Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Favourite Glitch

Over the years there have been a lot of bugs, some game breaking and some minor annoyances.
    Many were just balance problems or mechanics breaking such as vanish not working and the infamous ignite muching that still exists today.

Some were altogether more... interesting.
    Like corrupted blood, where a boss disease could be spread outside the instance and affect other players, causing widespread chaos as people ran around trying to kill as many other people as possible with this debuff.

Personally I think the best was back in TBC when the model for Fel Reavers was somehow replaced by the model of a normal sized bear.
    Your screen would start shaking and you would look around frantically, but as the fel reaver was now just a bear you wouldn't be able to see it until too late.
    Then a bear would one shot you. It was beautiful.

Which one did you think was your favourite?

magtheridon randomly despawning!

seriously though gotta be the numerous falling through the world randomly glitches.

Going to get your hair cut in Dalaran and falling to your death instead. Not my fave but one I've encounted anyway.

My fave might be the tameable worgen glitch in Howling Fjord. Hunters should know what I'm talking about with that one.

when frostmages owned everything and everyone, owait
    Inception is nothing but 2 different states of interception.
    -Einstein

Flying bulls.

for some reason its still not nerfed and i guess alot of people dont know this but if your a shaman you can put an earth sheild on someone then change specs and the earth sheild will still be there.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

I dunno if it counts as a glitch, but. Challenging people to duels on my priest. Meleeing them. Then typing /dance. They'll continue to dance whilst also trying to thwack the other player. Keep in mind that I am easily amused. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Renwar View Post
    Hahahaha! You're so funny!

/end sarcasm

Probably getting on top of the IF AH and Bank prior to flying mounts being usable everywhere.

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Taming oiled wolf in Borean Tundra, finally got it with oil then I loged out and it disapeered
    And the glitch you could do to get on top of stormwinds gates, you could take right which is easier then use mammoth jump on part of a tower on the wall to get to the right side, which was thought to be impossible to get to.
    And the building to the right of IFs bank, you could climb up that gap then use mammoth to get into a crevice then turn around and jump unto the building, I take credit for first discovering it on my server :P I mean ive never seen a video of someone climbing on top of it when I did it
    I discovered this on accident, you could mammoth jump on a certain building to the left of Magnis throne where the roof sort of was and you could place your self in one fo the halls to Old IF, first I was trying to get unto roofs to see if I could somehow get into where the gryphons fly threw to get to the Gryphonmaster in IF

<3 Mammoths :P
    Last edited by DownButStillOut; 2011-04-30 at 03:31 PM.
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

Shadow Priest vanish.
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Like corrupted blood, where a boss disease could be spread outside the instance and affect other players, causing widespread chaos as people ran around trying to kill as many other people as possible with this debuff.?
    http://wowaids.ytmnd.com/

And I'm gonna have to go with Peppercat on this one. Shadow Priest invisibility was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

Quote Originally Posted by Renwar View Post
    That's working as intended
    You will all bow before the mage master race

Leading an entire Alliance raid(probably 40-50 people) on top of Undercity to run all the way around to Sylvanas' room, fall down(yay mages using Slow Fall) on top of her and killing her before the Horde realized what was happening.

The glitch for those who don't remember it(it's impossible to do now, unless you're an engineer. Not sure if they fixed that as well) was go around the back of UC and wall climb up a cliff. then from there you can jump on top of the brick of UC, which gives you free reign to run around UC and you can drop down into nearly any part of the actual Horde city. There's also a little square hole you can fall into up there that requires being killed or having a GM get you out.

Deleted
    The one that will always stick in my memory the most was the vanilla glitch, where if a rogue jumped and vanished at the same time, the top half of their body got permanently frozen in casting pose. You can still find stuff like PvP videos around where its very noticeable. At the time it was just "one of those things".

Had totally forgotten about the suicide dive barbershop in Dalaran until someone mentioned it here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    http://wowaids.ytmnd.com/

And I'm gonna have to go with Peppercat on this one. Shadow Priest invisibility was great.
    thank you hunters/locks best glitch EVER
    When I went up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today. I wish I wish he'd go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark is the devourer of the slow moving and inattentive. This includes plankton, whales, and AFK players.

Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.

Double Mounting was one of my favourites.
    Mounts previously recognised as vehicles would allow the use of another mount from a select few and therefore being mounted on two mounts at once.
    While it was possible with others, I found it worked well with the flying carpet and headless horseman mount sat on top of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heres what my character looked like for about 5 minutes after logging in on my old computer one day.
    http://img851.imageshack.us/f/whatthe.png/
    More of a graphics or clientside issue than a glitch but meh >.>

One of the recent ones... Christmas event+sandstone drake=flying gnome mount. Too bad it wasn't visible to other players.

I had a great one in arena once where I cycloned someone and they fell thru the floor and died. The joke still reccurs 'Cyclone is so OP it not only acts as a CC but insta kills people'. That was fantastic.

The double mounting glitch was amazing, I remember seeing the VoA mammoth getting carried around by a flight form druid, it looked amazingXD (this was also the first multi passenger flying mount).

My personal favorite one was the flight glitch in TBC.

You would mount up on a flying mount and stand on the ground, dueling a mage. The mage would then frost nova you, polymorph you to dismount you, and then hit you for heavy damage so that polymorph and frost nova broke from the same spell. This allowed you to swim through the air.

I then activated the magnetic bubble from the blade's edge mountain quest and flew around gruul's lair like freakin' magneto while we waited for the rest of the raid.

This was real flight by the way, so entering buildings and such did not break it and you could even cast.
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.