Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry AFK players immune to kicking

I desperately, desperately, desperately WANT to post this on the Blizzard forum, but I keep getting a "500 server error" every time I submit. To stave off insanity I'm making the post here even though I know it will accomplish nothing.

"That player cannot be kicked for another 2 hours"

Huh??? Does Blizzard really think that forcing an entire group to disband is better than letting us kick one terminally AFK player? This just happened to me and it was really crazy. I join a dungeon and we can't do anything because this stupid boomkin is off in la la land.

I was on my tank when this happened, and I was so irritated that I just logged off for the night. I hope you all enjoy your long dungeon queues.

Deleted
    They should revert the kick change. I agree.

yo in all seriousness Chill it is a game, its not the system its the players and bliz cant do Sh*t about that :/ just need to suck it up ?
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-04-30 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyninja View Post
    U MAD BRO? ... yo in all seriousness Chill it is a game, its not the system its the players and bliz cant do Sh*t about that :/ just need to suck it up ?
    Of course it's a problem with the system! AFK players should not be able to avoid getting kicked. At the very least, players should be FORCED to acknowledge they are awake to receive kick immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyninja View Post
    U MAD BRO? ... yo in all seriousness Chill it is a game, its not the system its the players and bliz cant do Sh*t about that :/ just need to suck it up ?
    In all seriousness the system is broken. They need to revert it back to how it was before because we could more than often kick when we needed to. Only good thing that came from the 4.0. change was not letting guilded groups kick whoever they want.

Deleted
    I've honestly thought about rogue skill, when I came here ^_^

But any way yeah, I agree. They already have system that allows you to kick offline people and thous who stay outside the instance faster, they just need to extend it to AFK ones as well.

I was with you until that last part. "Enjoy your long dungeon queues." Thanks, because we all AFK in dungeons, right?

That being said, it wasn't a healer and it wasn't a tank afking. It was a DPS. All you have to do is kill a couple trash mob groups and disband - no wait time, just queue up again, and you're not servicing the afk douchebag by killing bosses and getting loot.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

Give the ability to do a normal kick and a "kick player afk" Give players that are supposedly afk a 10 sec warning of being kicked if they do not click ready, or something like that.
    Wouldn't fix retards that refuse to hit anything and just run along, but might solve players joining and instantly going afk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    Of course it's a problem with the system! AFK players should not be able to avoid getting kicked. At the very least, players should be FORCED to acknowledge they are awake to receive kick immunity.
    Players shouldn't be AFK.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxytrott View Post
    Give the ability to do a normal kick and a "kick player afk" Give players that are supposedly afk a 10 sec warning of being kicked if they do not click ready, or something like that.
    Wouldn't fix retards that refuse to hit anything and just run along, but might solve players joining and instantly going afk.
    That could cause serious problems, especially if someone put up the AFK flag and then 'made' everyone else do the work for them. Because if the group tried to kick them, and they had a ready/not ready check pop up, all they'd have to do is click ready and continue to stand there.

It would be better to remove the cd timer for afk flagged players. But like I said earlier, everyone can work around it. If it's not a tank or healer they can take out some trash mobs and disband without penalty.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxytrott View Post
    That has implications of its own. "brb guys, need to pee"... counting down... gone.

The issue is that you've essentially kicked too many people; if you use the power of the votekick wisely you'll find that you can use it when you actually need it. It's surprising how many players shape up just from the threat of a kick, without the need to actually do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like Call of duty.......if your away for more than 4-5 mins, auto kick?
    Batiatus: What would you do to hold your wife again, to feel the warmth of her skin, to taste her lips, would you kill?
    Spartacus: Whoever stood between us.
    Batiatus: How many men? A hundred, A thousand?
    Spartacus: I would kill them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmeh7 View Post
    That has implications of its own. "brb guys, need to pee"... counting down... gone.

The issue is that you've essentially kicked too many people; if you use the power of the votekick wisely you'll find that you can use it when you actually need it. It's surprising how many players shape up just from the threat of a kick, without the need to actually do it.
    Part of the problem is that a single kick can result in 2 hours of being completely unable to do anything about terrible players. The system is far too strict.

