Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How ZA/ZG "Random" works

You start off with ZA lets say
    You must kill the final boss of ZA b4 your next random is ZG (100%)

then u must kill final boss of ZG for yr next dungeon to be ZA (100%)

its alternating dungeon in short, if u quit the party half way, you will keep getting ZG ZG ZG ZG ZG ZG

Disclaimer: I'm not the one to control the random, but this is what i tested for 20-30 times que-ing as tank and i saw the trend. Not once it missed this rotation.
    In other words, you will never have random ZA ZA or ZG ZG if you killed their last boss.

Deleted
    If you que while you're in ZG you will get ZG again 100%, had this issue last night while farming bears

I half finished ZA. I then requeued and got ZG. More importantly why make this thread lol. We press buttons and get a group. That's all that matters.

Edit: And again, I queued whilst within ZG and got ZA. You need more than mere statistics to define a causal relationship!

complaining about rng, sup........................
    Inception is nothing but 2 different states of interception.
    -Einstein

It's a 50% chance
    You're going to get the same instance in a row a lot of times

Quote Originally Posted by Renwar View Post
    complaining about rng, sup........................
    Did you even read the post?
    OT: Pretty sure it's 50% like Imnick said, I was getting ZG and ZA even though I never finished either
    Professional Forum Lurker

I got ZG 6 times in a row, talk about random eh!

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    I half finished ZA. I then requeued and got ZG. More importantly why make this thread lol. We press buttons and get a group. That's all that matters.

Edit: And again, I queued whilst within ZG and got ZA. You need more than mere statistics to define a causal relationship!
    someone earlier made a post, saying they are getting endless ZG ZG ZG ZG ZG ZG and they hate it, i think its due to this problem,
    cux when they hate the dungeon, they leave, then que again, according to what i see, they will get endless same dung if they do it

its 50% cus you`ll either get a different one, or not, simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by Grapejooce View Post
    Did you even read the post?
    OT: Pretty sure it's 50% like Imnick said, I was getting ZG and ZA even though I never finished either
    then probably im getting bad randoms with some nice trend LOL

Deleted
    if you leave the instance before you finish it there is a higher chance that you will get the same one again. dungeon finder will have a higher % to pick the instance which is played the least or has the most quits. there was even a blue post about it back in wotlk due to occulus whining

Quote Originally Posted by Voldemorter View Post
    if you leave the instance before you finish it there is a higher chance that you will get the same one again. dungeon finder will have a higher % to pick the instance which is played the least or has the most quits. there was even a blue post about it back in wotlk due to occulus whining
    oh so that means what im seeing is really made this way then, so much for them saying random

10+ Year Old Account
    The chance for getting ZA or ZG is 50/50 is like flipping a coin and guessing head or tails, you will have it random but in the end you will see that there is a 50/50% chance to get head or tails.

Deleted
    So far I've gotten 9 ZA in a row. Random is random. With a true 50% chance, you're just as likely to get loads of 1 in a row, or equally distributed between the two.

not so sure about random, read post number 11

Funny, I've completed ZG then got my next random as ZG. False assumption is false.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Funny, I've completed ZG then got my next random as ZG. False assumption is false.
    its still random but if you leave it eariler it would have a higher % chance to pop up again. dig through the old news if you dont believe me. it was around the same time as they added that bag at the end occulus boss

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    i can also come here and say i got 100 ZG and no ZA no matter i cleared or quit, some people just love to post "no"

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a 50% chance. 1 out of 2 chances you'll get a certain dungeon. Ever learned probability in math class? You know, when they asked you to find the probability that a coin will be heads when flipped a certain amount of time? This is the same situation. There's going to be time say you flip a fair sided coin 8 times and 8 times will be heads, or 7 times will be heads etc. etc.