Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Help a noob: One button to mash for all my needs

Hi All!

I have spent about 30 minutes looking thru the forum for my answer to no avail.

I am looking for a macro that I can mash to use all my cooldowns and trinkets and what not.

right now my macro just looks like this, but sometimes it gets hung up and wont continue to the next spell:

/cast outbreak;
    /cast pillar of frost;
    /cast lifebloom;
    /cast raise dead
    /use trinket 1;
    /use trinket 2;
    /cast horn of winter;
    /use (25 second Str flask)

I just like to spam this button during my rotations to keep my cooldowns active.. but for some reason it doesn't follow all the way thru to the end.

Any syggestions?

Some of those abilities trigger global cd's. Any given macro can only support one global-generating ability.

You don't need the semicolons at the end.

Other than that I'd say this isn't a good idea, but whatever floats your boat I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    /castsequence

And yeah watch GCD's
    Pokemon X/Y Friend Code: 1762-4021-4202
    My Safari = *Currently Unknown*
    Currently looking for Eevee/Growlithe Friend Safaris
    Feel free to Add/PM me for anything Pokemon

Deleted
    Try use /castsequence spell, item, item, spell, ability...

dont work cause
    1 - to many abilities
    2 - you have dk and druid abilities in the same macro ??? D=

Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    dont work cause
    1 - to many abilities
    2 - you have dk and druid abilities in the same macro ??? D=
    Its my herbalism spell.. forgot name

So

/castsequence
    /cast outbreak;
    /cast pillar of frost;
    /cast lifebloom;
    /cast raise dead
    /use trinket 1;
    /use trinket 2;
    /cast horn of winter;
    /use (25 second Str flask)

Is this right?

I realize it uses a GCD.. but thats why I keep spamming it... I dont expect to push it once and cast all abilities..

---------- Post added 2011-05-03 at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dotOrion View Post
    You don't need the semicolons at the end.

Other than that I'd say this isn't a good idea, but whatever floats your boat I suppose.
    Why is it a bad idea? I want to use my trinkets all the time, pillar of frost all the time.. I cast outbreak whenever its up.. so why not?

No, it's the way he told you to. /castsequence ability, item, blabla

And it will get held in place until next skill is available to be cast/used - ie., it's off cooldown.

When people say DK's are faceroll, they didn't mean you can literally put stuff in 1 macro and dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    No, it's the way he told you to. /castsequence ability, item, blabla

And it will get held in place until next skill is available to be cast/used - ie., it's off cooldown..
    That's the thing. I dont want this to be held in place until its off its cooldown.. I want it to cast anything thats off its cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    When people say DK's are faceroll, they didn't mean you can literally put stuff in 1 macro and dps ..
    This functionality would be just as useful to my lock or rogue, I am just using a dk as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by rails1234 View Post
    That's the thing. I dont want this to be held in place until its off its cooldown.. I want it to cast anything thats off its cooldown.
    You cannot do that, just learn to play please, or even learn to google.

If you google "castsequence macro" you will see alot of options, though you cannot just "cast anything thats off its cooldown", when several of them use GCD.
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

10+ Year Old Account
    This means you're pretty much looking for an "I win button" macro. Sorry, as far as I'm aware there is no way to create a macro that would do what you are asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pj4ever View Post
    You cannot do that, just learn to play please, or even learn to google.

If you google "castsequence macro" you will see alot of options, though you cannot just "cast anything thats off its cooldown", when several of them use GCD.
    You can do that. I am not familiar with Dk's and what is on or off the GCD or what requires runic power and/or runes, but just listing the abilities will create a macro that can be spammed and it will use everything that it can. It just wont cast all of the ones (if applicable) that are on the same gcd

Code:
    /castsequence outbreak, pillar of frost, lifebloom, raise dead, horn of winter
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /use Name of your potion
    Can't have trinkets as a castsequence, they are use items.

