Deleted

SteelSeries SHIFT keyboard causing problems.

Hello,

This christmas i bought myself a SteelSeries SHIFT keyboard, and I appear to be having a few problems with it.
    I'd like to point out the fact that when installing the drivers for the keyboard, my computer crashed - whether this is what has caused the problem I am unsure about.

The actualy problem with the keyboard is that when it is plugged into my computer, i cannot open certain programmes, these programmes include:

-TeamSpeak (I have crash-logs from when this application cannot run)
    -Killing Floor
    -Super Meat Boy
    -Audiosurf
    -Bit.Trip
    -Minecraft

The problem has a very easy temporary solution, which is to unplug my keyboard, load the application, then plug the keyboard back in. This has started to become very irritating over the past few weeks, where i've been doing it 15-20 times a day.

At first i thought the problem was just TeamSpeak, so i looked up a few solutions for that - One of which i tried involved running dxdiag, when i initially run it it crashes when checking "Direct Input", when i load it a second time it claims that there was a problem with direct input and asks me if i would like to skip it this time.
    If i use the same fix for opening teamSpeak (Unplugging keyboard, running programme, plugging back in), dxdiag runs fine.

Does anyone know a permanent fix for this, has anyone else encountered this problem with the SteelSeries SHIFT keyboard?

Any help is much appreciated,
    Iaresmall, Khadgar-EU

Hey Iarsmall,

Unfortunately this is a problem that we've discovered with some games and apps on Windows XP 32 bit. Basically, the software in question expects usb devices to enumerate in 8bit, however, our Shift firmware works with in 32bit to utilize the power of the hardware and optimize performance.

This is fully in line with all 'standards' and certifications, it is simply an issue with the software using an outdated and assumed standard. The issue does not happen on on XP 64 bit, Widows Vista, and Windows 7.

If you do not plan to update your OS, I would recommend we exchange your keyboard for a different model.

Feel free to file a ticket for exchange at our website SteelSeries(dot)com(slash)support

Sorry about the issue

Regards,
    SteelSeries Support

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I decided this problem. But I may not post attachments

---------- Post added 2011-05-06 at 06:37 PM ----------

It is needed to disconnect two hid devices

Deleted
    Wow, steelseries support on MMO? That's pretty awesome.