Quote Originally Posted by Willelm View Post
    That being said, it wasn't a healer and it wasn't a tank afking. It was a DPS. All you have to do is kill a couple trash mob groups and disband - no wait time, just queue up again, and you're not servicing the afk douchebag by killing bosses and getting loot.
    I joined the dungeon with two other people in my group. We were already at the boss. One of my group members got frustrated waiting and left, and got the deserter debuff.

---------- Post added 2011-04-30 at 11:53 AM ----------

This is false. I've used the vote kick feature only twice since Cataclysm came out, this was the second. I don't even usually vote yes/no unless I absolutely have to.

The message clearly stated "this player cannot be kicked for two hours" not "you can't initiate a kick." He probably got kicked from other groups before that.
    Last edited by rkma; 2011-04-30 at 11:54 AM.

Deleted
    In my honest opinion there needs to be no restriction on kicking people. I have been kicked by a guild simply because I refused to pass on an epic item I needed so their guildy could get it. I have been kicked by complete idiots because I was a "shit healer" while in fact the reason we wiped was because everybody except me had 20+ stacks of the debuff from the first boss in pit of saron heroic - because LoSing was obviously to difficult for them.

So yes I've felt the bad things because of clueless people and idiots abusing vote kick. But the current system is much worse, it gives everybody a free pass, Holy paladin dressed in full dps gear refusing to leave? Yeah no way you can deal with that. Tank dressed in full pvp gear? Yeah deal with it. Dps pulling 1000 dps because they only autoattack while watching tv making your runs impossible/extremely difficult? Yes deal with it!

I don't want to, tbh I'd rather get kicked once in a blue moon than having this shit happen over and over and over and over again.

And to the people saying lololololololololololol it's a game, don't feed them please guys, there is a report feature.

Who the hell said that I'm not using it wisely just because I've kicked what Blizzard has deemed "too many people" hmm? God damn system is broke. I shouldn't be punished like this because I've encountered a lot of players who really do deserve a kick. The problem is that dc's count toward this overall number AND it's account wide now. Fucking bullshit needs fixing, I and most of the people I come across get nothing but "that player cannot be kicked for another 2 hours" errors whenever they try to vote anyone out.

I have not been able to vote out a single person since the changes in 4.0.6 and I know I'm not the only one having this issue, nor is it very few people having this issue.

The problem is that people would abuse it.

Wear plate and I wear plate? You're kicked.

Bad Mood? Kicked

Guildy wants in at last boss? kicked

Don't like how you new plate helm and shoulders look? kicked

get the idea?

Get naked, wipe.

Leave. No cooldown timer. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendris Malarky View Post
    Who the hell said that I'm not using it wisely just because I've kicked what Blizzard has deemed "too many people" hmm? God damn system is broke. I shouldn't be punished like this because I've encountered a lot of players who really do deserve a kick. The problem is that dc's count toward this overall number AND it's account wide now. Fucking bullshit needs fixing, I and most of the people I come across get nothing but "that player cannot be kicked for another 2 hours" errors whenever they try to vote anyone out.

I have not been able to vote out a single person since the changes in 4.0.6 and I know I'm not the only one having this issue, nor is it very few people having this issue.
    I bet you're a Dps...

people saying "LOL if they add infinite kicks it just get abused NERD L2p this is way better having to wait 2 hrs!!!11"

idiots, it takes more than 1 vote to kick someone lol. if one guy is says derp this guy wears plate and me too, and tries to kick you... the others are likely not going to accept unless your dps is shit, in which case i think i can accept you getting kicked for low dps in turn for allowing me to kick you people with low dps lol.

infinite kicks > 2 hr kicks, because it is a vote. if players are retarded and follow saying yes to the vote every time, they will learn not to do this pretty quickly when its infinite. either way its veery rare to have people do that relative to how often people legitimately need to be kicked.