Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Jeklik's Smasher over a 346 agi wep ?

for tanking, i'd keep my agi staff (346) but what about cat dps ? should i give this mace a try ? i hit DE 2 times so far on it since the agi staff doenst drop for me so far.

Jeklik's Smasher

vs:

Darkling Staff

thanks !

p.s. and sicne we're there, how do you guys link wowhead items directly (not the link, the actual tooltip etc) (got it, thanks !)
    Last edited by Morggane; 2011-05-02 at 05:37 AM.

To answer your first question, they link items through the MMOChampion Database.

To answer the first, and this is with my very limited knowledge of feral DPS, STR gives 1 to 1 AP, whereas agility gives more. I don't think the difference between the 346 and the 353's top end damage would be enough to make one better than the other. I'd personally keep the feral staff.

Deleted
    Im not sure about the weapon situation. On one hand its alot of agility your losing, on the other, its a gain in weapon damage. I think most will tell you just to sim it.

As for linking tooltips, you dont like from wowhead. Go to the main page then click the database tab at the top for MMO-Champs very own database. Search for the item you want then look at the side for a "Forum Link" button. A pop up will appear with a URL that you simply copy and paste here.

They're going to be close as the ilvl difference is only 7 levels. Going by my stat distribution (367 Ilvl) the agility staff wins by a nose. YMMV.

keep the agility staff.strength is not as cool as you may think for a feral tank.
    agility = dodge,attackpower,crit

I didn't even know weapon damage did anything for druids? But as above posters have said, AGI = 2 AP, STR = 1. And hit>any other stat ('cept for agi and only if you need hit).

Agility is slightly over 3 ap per point and strength is just over 2 ap per point.

Pretty much what others said.

Mew is the only true answer. A strength weapon with a high enough Ilvl advantage will come out ahead, but that one's close..

BTW: 1 Strength = 2 AP (3.17625 AP with talents and full raid buffs)
    1 Agility = 2 AP + 0.00307831% crit (3.335063 AP + 0.003393836% crit with talents and full raid buffs.

(from WoW Druid Forum Cat Sticky)

Quote Originally Posted by Nêêla View Post
    keep the agility staff.strength is not as cool as you may think for a feral tank.
    agility = dodge,attackpower,crit
    He is asking which is best for dps, not tanking.

15+ Year Old Account
    using mihirs his cat dps stat values
    Code:
    Weapon DPS     5.02
    Agility        3.24
    Mastery        1.29
    Crit rating    1.09
    Haste rating   1.09
    Hit rating     1.06
    Exp rating     1.06
    Strength       2.45
    2xAttack power 2.34
    Attack power   1.17
    mace =
    589.4 weapon dps = 2958.78
    323 strength = 791.35
    205 crit = 223.45
    222 mastery = 286.38
    total = 4259.46

staff =
    552.3 weapon dps = 2772.54
    302 agiility = 978.48
    202 crit = 220.18
    202 matery = 260.58
    total = 4231.78

so the mace will be a dps upgrade not much (only about ~28 dps)
    BUT: these stat rations are based off full 272 gear so on your level it will be different, it also depents if you use the unheelding warning trinket or not as that trinket will increase the value of weapon dps
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    using mihirs his cat dps stat values
    Code:
    Weapon DPS     5.02
    Agility        3.24
    Mastery        1.29
    Crit rating    1.09
    Haste rating   1.09
    Hit rating     1.06
    Exp rating     1.06
    Strength       2.45
    2xAttack power 2.34
    Attack power   1.17
    mace =
    589.4 weapon dps = 2958.78
    323 strength = 791.35
    205 crit = 223.45
    222 mastery = 286.38
    total = 4259.46

staff =
    552.3 weapon dps = 2772.54
    302 agiility = 978.48
    202 crit = 220.18
    202 matery = 260.58
    total = 4231.78

so the mace will be a dps upgrade not much (only about ~28 dps)
    BUT: these stat rations are based off full 272 gear so on your level it will be different, it also depents if you use the unheelding warning trinket or not as that trinket will increase the value of weapon dps
    Excuse me if I am wrong but isn't weapon dps kind of useless to weigh since cat form reduces all weapon speeds to 1.00? So if I did the math right (weapon dps x weapon speed) would give u the proper dps for cat on a weapon the mace dps would be 2121.84 and the staff would be 1325.52 also don't higher ilvl weapons get more feral attack power making the mace the more obvious winner?

