Thread: Eyefinity

Eyefinity

Not sure if this is the place to post this but couldn't find any other place that seemed to be right.

I've heard of people using some program similar to eyefinity to put everything ui related on 1 screen and then have a clean screen on another monitor with only the character + chat.

Would like to know if anyone of you guys know what program this is. Any help is appreciated.

---------- Post added 2011-05-02 at 12:48 AM ----------

Any answer at all is welcome.

There are a few software based options but they are reliant on your hardware (in this case your GPU's).

Eyefinity is specific to an ATI/AMD graphics card.

NVIDIA 2D Surround is similar in function to Eyefinity, however it recquires two similar NVIDIA GPU's that can opperate in SLI. (Two 460's for example).

There are also a few hardware related items, but I can only name one off the top of my head. TrippleHead2GO would be a hardware option, does the same thing NVIDIA Surround/Eyefinity does but with a hardware splitter (plug your monitors into the splitter, then into your GPU). This would of course work on any function GPU (VRAM dependent, some cards just don't have enough juice to do it) but would allow you to run in a setup on NVIDIA cards without requiring two in SLI.

There are some viewport addons that might do what you want but you'd have to Google it to find out more, I've never used them.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Thanks for the replies, will look into both of you're suggestions.

Deleted
    Two steps:
    1. Get a graphics card that allows you merge both screens into a screen with double width (3360x1050 f.e.)
    2. Set the WorldFrame to only cover the left half:
    Code:
    /run WorldFrame:ClearAllPoints() WorldFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT") WorldFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOMLEFT", nil, "BOTTOM") WorldFrame:SetUserPlaced(true)

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't say exactly what OP is looking for but if it is what I think it is, I'm interested too =)
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

He means 1 screen with bags, character info and other stuff, other screen with playing area.

Tried that once.
    1. Make extended desktop, then wow will see the (in my case 3840x1200) resolustion.
    2. Now you have a huge playing area spread over 2 screens, which you don't want, cause your character will be in the middle behind the rims of your screens.
    3. Use Viewport to get 1920x1200 playing area, then you have a black area on the other screen.
    4. Use Moveanything to get your bags, profession, character screen on the other screen.

Only thing why i don't use that anymore : I have 2 screens, so i can have wow on 1 screen and browser on other so i don't have to tab out all the time.
    So if you do that extended wow ... you will again have to tab out to get to browser.
    Last edited by superbotje; 2011-05-02 at 12:55 PM.

I recently read of a program called Exhibitor Pro which should be able to work like Eyefinity, anyone know where I can get a hold of this program?

Still looking for a solution to this if anyone can help me out.