Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol @ monarchy

Deleted
    well the vote in british papers speaks for itself, 80% doesn't give a crap about them.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloona View Post
    I have to say this to the people that think that it was a waste of money for them to spend on the wedding. Think about all the tourism money that is spent because of the royal family. There is a method to the madness.
    You know what? Tourists visit buildings not royal family. Remove royal family hire some actors and viola. same tourism at less money invested.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Immortal View Post
    I'm American and the idea of Queen and Country is very easy for me to understand... It's about patriotism. These people love their country and it's great.
    well its an issue of patriotism in canada too although not to the same degree. the queen of england is still the queen of canada also. but to show your patriotism you wish the new couple a happy future and good health and good luck and all that jazz. yes it is a significant day for the country but the idolization and the obsessiveness is pretty over the top imho.

anyways, best wishes to prince william and the girl he married (katherine?)

I was not that interested in the wedding to be honest, as I am not that big a fan of such social events, I didn't even know the name of the bride up until a few days before! But, as far as I can understand, for a lot of people, especially in Britain, it was a happy day, if not for anything else just for the fact that they could forget some of their troubles for a day and feel somewhat good. So good for them. As for the couple, who seem to be good people, from some things I saw on tv, about them, I wish them a long, happy, and creative life together.

Down with monarchs! Money sucking leeches.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    I think the response to this thread is really sad to be honest. There's people complaining about blanket media coverage and then saying that no one cares. I mean what? If no one cared the streets of London wouldn't have been full, the media wouldn't have had story upon story about it and you wouldn't be talking about it at all.

Personally not caring about the wedding is fine, but condemning other people because we do care about it? There really is no down side to the wedding other than it taking up space in newspapers and broadcasts. If you can't get over that just to allow those of us who do appreciate the royal family to enjoy the day, that's pretty depressing.

The wedding, not to mention the Royal family and things related to them in general, brought in a ton of money. It gave us a bank holiday and made quite a lot of people very happy. That is enough to justify the hype. It really is. If you don't care, you could have gone and read a book, or gone for a walk. Or even played WoW. As far as brits are concerned, all you really had to do to avoid the wedding was not tune into BBC1 or ITV for a while. And let's face it - ITV is pretty shit anyway.

Why anyone cares about the Royal crap I will never know. Waste of time and money.

How has this thread not been locked yet, the amount of hate and ignorance is shocking...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digitali View Post
    well the vote in british papers speaks for itself, 80% doesn't give a crap about them.
    Wait, what?

1 million + people on the streets following the wedding, numerous huge street and community parties around the country, 24million viewers on television (99.94% of the viewerbase at the time) watching in the UK.

Clearly the country has spoken...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to find news of all the people who died in the south US, but instead all i see are wedding news.

Deleted
    The media coverage was/is pissing me well off, and putting me off the whole thing. There are more important things going on in the world than this crap...
    I wish them loads of happyness, and can everyone PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT IT ?

Also, if it takes a royal wedding to make London bearable, then what a horrible place it must be the rest of the time ... (Been there and hated every second of it, but it's besides the point)

http://royal.uk.msn.com/wedding/news...ntid=157236817

This sums it up for me. If you dont want to click then here is the headline.

"Did 1m kettles boil after wedding?" ..............I mean seriously!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearer View Post
    Wait, what?

1 million + people on the streets following the wedding, numerous huge street and community parties around the country, 24million viewers on television (99.94% of the viewerbase at the time) watching in the UK.

Watching it does not mean giving a shit. I watched it in parts and couldn't care less.

And to be fair, if there was a party on my street I'd go for whatever reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    While the negative reactions are a little over the edge, I also wonder what the point is, really? Several millions of pounds spent on one wedding, that could very well have been used for more important stuff. Also, watched the live broadcast. Hundreds and thousands of people standing out on the streets, so far away from the actual wedding they couldn't even view it with binoculars, "enjoying" the wedding...

Wha?
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    Wow... you're quite delusional aren't you? You basically believe that these clowns do this for some "greater good," that their "actions" count for something? Seriously, start thinking for a sec. Why all the acts, why the glamor and the fancy/pansy? It is all for show, that's why. Nothing you see is either sincere or done for the greater good. It is a carefully constructed and fabricated fairytale, to make us believe they still stand for something... sure, they maybe do but not the for the causes you think. Power, wealth, domination... those are the things these, people are interested in. They want to be worshiped and admired, like in the old days... not that they deserve it or anything, but they believe it to be their "holy right" as given by their titles.
    You wouldn't understand you're not British first of all, take the tin foil hat off "fabricated" really?

The Royals do plenty of good things, don't be so disrespectful.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearer View Post
    Wait, what?

British population: ~61m
    People on the streets: ~1m
    People watching it intentionally (not counting TV sets that are just on and no one watches, and people who don't care may watch too just to see how stupid the wedding is): I don't know - I will stick with 50% of 24m that is ~12m

61/ (1 + 12) = ~5
    100%/5 = 20%
    100% - 20% = 80%

---------- Post added 2011-04-30 at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Umbraorbis View Post
    You wouldn't understand you're not British first of all
    Oh I see. It's a British thing, right?

Deleted
    People need to stop being such spoil sports. I don't care for the Royal family, nor am I Royalist, but their marriage brought in a shed load of money which is great for our economy, people were having a great time.. who cares if it's related to the Royal family, it was a perfect day to celebrate your own happiness. I had a bloody great time, epic street party and that's what it's all about, community fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    Pisses me off seeing this >.<

The news is saying "scottish turn out for the wedding" and crap like that... when in reality we scots dont give a shit, its just an exscuse to get MAD WAE IT (drunk). Weddings should be private n idc if your part oof a stuck up royal family.

just my thought on it, but really are they better than us?
    Better than some, especially those that wished the wedding would get petrol bombed.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post11253182

I know who the real scum is in my eyes.
    Last edited by mmoc11d1e9aab8; 2011-04-30 at 03:47 PM.