Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Angry Magmaw's head phase... head fell backwards.

We were doing Magmy 25-man HC two nights ago and on one of the head phases, Magmaw slumped his body backwards, instead of on the spike. Needless to say, he couldn't be dpsed properly like this.

Has anyone seen this before? Seems like a 4.1 bug, since it's never happened to us before.
    Last edited by Howard Moon; 2011-05-13 at 09:19 AM. Reason: clarifications
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    some 80 or so total encounters with that slimey bastard on heroic I can say no, I haven't.

*edit*

pre 4.1

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvDemkUWAVU

That's a video from back in February, so it definitely isn't a 4.1 thing, rather it's been around a while.

Not sure what actually triggers it, but it's amusing.

I've seen him do this a total of one time, it was hilarious. Reg mode for me, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    ive also seen it..was for sure a hilarious wtf moment and despite not being able to kill him we did all have a good laugh

The riptide is free..but the GWH? Thats gonna cost you..

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    We were doing H Magmy two nights ago and on one of the head phases, Magmaw slumped his body backwards, instead of on the spike. Needless to say, he couldn't be dpsed properly like this.

Has anyone seen this before? Seems like a 4.1, since it's never happened to us before.

(before you flame me, that parasite wasn't on me, and that try was a wipe anyway)
    I saw it happen 3 or 4 times during our progression, pre 4.1... so no, it's not new.
    We actually managed to get our firstkill at an attempt where he bugged out like this xD ... not very clean though, and it sucked everytime he decided to go "oooh i love lava, i have to lay back for a while" ...

edit: for the record: 10H mode

We wiped at like 4% once because of that. 10/25 people alive, chained him down, was backwards, wipe.

Deleted
    Yeah we've had that happen the week before 4.1 as well. Was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvDemkUWAVU

That's a video from back in February, so it definitely isn't a 4.1 thing, rather it's been around a while.

Not sure what actually triggers it, but it's amusing.
    Lol yeah, that's pretty much how ridiculous it looked when it happened to us. So I assume it is an older, known issue... but I might send a ticket in anyway just in case.

Thanks for the replies.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Hahaha this happened to us tonight while I was streaming. I couldn't stop laughing lol

Deleted
    Usually it's a hell of a lot more annoying when he does it as he dies. Bye bye loot

It happened on our first night on him in my guild...was in January or so. Cost us our first kill tbh, he did it twice on one try ):

We had this exact thing on our last raid. The oddest thing was even us ranged couldn't get him, as it said he was out of LoS!

Reset, go again, all fine second time.

Deleted
    Never seen that before myself, but saw a video of it before, it looks really weird!

Deleted
    had it once too and we wiped. maybe he laughed at us!

We saw it happen one time in 10N. Was extremely awkward, but at least the range could still hit it. I think we actually downed it on that attempt too, just took a little longer than normal since all the melee couldn't DPS - or didn't DPS because they thought they couldn't. I'm not sure which.

Deleted
    most people here who mentioned raid size have said 10m has anyone seen this on 25?

Deleted
    happende for us too on sunday, but its not a big deal relly, we just continued normally with the adds and stuff out and killed him (heroic that is)

Deleted
    Happened to us twice in total since cata released. Very funny bug

Had this happen a few months ago on normal mode, did look funny. :P
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28