Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    tell the hunters in the raid to misdirect for one. (if you have one in the raid) with me misdirecting our main tank, our tank has never had someone pull agro off them. the threat is temporary but it gives them time for vengeance to stack up.
    Long unlive the Forsaken!

strange, as mage I pull aggro in 3 scenarios: 1st - nefarian hc with early mc, 2nd - I get 12k+ combustion (ticks for 14k, crits for 30k+ with some luck and procs at start, 3nd - ODS heroic. Other than that thats kinda impossible to pull aggro as, well, at least fire mage. My gear is very close to high end (368 Ilvl)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badmage View Post
    K so I'm just go ahead and kinda contradict everyone. well, not everyone.

this is what i do:

Prepot, wind up all my stuff.
    Blow my load with mirrors up (for our H nef attemts i slam ony and generate almost 1mill threat i think, unless im reading numbers wrong ((im bad with numbers))).
    3-4 seconds before mirrors wear off i tell jar (our tank) to taunt.
    invis.
    and voila, you have now made tricks and misdirect look useless cause your tank is probably 5-600k threat above everyone else.

it seems few people realize, your tanks can piggyback their threat off what you generate while mirrors are up.

aka, my tanks love me.
    next time make sure you get a tricks too then, damage boost and the threat you temporarily have gets transferred with the taunt and stays on the tank.

Pop images at the fight start, when your proc trinkets are coming up, get in a good combust, nuke through your cooldowns, then, 3 seconds before images fade, invis, after that, your threat should be minimal issue.

If you're a spec other than fire, omit combustion, and insert other coolown name

tell your tank to stop sucking, since cata I as a tank have never had an issue on threat for single target and I normally give a countdown so the casters can precast(or jazz hands as we call it)

I think there are enough constructive answers here to get a good picture of a solution for the OP.

Closing this before more flaming trolls wake up.