Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    mature story? improved animations?

have you seen fish guy sword yet? pain vs fox naruto animations? ninja 50 cent?

it's drown and written by armless, legless, headless 3 year old.

take off your fan boy glasses.
    I'm not going to criticise you but I guess the Shippuuden segment doesn't appeal to you, that's fine.
    Thedead, I absolutely loved the part with Itachi appearing behind Danzo, I just can't bloody wait to see what's next for Sasuke-Itachi-Danzo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Naruto and Bleach both have the ability to disappoint me just as i start getting into them again.

I always come back to watch the Invasion of Pain episodes because they're generally awesome, minus episode 167 perhaps, it's a filler-fight with the most embarassing and hilarious animation ever. Though I guess it provides some cool action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeBwMJ2uPbA

Almost nothing that happens in this fight happened in the actual manga, until Pain started to flee into the woods.
    Last edited by Whiskra; 2011-04-30 at 01:02 PM.

all the characters are pretty one dimensional. the movies have been equally terrible. naruto finds a character to relate to in the movies, sometimes its the villain, he ends up defeating them with a rasengan move themed after the movie or a new one. the most ridiculous being his piggy back "lunar rasengan" some time ago. (lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah0sAxzKULs#t=09m50s )that's it. they've done it over...and over...and over. but people still get excited to see new ones. especially if they make no fucking sense like sasuke showing up to save naruto randomly.

you can guarantee every neji fight will deal with his elitism and blind spot. every rock lee fight will involve someone that keeps powering up forcing him to use the 8 gates. every gaara fight will involve him identifying with some emo aspect of whoever he's fighting and how naruto changed his life. and so on, and on.

and if it's not filler, it's low amounts of dialog, lots of panning still scenes, and a fuckton of flashbacks. there's even flashbacks to earlier in the same god damn episode. sad episode? greyscale the fuck out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate naruto...

Please don't judge Naruto by the OVA's (standalone movies) - they are not written by Masashi Kishimoto and are not correlated in any way to the storyline. They're just merchandising garbage - stick to the Manga and Anime series.

If you want to know about a movie's story, he wins with a Rasengan at the end. FIN.

i like gurren lagann and Code Geass a lot more then naruto just my input.

i gotta laugh at the guy who said he seen 400 eps of DBZ when theres only 291

as for my inpt on naruto, i think and hope its getting in to a point where theres going to be some kick ass action

Well if you're talking about the anime I won't spoil it, but your hopes are about to get rewarded. Maybe not soon - I don't know the current progression of the anime - where is it at?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistro-FSK View Post
    Well if you're talking about the anime I won't spoil it, but your hopes are about to get rewarded. Maybe not soon - I don't know the current progression of the anime - where is it at?
    Sasuke vs Danzo.

But honestly, considering they add another filler arc in the anime, it will take a looooong time before the anime catch up to the real exciting stuff.

i forgot where i read it, but consider the earlier episodes in the series covered 5-6 chapters of manga. now you're lucky to get two in one episode, it's usually just one chapter, and they will draw it out foreeeeeeveeeeeer if necessary.

as an example, in the manga kankuro gets his ass whooped by sasori in one page. not one chapter, one page of manga. sasori vs kankuro is over. in the anime, it's a whole 9 fucking minute ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by taco avenger View Post
    all the characters are pretty one dimensional. the movies have been equally terrible. naruto finds a character to relate to in the movies, sometimes its the villain, he ends up defeating them with a rasengan move themed after the movie or a new one. the most ridiculous being his piggy back "lunar rasengan" some time ago. (lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah0sAxzKULs#t=09m50s )that's it. they've done it over...and over...and over. but people still get excited to see new ones. especially if they make no fucking sense like sasuke showing up to save naruto randomly.

you can guarantee every neji fight will deal with his elitism and blind spot. every rock lee fight will involve someone that keeps powering up forcing him to use the 8 gates. every gaara fight will involve him identifying with some emo aspect of whoever he's fighting and how naruto changed his life. and so on, and on.
    Movies are terrible, they are pretty much created to just make money imo. Although all the anime movies I have seen are like this (DB, DBZ, Bleach, Naruto).

I have yet to see a serious neji fight in NS (you're not going to mention how naruto changed his life too?)
    I have yet to see a serious rock lee fight in NS
    the Gaara fight in NS he doesn't identify with some emo aspect of whoever he's fighting

I loooove Naruto! I just caught up on the series this week! I started from the very beginning a few months ago and now my husband and I watch the new episode every Thursday together!

Deleted
    I think a lot of people are getting confused between Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden, it seems to have a lot of stigma/stereotype attached (lolfillers). I just hope that the progression won't be too quick but not too short either.

Deleted
    Hmm..not enough Kakashi*Danzo slash.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotai View Post
    I think a lot of people are getting confused between Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden, it seems to have a lot of stigma/stereotype attached (lolfillers). I just hope that the progression won't be too quick but not too short either.
    cuz they're the same anime continued by the same people. same flashback sequences, same shitty greyscale, same awkward pauses to fit less chapters into an episode, and there's been some filler. i think the most ridiculous part was the 10 or so episodes naruto chased deidara down the same river with wooden log bridges.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm up to date and I am on edge. I cannot wait week to week for the next episode. It's just so good.

Love the story, love the fights, love the character development, so basically I'm a Naruto fanboy. There is only one thing I'm disappointed with, the complete crock-shit animations we get for the major fights.

Pay attention to the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight, it looks like my 6 year old sister drew it. Shippuden 167 Pain vs. Naruto... Don't even get me fuckin started:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow0hR...feature=relate

If this isn't an embedded video I apologize since I'm an MMO-Champ scrub

I had to stop at about 130 into Shippuuden. I just got my boyfriend to actually start watching Naruto (we're just finishing up the season where Sauske and Naruto fight before he ultimatly leaves for Orochimaru. I've been rather good about not giving him any spoilers.

Overall (as far as I've personally gotten) it speaks well for me when I haven't even caught up or "finished" the series, so to speak, and am able to go back and re-watch everything I've already seen and still be hooked. We've already downloaded the movies (save for Shippuden 4) and plan on watching those as well. Rawrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosaki View Post
    i like gurren lagann
    As much as I love Gurren Lagann, that series is done and it was too short for comfort. I wish there was more to it.
    Last edited by Reemix; 2011-04-30 at 10:21 PM.

where do you guys watch naruto? I dont want it to be english dubbed. I want them to speak japanease. and then have english text. I've seen it somewhere before, but cant remember the place