Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Sony admits 2nd breach of network - 25 million more users get info stolen.

So just saw this on BBC News 24 - Sony has reported a 2nd breach of their networks and that another 25 millions users game data, personal information and potentially bank details have been stolen.

Well played Sony.

How is this even possible?

If this is real I applaud the hackers for an internet revolution they are going to cause.

It was one breach, they just noticed now that something was wrong with SOE...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to imagine what these forums would look like if this was happening to Blizzard. I can imagine people's brains literally exploding in rage considering even the tiniest thing Blizzard does causes surreal anger

Azalu that is the truth.

I can't believe the forms I have been in and the only thing these ps people seem to care about is their save games and getting back online.
    People talk about the loss of their id and credit cards and most just go but what about my gold standards or something about their status.

I guess moms credit card info and her id mean nothing to most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sparks View Post
    Azalu that is the truth.

I can't believe the forms I have been in and the only thing these ps people seem to care about is their save games and getting back online.
    People talk about the loss of their id and credit cards and most just go but what about my gold standards or something about their status.

I wonder what I would do with 40 million credit card #'s..

10+ Year Old Account
    If there was one more online service from sony, they could go and make a hattrick.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If there was one more online service from sony, they could go and make a hattrick.
    Or a Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    Buy WOW gold. lol

Quote Originally Posted by hankitg View Post
    So just saw this on BBC News 24 - Sony has reported a 2nd breach of their networks and that another 25 millions users game data, personal information and potentially bank details have been stolen.

Well played Sony.
    Government organisation (Illuminati?) stolen information for knowledge to keep it in some register to easier be able to track or controll a person.
    Could also be Sony's bad security or a incredibly good virus.

1 word for governments - conspiracy. The second option seems more normal but you never know.

Deleted
    Buyout Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by sparks View Post
    Azalu that is the truth.

To be fair, I'm sure a lot of people don't use their cards online. Like, I've never used a credit card for Xbox Live, I buy the cards for points and stuff if I buy something.

Also I just kinda feel bad for Sony and their users.... I guess there's only so much you can do...

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't need credit card info to make a nice sum of money of your personal information on such a large scale by the way.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

How did such a big company let this happen? I guess, the bigger they are, the easier it is to have a crack somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dormin View Post
    Buyout Sony.
    I loled at this

Quote Originally Posted by hankitg View Post

Well played Sony.
    They never said there was a 2nd breach, they've said it wasn't a second breach, those 24 million accounts are from the first and only attack that happened April 17-18th.

And there already was a post with a lot of information about this, so no need to even start two more.

Although Sony screwed up, I still trust them enough that they are doing whatever they can to recover this information or prevent what hasn't been leaked already, to be leaked. The good news for us in the US is that the credit card information wasnt stolen, it was from a separate system with European accounts.

I haven't used a credit card with PSN, but I have with SOE with EverQuest, so that was a bit of relief.

Edit: I would like to add if you are concerned, a lot of credit card companies allow you to set up 'Alerts' where any charge will send you a text and an email. I set it up and it might be worth it in this case just as a precaution.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2011-05-03 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dormin View Post
    Buyout Sony.
    Asking price will be about a buck fifty soon, at this rate.

Deleted
    Take a penny out of each account, you'd be pretty well of by the end of it