Comparing Graphics cards

Hey, i needed a little help with buying a graphics card.
    I'm not really great with the insides of computers and have a choice between a few cards, i've looked at there specs and cant really tell the differences. Could someone with knowledge tell me which will give me the best preformance?

Gigabyte Ge Force GTX 560Ti SUPER OC 1024MB GDDR5

ATI Radeon 6950 2048MB GDDR5
    i5 2500k 4.6GHZ
    Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard

Games would be SC2, BF:BC2 and few others around that scale.

If you need any other info i dont mind supplying, cheers!
    Last edited by Funt Case; 2011-05-03 at 06:51 PM.

They are both on par with each other performance wise (out of the box). Only difference is that you can flash reference versions of the 6950 2GB into a 6970 in which case it would be faster than a 560 Ti. Besides that, 2GB of RAM would also help if you play games on super high res or 2+ monitors at the same time.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

well i wouldnt know how to flash it :S and that brings me to another point. Will i need a monitor with HD lead? or can i use that normal monitor wire?

Cant link my screen but its 1900x1080 and has the "normal" screen wire, if you understand :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funt Case View Post
    well i wouldnt know how to flash it :S and that brings me to another point. Will i need a monitor with HD lead? or can i use that normal monitor wire?

Cant link my screen but its 1900x1080 and has the "normal" screen wire, if you understand :S
    "Normal"? lol Normal for me now is DVI :P So.. Is it VGA, DVI or HDMI?
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Thats great! seems the 6950 is better in most things just by a bit, but since thats the original 560Ti maybe that would make it abit better?
    Oc versionFeatures:-
    - GPU Gauntlet Sorting Technology
    - Ultra Durable VGA+
    - 7 phase PWM design (6 phase for GPU; 1 phase for memory)
    - WINDGORCE 2X Cooling Design
    - Voltage Read Point Design
    - Core Clock: 950MHz
    - Memory: 1024MB GDDR5
    - Memory Clock: 4580MHz (Effective)
    - Memory Interface: 256-Bit
    - Processing Cores: 384
    - Shader Clock: 1900MHz
    - Bus Type: PCI-Express 2.0
    Normal
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 822MHz/1644MHz/1002MHz

Sorry for dragging this on, just want to be sure since there basically the same price

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it blue with screws? Or white? Or is it a small flat with no screws?

Post a google image. Google: VGA, DVI and HDMI and tell us wich one.
    Last edited by kailtas; 2011-05-03 at 07:37 PM.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    "Normal"? lol Normal for me now is DVI :P So.. Is it VGA, DVI or HDMI?
    Well its like a rectangle with 2 screw things at either side, like i said, not computer savy

Googled, Vga

10+ Year Old Account
    For that resolutino I'd buy a 6950 2gb, preferably a refererence one (e.g. Sapphire, HIS, Powercolor, XFX, etc) and then attempt to flash it to a 6970...90%+ success rates on that one, and dual-bios means there's absolutely NO harm in trying! Flashing is piss-easy and can be done in 30 secs, google will result in plenty of guides
    Even if you can't flash it a 6950 would be faster than a 560Ti at stock clocks.

edit:
    Well its like a rectangle with 2 screw things at either side, like i said, not computer savy

Googled, Vga
    Wait, you have a 1080p monitor with a VGA connector?

The one on the far left is HDMI, middle is DVI and far right is VGA. Confirm which one you have.
    Modern graphics cards most commonly support DVI and HDMI, with DVI being used for computer monitors and HDMI for high-def TV's. For VGA you'll need a converter (usually comes in the box).
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-05-03 at 08:04 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

well i wouldnt know how to flash it :S
    http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/...ng/vidcard/159
    There you go. It is that easy.

6970 is stronger than 560.

If you want to save money you can grab the 6950 and unlock+flash to a 6970. very strong card right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like the link from coldfiredragon stated, both are pretty equal performance wise. And they should cost about the same. So it doesn't really matter.

Depends what you mean with "normal" screen wire. At this moment, there are 3 different cable types used to connect your monitor: VGA, DVI, HDMI. The first one uses the old analog thechnique and should be avoided for higher resolutions, because it gets worse the more pixels per second it has to transfer. You should use DVI or HDMI, which one doesn't matter for image quality. HDMI can transfer audio via the same cable, but that only really matters if you hook it up to a TV, because seriously who want's to use those littly tiny speakers built in with some monitors.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm VGA indeed...modern graphics cards no longer support VGA, but you should be completely fine using the DVI-to-VGA converter that comes in the box along with the graphics card (if you go with a 6950).
    I'm afraid I don't know about it's implications on quality/refresh rates though, that you'll have to find out.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Hmm VGA indeed...modern graphics cards no longer support VGA, but you should be completely fine using the DVI-to-VGA converter that comes in the box along with the graphics card (if you go with a 6950).
    I'm afraid I don't know about it's implications on quality/refresh rates though, that you'll have to find out.
    Honestly, there really is no performance loss when using a converter, at least none that will be noticeable. They both come with the adapters, and you really can't go wrong with either. So, flip a coin.