Latency problems, any way to fix it?

Ok so first off, my ISP ain't all that great. But still, from a couple of months back ive been having increasingly worse net problems. I have to say this, it never crashes but sometimes it gets so slow to the point that i get DCed. My main problem is that the latency fluctuates a lot. What i mean is, over 10 seconds i casted a spell 10 times and the latency on each cast was VERY different. Here is how it goes, and this is what its like all the time.

1 sec = 87 ms
    2 sec = 251 ms
    3 sec = 238 ms
    4 sec = 566 ms
    5 sec = 69 ms
    6 sec = 890 ms
    7 sec = 664 ms
    8 sec = 1904 ms
    9 sec = 112 ms
    10 sec = 438 ms

In the meanwhile, i can DL with speeds up to 950 Kb/s. But recently sometimes it happens that even that drops and then goes back up again. Also, stuff on youtube takes a long time to charge up so i can play it.

My question is, are there any tweaks or whatever that i can to to make my latency stay at one spot and hopefully on a good spot, lets say under 200 ms?

PS : When it's more crowded the latency gets worse, i know that is expected but at the same time, when i make a speed test it shows my speeds at 7k mpbs DL / 700 kbps Upload.

Please help me, i wanna do some arenas and not to them at 3 am. I have cable net thats supposed to be 8 Mbps/ 0.5 mbps.
    Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. Quack.

Move to another place or new internet provider!

What OS do you have? Have you done a clean up of your computer?

I have Windows 7 32 bit, i scan each night for viruses with avast and malware bytes, i defragment disks 2 times each week and i run registry booster everyday.

Deleted
    Latencies have little (effectively) to do with your bandwidth.

In particular, if you connect via a slow node somewhere along the internet - you're gonna get hit by serious latency problems, even though your connection is fine and working at optimum.

Try running a few trace-routes to your WoW server to determine where most of the latency seems to appear from.

Try checking for packet lose. open your windows menu and type "cmd" in the search bar and open the command prompt window. type in" ping www.google.com /t" without the quotes. This will tell how your internet is handleing packets. If it's bad it'll have high ping or will lose the packets in the transfer. Usually disconnecting your router for several minutes can fix this.

Tracing route to eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com [19
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 12 ms 8 ms 9 ms 89.205.1.1.robi.c
    2 12 ms 32 ms 12 ms 89.205.126.1.robi
    3 17 ms 48 ms 21 ms 195.26.158.209
    4 21 ms 27 ms 19 ms 62.162.1.2
    5 17 ms 26 ms 23 ms 79.101.96.109
    6 15 ms 16 ms 31 ms 212.200.227.246
    7 25 ms 22 ms 26 ms bpt-b4-link.telia
    8 35 ms 31 ms 83 ms win-bb2-link.teli
    9 45 ms 48 ms 46 ms ffm-bb2-link.teli
    10 58 ms 56 ms 59 ms prs-bb2-link.teli
    11 57 ms 56 ms 55 ms prs-b4-link.telia
    12 * * * Request timed out
    13 * * * Request timed out
    14 * * * Request timed out
    15 * * * Request timed out
    16 * * * Request timed out
    17 * * * Request timed out
    18 * * * Request timed out
    19 * * * Request timed out
    20 * * * Request timed out
    21 * * * Request timed out
    22 * * * Request timed out
    23 * * * Request timed out
    24 * * * Request timed out
    25 * * * Request timed out
    26 * * * Request timed out
    27 * * * Request timed out
    28 * * * Request timed out
    29 * * * Request timed out
    30 * * * Request timed out

Trace complete.

Pinging www.l.google.com [74.125.43.99] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 74.125.43.99: bytes=32 time=49ms TTL=52
    Reply from 74.125.43.99: bytes=32 time=76ms TTL=54
    Reply from 74.125.43.99: bytes=32 time=50ms TTL=54
    Reply from 74.125.43.99: bytes=32 time=48ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 74.125.43.99:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 48ms, Maximum = 76ms, Average = 55ms

Here's the tracert and the ping data, what do u make of it?

Deleted
    Nothing out of the ordinary. Make sure that you run it though when you're actually getting the latency issues. Running it when you're not is fruitless.

Can't remember exactly; but as far as I recall WoW still lists "Home" and "Realm" latencies separately? You are certain that both are severely impaired? If its -only- the realm then its a server related problem.

i had the same latency issues and leatrix latency fix (wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html) fixed it

edit: now that i think of it, maybe not the same kind of issues.
    Last edited by t2r2s; 2011-05-01 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Nothing out of the ordinary. Make sure that you run it though when you're actually getting the latency issues. Running it when you're not is fruitless.

Can't remember exactly; but as far as I recall WoW still lists "Home" and "Realm" latencies separately? You are certain that both are severely impaired? If its -only- the realm then its a server related problem.

Well as i said, the latency goes up and down all the time, every second it's different. And yeah, both of em rise and fall. I know that changing my ISP would fix this probably, but since i am in this town for only a month or so till the school year is over, i was wondering if there are any tweeks and tricks to boost my net, stabilize it and optimize it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post

Out of curiousity, I always get 2-6k latency for "Server" With a maximum of 600 for "Home"... I keep being told its a problem on my end.