you just because his/her last run was with a full epic tank, try looking at damage taken (recount etc). See if any can be avoided. Then start throwing stones!

Because that was from healing it not tanking,

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    You already got ZA head, why would you ask if youre ready when you already have done them

as for a pala tank, I wouldn't invest in parry, rather dodge. You know you need better enchants, so that I leave to you, can't go wrong there. Cape from Hyjal, crafted belt & chest and TB trinket, and no one could ever say that you're not geared enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Don't gem stam. Ever! You can go Mastery/stam gems to fill those blue sockets. Get those bonuses for sockets using orange, yellow, or green gems.
    The way the OP is gemmed is fine. This point is extremely arguable, and it would be total hyberbole to imagine that tweaking a few stam gems in the OP's gear is really going to make such a noticable difference.

You have to use your damage reduction cool downs very specifically sometimes in these fights.. When you are hearing advice like "during bear phase use damage reduction cooldowns" this is where you will need to be specific. I generally group them 20+20 for one hard phaze and then my 50 for the next hard phaze. Sometimes during the 20/20 damage reduction I will kick off Holy Radiance.. Then during the 50% reduction phase I have Lay on Hands for backup.. Then if I can get away without using Lay on Hands I have it for there for the last of the kill as backup.. Also for the love of your Prot Paladin don't forget to keep Holy Shields up and then for sure stack Mastery.

k as for the TB trink which would be best, I know that Mirror of Broken Images is intended for tanks but would Impatience of Youth be another option due to the mastery being the rating and can help me with burst on starting off on bosses?? Does the resistance on Mirror of Broken Images actually do that much??

Don't get IoY if you're tanking.....the resistance is a godsend, and the trinket as a whole reduces damage by a lot if timed correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Don't get IoY if you're tanking.....the resistance is a godsend, and the trinket as a whole reduces damage by a lot if timed correctly.
    Thanks that's what I wanted to know

Yes Mirror of Broken Images is actually the tanking Trinket and 400 Resistance is pretty big.. Impatience of Youth is good on Mastery alone and I still fire that trinket on the pull for the extra AP.. You can see my BattleNet armory I am logged out as tank right now but don't follow my glyphs I was specifically doing something and my talent specs are still in the works so you may wanna explore that too.. My gemming/enchanting/reforging is designed for Maximum Mastery while still keeping any Stamina bonuses.. I also intend to have Parry/Dodge balanced in consideration of party buffs. If I can't have Mastery I would really like Parry or Dodge..