Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Generally if i'm dpsing and i pull ahead of the tank, i'm seeing things he isn't but should be, like group hp and healer mana. If the tank is waiting between pulls and there is no reason, i'll go ahead and pull a mob or group just to get the tank rolling.
    Vol'Jin: ...You be no Warchief of mine!
    Garrosh: *deep breath* I find your lack of faith disturbing.

I always pull first, if the tank doesn't taunt I fade and the healer get killed. Then we all blame the tank to be slow.
    I agree it's a much better way than waiting that the tank pull and get aggro.

Deleted
    K, i tank and the few time when dps could pull without "omfg wipe the group" they dont and I dont want them to.
    Problem is if you let bad DPS do that, they start comparing mobs despite not even knowing any mob abilitys, tbh a take piss is more of a "ooh this one had mana and i was told to pull it, i know ima pull that one that has mana too."

Unless you absolutly have to have dps pull as in the case of CC, dont ever let them, because it spills over into every pack, in every room, in every instance.

As for the whole dps pulling cus the tank is in luland; well mayb its because death and decay or averngers sheild are 3 or 4 seconds so i wait for that stupidly little time and dps all cry that im too slow, mayb they should learn to chill and take it slow the game actualy gets more fun the less seriously you take it.

Here's something i remember reading once on these forums that i think apply well to this,
    "you gank it, you tank it"

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play a caster that, even though it wears mail, is squishier than any clothie you've ever met.

I am allergic to things hitting me.

If I start taking unexpected damage, or pull unexpected aggro, I have a panic attack.

I also worry when someone other than the tank has their box on my grid outlined in red, for aggro.

Tanks queue as tanks, they should do the pulling. If I am tanking on my warrior and someone other than me pulls, with the intention of pulling, I get on their ass about it. If they do it a second time, I tell the healer to quit healing them. If they do it a third time, I initiate a vote kick. Doesn't matter what they pulled. If they want to tank so bad, they should've queued as one.
    Last edited by Synaxis; 2011-05-08 at 04:24 PM.

usually a cc pull w/ death and decay slightly infront of them works the best

Deleted
    as an ex healer, i would have just let you die
    Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2011-05-08 at 04:46 PM.

As a hunter first and a tank second (prot war and feral druid) i belive it is ok for hunters to md pull.If the tank is redy i also like to keep md on tank on every CD

Quote Originally Posted by zackkaufen View Post
    Did anyone actually read the post that I made...?

I was talking about situations were mobs and bosses are untankable.
    dont matter pulling is the tanks job...if u dont wanna do it than go dps our heals, now if the dps get tired of waitng for slow tank they will pull and force tank to actually do their job

Because for the rest of the population, DPS pulling it wrong.

No one wants the PvP jumping, hopping, Blinking, FNing, Invisibling Mage to go pull and then dump it all on the healer while he has spread the mobs out and all of them have aggro on different people.

Hunters are the only class that have the means to pull FOR a tank, and even then, it's only good for one mob for a short period of time, and only if the tank knows and is paying attention.

There are very, very few pulls that specifically benefit from a DPS pulling unless it's a Hunter taking a mob over for a trap. In most cases, you want the tank to move the group from the other CC, not the CCers to move their mobs away from the tank, because it's hard to move a caster mob, which is normally what is CC'd.

I'd rather DPS keep the mindset that DPS pulling is offlimits, because if you try to reteach that pulling is okay because one tank says it is, they'll start doing it everywhere. Most DPS are not inclined to do situational things, this is somewhat obvious since you say DPS do not pull on those few fights that might benefit from a DPS pulling.

DPS not pulling for 3 pullable fights > DPS always pulling all the time and happening to make it work for 3 fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a tank im not giving dpsers time to pull im just chain pulling lol =P

s0 much t0 Live f0r.. s0 much t0 die f0r..

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this really being asked? Really?

The reason people let the tank pull is so they don't end up tanking the mobs themselves if the tank just so happens to be afk. I love how you imply someone doesn't know what they're doing when they're practicing self-preservation...

When I play a DPS class I always pull because tanks are always too slow to pull themselfes. Just got kicked from a group because of it :<

---------- Post added 2011-05-08 at 04:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by archanqel View Post
    As a tank im not giving dpsers time to pull im just chain pulling lol =P
    Idd, when I play a tank I feel kinda ashamed if I'm pulling so slow that the DPSers have to do it for me...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roguetank View Post
    Are you kidding me? Ever since they introduced tricks of the trade i rarely ever let the tank pull.

If we're sitting there ready to go and the tank is off in lala land, he better believe he's getting md'd.

Nothing irritates me more than the tank taking the longest to get ready in between pulls.
    And yet your name is roguetank, The Patient. LOL. Not.

Please post constructively. Oh and those "titles" change with post counts. Grunt. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-05-08 at 05:03 PM.

I pull on my healer all the time, I'm sick of waiting and Mind Control (with 0 hit rating) is still the only CC I can count on because other dps seem to be incapable of CCing themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    pfft your kidding right since ive started tanking with a pally every single warrior i get a group with charges in thinking he can handle everything with his gay looms i seriously let em tank and hope they die then kick the bastard out of the group

On most of the cases mentioned, the only advantage to having the dps pull is to get more damage done. In LFD, the dps rarely, if ever, do more damage than tanks. So dps don't pull because they're stupid and it would be even more stupid for them to do that. In general. Now if the tank is stupid too, then it doesn't matter because its not going to end well either way.
    Nightstormer of Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    One time in a heroic

Me: What are you waiting for Tank?
    Tank: I had to pull out Death and decay from my spellbook... sorry
    Me: What
    Oh my.

tencharacters

Please post constructively. Thanks. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-05-08 at 05:01 PM.
    Alliance 85:Fire/Arcane
    Horde 85: Holy/Retribution Restoration/Elemental Survival/Marksman Restoration/Balance Assassination/Subtlety Shadow/Shadow Unholy/Frost Affliction/Demonology Protection/Arms

Quote Originally Posted by shiryo View Post
    Say mage x sheeps one mob. Now the mobs will be running towards him. Sure I knew this were going to happend so I positioned myself in between them.
    But then warrior y decides I have enough threat (before the mobs have even reached me) and charges in, stunning one so that he won't get attacked by my aoe attacks or worse, stuns everybody and bladestorms (breaking the sheep aswell).
    Warrior y dies beacuse fuck him. He whines and calls all other people bad beacuse they aren't doing their roles and tries to vote kick someone (usually me, the tank).
    This happens all day, every day. No one understands the intricacies of positioning or threat. The concept that a mob running toward the tank needs to be allowed to reach him in order for the tank to continue producing threat(Tanks are melee, not ranged) is lost on 50% of dps. When you get a group that lets the tank pull and position the dungeon goes so fast and smooth. But that's depressingly rare.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Tank pulls and holds aggro/survives. DPS burn mobs down. Healers heal. Period.

Tank pulls or hunter MDs to da tank, f... the rest.