Poll: Do you think the Call to Arms has created bad tanks?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Maybe at the start they will be a bit rough around the edges that i agree with, but the hope is that a smattering will improve or find they are great tanks.

Those we have had over the last week who suck and always find they get kicked or wipe not clearing any content will very shortly move back to their other main role.

so just wait it out a bit. Ive tried tanking on my druid (with appropiate gear that i saved from off spec rolls and some of auction house) i didnt do all that well and i stopped because i saw how much harder i was making things.

Now if a bad tank finds that he can never get even 1 boss down. he wont stay tanking thats for sure.
    Last edited by mmoc21829a8d84; 2011-05-03 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think it is "creating" bad tanks per se. It is more like inviting the previously unable to tank, to try and tank. It is basically like that movie Invincible (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445990/) with Marky Mark (wahlberg) where the Eagles hosted open tryouts to the public with a chance of someone making the team.

Well. Same thing, a bunch of nobodies showed up and thought they were sure to make the team. If you kick them enough, they will start queueing as DPS again.

Deleted
    It may have nothign to do with CtA.

Good tanks were done with all 7 heroics on wednesday, weekend was left for "casual" and bad ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post

Good tanks were done with all 7 heroics on wednesday, weekend was left for "casual" and bad ones.
    ahh i never thought of that, good point

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post

Good tanks don't raid on reset day, and/or are unemployed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible tanks, terrible healers. It's like a lucky dip of which idiot you'll get in a group with you now, most of the times it's one, sometimes you luck out and get a bad healer and tank.

Crappy tanks and crappy healers have always existed. People have always been queuing up to tank or heal as Ret/Fury/Enhancement/Boomkin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalizari View Post
    Good tanks don't raid on reset day, and/or are unemployed?
    They clear the place under 20 min, hardly a problem to clear before raiding.
    Last edited by mmoc8c38b7d291; 2011-05-03 at 08:44 PM.

Goes bouth ways makes bad thanks do more dungeons now that there is a extra prize. And gets bad players going tank/healing for extra loot when they just lack the ability to do those roles.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by smiiiff View Post
    Good tanks are in guilds and no CTA bag and 15% luck of the drawn bonus will make up for the horrible DPS you sometimes get in random heroics.
    To be fair, on my healer? I'm having worse tanks than DPS. Sure I'm still only in normals as I'm still gathering the gear and JP to start to advance into heroics, but, the tanks I've seen make me wish for a stupid DPS any day. Why? Because stupid DPS doesn't matter, stupid DPS can be made up for. A bad tank ruins the run for everyone. Case in point;

Feral Druid tanking with KITTY GEAR. Blames me and hunter for the 3 wipes he caused.
    Death Knight stealing a CASTER RELIC.
    Paladin stealing HEALER ITEMS, from me. The healer.
    Death Knight wearing full DPS kit! Expecting ME to heal him thru a dungeon! I put up with it for one boss, first wipe, tell him where he should duck off too, drop group.
    Warrior wearing lv 80 heirlooms of lol. And yes. Chest and Shoulder! And DPS gear! Made my friend think it was his healing that was bad, as he rarely inspects tanks. Well rarely did.
    Tanks who ignore when healer has aggro.
    Tanks who ignore when DPS has aggro.
    Tanks who ignore when you tell them tactics.
    Tanks who ignore when you tell them you need an MB.

Seriously good god give me a crappy ninja DPS over a bad tank anyday.

Well one of the issues might be that the experienced tanks are only doing the ZA instances and not the regular heroic random. I know that I haven't queued to tank anything else.

Seen some bad ones. Some under geared but still decent, normally the alt of someone with education.

I don't think so, maybe someones mind get a little bit out of there head.
    For the Greater Good.
    www.allods.eu

Deleted
    I don't feel that there have been any change in the quality of tanks. You will run into poor tanks once in a while - just like you did before 4.1
    It's not just "poor" tanks who are more tempted to queue when the CTA is up, great tanks are too. There's just more of them all which was the goal.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well the CTA will make me start tanking on my lvl 83 dudu as well.

I'm gonna collect some feral gear, try a few 80's heroics with a pally friend (who I'm gonna tell to use rightious fury for extra incentive for me) and see how it goes
    I'll let you know if it will creates another bad tank

Call to arms didn't cause this, this was always here with the high demand for tanks in the LFD tool

It's not creating bad tanks, it's bringing increased interest to the role of tanking (which was the intention of CTA). If your goal is to increase interest in a certain role, you're going to get both good, and bad tanks taking a shot. A couple of weeks from now we should see the tanks that aren't up to the challenge stop queuing, while hopefully seeing some of the good ones stick around.

For the record, I've seen a huge amount of new tanks since 4.1, and the majority of them have actually been pretty good. I've had 3 - 4 that couldn't even make it as DPS, but my experience so far has been generally good.