Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Spell Pushback bug

Well just raided BWD and i gotta say this damn spellcast pushback bug is terrible esp since im demo. I was casting on chimaeron, got hit by caustic slime, and started my cast over from the beginning. Same thing with magmaw and omnitron. Hope they fix this soon, becuz i dont kno about other specs, but as demo its a pain in the ass.

I gave up trying to cast Shadowbolt on Nezir platform so i just spammed Fel Fire, was supposed to be fixed in yesterday server restart but it still isnt.

This is really ticking me off. In PvE it's at least only a problem on some bosses. In PvP it's a complete catastrophe. I really hope they fix this soon.

its also bad as Affliction. Could hardly compete on Chim 25 hc last night due to this - annoying as **** i tell you.

I didn't raid last night so can anyone fill me in with whats the bug?

This used to stack with concentration aura to give 100% pushback immunity. However since 4.1 Suppression has been bugged. They released a patch yesterday which supposedly fixed it but it didn't. So any aoe damage will cause you to have pushback on spells. Didnt used to be much of a problem when the ability was talented back in wrath but it's an issue on some fights in Cataclysm. It's a dps breaker atm.

Deleted
    Aye, fucked me up on Omnotron HC and Al'akir yesterday too. I wasn't sure what the hell was happening, but now I know it seems to be a bug.

Was wondering why some fights my DPS was so low and casts seemed so long, I kept checking my gear to make sure I had the right items equipped and that my haste hadn't dropped... that explains it I guess... annoying as balls

Quote Originally Posted by Fateq View Post
    I didn't raid last night so can anyone fill me in with whats the bug?
    Basically the effects which were meant to reduce the pushback, or cast-time increases when you take damage during a cast are not functioning.
    A restart was supossed to be hotfixing a correction in according to a blue post, but it appears to have not worked.

Deleted
    Is anyone else suffering from a bug with rain of fire and whiplash etc (same mechanic) where you click it, move your mouse to the location and it disappears when you click, even if its in range, it's annoying and caused my dps to suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Estasi View Post
    Is anyone else suffering from a bug with rain of fire and whiplash etc (same mechanic) where you click it, move your mouse to the location and it disappears when you click, even if its in range, it's annoying and caused my dps to suffer.
    Ew, clicking for placed AoE effects... Should really keybind those even if you click everything else...

Whiplash suffered a bug a while back where you had to double click when placing it, maybe same bug is back?

Same with shadowfury. Doing Chogal with it gona be a fing pain

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Same with shadowfury. Doing Chogal with it gona be a fing pain
    On Cho'gall, you cannot use targetted AoE on the center "star" its a known bug, its because that's where Sinestra is hidin'

Quote Originally Posted by Delia View Post
    On Cho'gall, you cannot use targetted AoE on the center "star" its a known bug, its because that's where Sinestra is hidin'
    I read somewhere that, that was fixed in 4.1. Haven't been to Cho'gall yet this patch so can't confirm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah its for sure still bugged. Was doing VP and the last boss with the adds made it hard to get any casts off.

It's not that. It's ALL target circles since the patch. Healing Rain, D&D, rain of fire, shadowfury, etc. There is some psycho bug where the target circle becomes super tiny, or even disappears, I think it might be when you happen to mouse over a player while trying to place it. It was really annoying to me last night on my shammy trying to place healing rain.

Deleted
    I don't see anything related to pushback in the latest hotfix

Off to test it now.

Deleted
    I have the same problem, a GM told me to reset all my user data disable addons blah blah blah, with rain of fire and shadowfury i noticed it wont allow you to place it anywhere within say a 5yd X 5yd square infront of your toons head.

Quote Originally Posted by gogusrl View Post
    I don't see anything related to pushback in the latest hotfix

Off to test it now.
    Thats because a blue in the bug report thread yesterday claimed it was fixed on april 27th. A day before I was getting spell pushback.

Deleted
    Ew, clicking for placed AoE effects... Should really keybind those even if you click everything else...

Whiplash suffered a bug a while back where you had to double click when placing it, maybe same bug is back?
    Nope not double clicking, and I do have it keybound, it's just easier to say 'click' >_<