Don't know the chances of this but it's pretty damn convenient!!!

So a guildie of mine says to me "Hey man, want to tank for a guild group for a random Zandalari?" and I said "sorry, I'd really like to but I need the 3x Luck of the Draw buff until I get some better gear" (I'm approx 135-140K without the buff and 170-180K with it). A few minutes later I queue up for my random Zandalari and of course, the queue pops up after about 30 seconds, at this point I press the enter dungeon button and after joining the group I notice once of the people in the group is a guildie, then seconds later realise I've joined the Guild group that I was originally invited to! The guildie that invited me then tells me on vent that the tank they had d/c'd before the Zul'aman gates had been opened, and tbh I really can't beleive the odds, only one other time have I gone into a dungeon and had a guildie happen to be in there, but now, a full guild group?!

Of course, there isn't much point to discussion of this but I just find it so unimaginabley rare to haapen, seeing as we got the 125% guild rep bonus and I got the 3x Luck of the Draw buff for not queueing with them!

No real purpose to this thread other than to sort of announce it!

Guess it's because of the "dungeon finder will now attempt to queue players from the same server together" thing.

Peronally I don't like it. I que alone so I can easily leave when and if the group sucks, if I'm in a group with people from my server then they can whisper me after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minto44 View Post
    Guess it's because of the "dungeon finder will now attempt to queue players from the same server together" thing.
    I love it. Had that happen yesterday and was surprised that everyone was from my server. But it were the smoothest ZG and ZA runs ever, considering we had 3 random people. ZG went so well, we went to ZA together as well. Almost made the third chest too, and we weren't even hurrying. Timerun with sort of lowish alts and randoms that aren't in TS isn't really realistic

Those guys were really cool too. And they were absolutely delighted to get to play with people from my guild as we're currently the most progressed 25-man raiding guild on my server. Seeing the guild tag promises a halfway smooth run

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Peronally I don't like it. I que alone so I can easily leave when and if the group sucks, if I'm in a group with people from my server then they can whisper me after.
    and because of people like you, they changed it.

Since 4.1 hit it's more likely but still funny none the less

mmo-champion.com/threads/896680-RDF-now-favours-groups-from-the-same-server

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its in one of the Blues.

A guild Tank & Healer queued for RDF seperate to end up in the same group, both running the CtA.

Deleted

Oh no, consequences for being an asshole!