EDIT: Nvm about the Feral AP I didn't know it was removed ( I don't play druid )
    EDIT2: Did some more research on feral and found that "Weapon speed and damage have no effect in cat or bear form.
    Only the raw stats and (at high levels) feral attack power have any effect." So I am assuming DPS don't effect them either making the staff the winner. Idk if it's true
    Last edited by Plowed; 2011-05-02 at 08:18 AM.

Weapon damage is a HUGE part of feral dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Plowed View Post
    Excuse me if I am wrong but isn't weapon dps kind of useless to weigh since cat form reduces all weapon speeds to 1.00? So if I did the math right (weapon dps x weapon speed) would give u the proper dps for cat on a weapon the mace dps would be 2121.84 and the staff would be 1325.52 also don't higher ilvl weapons get more feral attack power making the mace the more obvious winner?

EDIT: Nvm about the Feral AP I didn't know it was removed ( I don't play druid )
    EDIT2: Did some more research on feral and found that "Weapon speed and damage have no effect in cat or bear form.
    Only the raw stats and (at high levels) feral attack power have any effect." So I am assuming DPS don't effect them either making the staff the winner. Idk if it's true
    It's a bit wonky. The damage range and speed don't affect us the way it does for say a warrior or DK (why Ashkandi is considered BIS over weapons with the same dps) since, as you pointed out, our attacks are always 1.0 seconds modified by haste. The actual DPS that the weapon does is what affects our attacks. You can still use the feral AP formula (DPS-54.8 *14) to give you a basic idea of how much weapon dps is an upgrade but it's not 100% accurate. Siming is the best idea in most cases. General rule of thumb is it takes a full raid tier (13 ilvls) difference for a strength weapon to edge out an agility weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Plowed View Post

As you said in EDIT2, the weapon speed and weapon dmg range has no direct effect on our dps.. But the DPS from the weapon does matter as it contributed directly into our "paw" dmg on most of our abilitys.. So forget about weapon dmg and weapon speed.. Only focus on DPS from the weapon and the stats.. The calculations from Elunedra is correct!

If you're getting the Mace to drop that frequently, just roll on it. If you win it, test it out. As mentioned before, the Mace would definitely be better than the 346 staff if coupled with Unheeded Warning, but even without it, the weapon DPS is higher. Slap +130 Agi on it (mats are cheap) and play around with it. Worst case scenario, you find it's not worth it and you've only lost whatever you spent on the mats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    I didn't even know weapon damage did anything for druids? But as above posters have said, AGI = 2 AP, STR = 1. And hit>any other stat ('cept for agi and only if you need hit).
    Weapon damage does not change cat damage as stated, but weapon DPS does.

Also, hit is greater than any other stat? Hit is tied with expertise as the worst secondary stat a feral druid can have.

I would go with what Ragekitty said...if it's dropping that much for you, just grab it up if no one else needs and test it out. Why not? Although if I had my pally or Warrior in there I'd be needing on it! (o;

S'up Ren!

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were you, I'd just stay with staff 'til you get an agi staff/polearm. The loss of agi will be a bit much of an impact, and the DPS change isn't that awesome (plus remember your crit loss, so wouldn't the DPS actually go down?). Malevolence drops rather infrequently on Halfus, but I think the whelps are up so he should be ez pz if you can get a group.

Honestly, I wouldn't hold your breath for Malevolence. That staff caused me to rage hard for five straight weeks. The Mace is a slight upgrade; just take it and try it out. Obviously Malevolence is incredibly better but you might die of old age before it drops. ><

Weapon damage does not change cat damage as stated
    Actually it does. It takes the weapon's damage and converts it to 1.0 DPS. But it's the same result either way.

Mace is a slight upgrade for Cats. Downgrade for Bears.