10+ Year Old Account

How to restore deleted files from last week?

Hey guys and girls.

I need to restore some files i deleted last week, thinking i won't need them anymore.

Could you possibly show me a way to restore them?

A friend of mine gave me the program "Restore My Files Data Recovery v6.01" .. it found some files, but not the ones i lost.

Thank you in advance and have a nice day!
    "Maybe we wouldn't keep getting hurt if we just expected the worst.."

"Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. Sometimes, it simply means you are a strong person"

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you are unlucky, you have rewritten the location which the files were stored in too many times so the program can't find them anymore :/
    I had the same issue 2 years ago, wanted to get back ~2 week old files, no trace of them :/

Go to youtube and search for: file recovery

you find some videoguides which might help also
    Most of them also tells which programs to try etc.

Wish you luck!

Get Recuva and pray. It's the most reputable 100% free undelete tool, googling or youtubing for stuff randomly will just give you links to sites that ask for money.

The longer it takes between file deletion and you wanting the stuff back, the smaller your chances get. If one program didn't find the files you want, odds are nothing will find those anymore outside professional data recovery companies, and those charge around $2-3000 to recover files from physically undamaged SATA HDD. It's been proven that it's possible to recover files that have been overwritten up to 3-4 times, but if that's necessary the price will go to 5 digits.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Get Recuva and pray. It's the most reputable 100% free undelete tool, googling or youtubing for stuff randomly will just give you links to sites that ask for money.

The longer it takes between file deletion and you wanting the stuff back, the smaller your chances get. If one program didn't find the files you want, odds are nothing will find those anymore outside professional data recovery companies, and those charge around $2-3000 to recover files from physically undamaged SATA HDD. It's been proven that it's possible to recover files that have been overwritten up to 3-4 times, but if that's necessary the price will go to 5 digits.
    There are semi-professional software products which are far better than Recuva, but they usually cost between 60 and 100$, so it's not worth it for a few files.
    The best thing he can do right now is not to write anything on the partition with the deleted files.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-05-01 at 07:01 AM.