Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    They can be real men and reveal their IPs.... And then spend 30 years in maximum security prison acting as bubba's personal man-slaves, right?
    So, what does it matter? They're still god damn cowards, like any other thief or criminal. They're all petty criminals.

a security system is only as good as its designer, no matter how good it is someone smarter than the creator can break it, and theirs always someone smarter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    If no one has linked the youtube video of the hackers etc, here is the link : http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDjchri.../6/OHUFRmLv4m4

It basically tells why they did it .
    No. These are pathetic useless brats who DDoS servers.

Quote Originally Posted by StendhalSyndrom View Post
    Actually modders found out they were running an old vs. of Apache on a RedHat server with known vulnerabilities, if they knew that so did Sony..They just got lazy and didn't update as often as they should.
    I also suspected something like this, major corps like microsoft are used to being targetted and have vested alot in security , i would never imagine something like this bringing xboxlive down.

Actually there is, it started mid-topic.

People that do this kind of thing need to get a life. Hacking is dumb, doing it to prove a point is dumb, the entire state of affairs is just dumb dumb dumb. I hope the ones responsible for hurting sony are punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Typical this happens the same week I cancel my WoW sub and reactivate my EQ2 account... Doubt it'll stop me playing EQ2 though, WoW offers me nothing so won't be going back and I don't want to start playing another game.

Silly it takes them so long to notify their customers about stuff like this... especially after telling us last week our accounts were safe from these attacks only to find a week before then they'd been hacked etc etc.

So far SOE are going to give us 30 days free play time and add days on for each day the servers are down due to this, I'm not sure that's enough compensation for me really, not that we can get them to do more anyway =/
    For the Horde!

Man I'm pissed about this hack. I've been wanting to get the killzone 3 map pack >

Sony's a crap company who didn't feel like it was worth the money to add a little security. This information was stored in PLAIN TEXT. At least Microsoft doesn't routinely lay off chunks of people to make its bottom line look better to the share holders... And ffs don't quote Sony's statements as the truth in this matter, it's their company, they're going to bs you to death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veldrinal View Post
    Sony's a crap company who didn't feel like it was worth the money to add a little security. This information was stored in PLAIN TEXT. At least Microsoft doesn't routinely lay off chunks of people to make its bottom line look better to the share holders... And ffs don't quote Sony's statements as the truth in this matter, it's their company, they're going to bs you to death
    Can we not get in this stored in plain text crap again? Its been dealt with over and over and over again where people believe everything they hear. Its getting old and annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    New? More like a month old.