Ugly way of doing things... Have you heard of alt functions?
    Code:
    /cast [mod:Shift] Outbreak; [mod:Alt] Pillar of Frost; [mod:Ctrl] Horn of Winter
    /use 13
    /use 14
    I am sure there are better, cleaner ways of doing this.

Guys - I am talking about trinkets or abilities that are on 30 second, or 3 minute cooldowns.. not my regular dps abilities and such..

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r80354 View Post
    You can do that. I am not familiar with Dk's and what is on or off the GCD or what requires runic power and/or runes, but just listing the abilities will create a macro that can be spammed and it will use everything that it can. It just wont cast all of the ones (if applicable) that are on the same gcd
    That's not how it works. If you have several /cast comands in a single macro and more than 1 trigger the GCD, the macro will launch the first one and then any other abilities on the GCD will simply not work and the macro will go back to the beginning. If you have a /castsequence macro it will cast the spells in sequence (duh!), each click of the macro launching the next ability in sequence after the GCD is over. Neither will just go and cast whatever is off GCD.
    Also: http://www.wowwiki.com/Making_a_macro

Guys - I am talking about trinkets or abilities that are on 30 second, or 3 minute cooldowns.. not my regular dps abilities and such..

Thanks!
    Sorry, still no dice. This is why we have all the nifty cooldown monitoring mods and stuff. It would be too easy if you could just make a "use whatever is not on CD" macro.
    Last edited by Kisuro; 2011-05-03 at 03:08 PM.

well this isn't a good idea because spell priority reigns king nowadays

but to use a trinket in your macro, just /cast Trinketname

for example: /cast Fury of Angerforge
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Try something like mine, I play frost spec always have, and its the spec I know best, Fuck unholy, hate the pet.

Howling Blast
    Code:
    /cast Howling Blast
    /Cast Vicious Trinket
    /cast Lifeblood
    /cast Synapse Strings

Now the main reason why I put all the trinkets in one macro because I can pop a trinket every 30 sec, only the last 30 sec out of 2 min has no trinket.
    Do not put pillar on a macro, as that is a very situational spell, especially against a boomy comp.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

Thanks!
    Trinkets can be used together (provided they don't share cooldown) by using:

/use 13
    /use 14

alternatively, /use trinketname.

Any other long term cooldown can be used if it does not initiate a global cooldown. As a DK, I think this includes mind freeze and defensive cooldowns. For abilities that do cause a global cooldown, you can choose ONE. I recommend as stated above using shift and ctrl modifiers to choose on your own.

A sample Macro would be:

/use 13
    /use 14
    /cast Icebound Fortitude
    /Cast Vampiric Blood
    /Cast [mod:shift] DAncing Rune Weapon; [mod:alt] Empower Rune Weapon;

Now, realistically, those abilities shouldn't really be used together. As a matter of fact, defensive cooldowns, which are really the only ones that work in such a macro since they are 90% of the time off gcd, should be used sparingly and just enough to survive. You shouldn't pop every "oh shit" button you have to survive an attack that won't kill you if you popped one cd.

On the other end of the scope, with DPS abilities, since they are ALL ON GCD, you can only use trinkets and the ability and potions and whatnot and that is all. Use a modifier key so you can consolidate buttons on your bar.

Concerning Castsequence stuff: you can include multiple abilities on GCD but you just have to watch the GCD so you can do them in order.

Concerning hitting a button for priority (for example if one is on cooldown, skip to the next) you can just /cast ability but some abilities break the macro. I can't think of ones off the top of my head.

EDIT: I also thought blizzard remove the functionality of just having a bunch of /casts of abilities lined up because of hunters playing with one button in BC/wotlk? So now you cant have multiple abilities that have globals run together and it stops at the first one thats on cooldown?
    Last edited by Vladimeir; 2011-05-03 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzow View Post
    /castsequence

And yeah watch GCD's
    ^^ this. If you don't watch, you will miss some. I have tried something similar and must admit it was a poo idea. The focus I put into watching whether or not I was mashing too fast or whatever make it void. I would rather just macro some things together that I know for certain will be used together without the exception of a GC.