Deleted

Looking for a Clean Paladin UI

Heya, i've been raiding for quite sometime now, and i havent found an UI that actually suits my needs and that doesnt make my wow very clunky.
    I Raid as a tank and have a retribution offspec, also problems with UI's is that usually when u get like a raiding UI if you wanna do arenas or pvp in general your UI is just gonna go "OMFGCRAZY"

I was wonderin if there's any paladin around that could either show me a clean UI or post a list of addons to make an UI or just a pack in general

Best Regards =)

www.tukui.org

clean and simple, all in one, like arena frames, healing, tank ( changeable at start or by /dps /heal )

/tukui ingame gives you more options to configure, and /mtukui moves all u want to move. Make sure you download the "thing" to

confiigure ingame. ( forgot name) All explained on forum.

Delete all your addons, wtf folder etc ( just make sure you do a clean install of addons )

Download whatever edit you want, tukui itself or a edited version.

Done
    Last edited by webdonkey; 2011-05-04 at 08:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Holy shit reading that post made my eyes feel weird. My sight is superfocused too...

fuck this shit man I'm going to sleep

Deleted
    Never heard of this Tukui UI thingy, im very new onto the hardcore UI addon world, so most of em im not very aware off, is it downloadable on the curse client?

Make your own, all the prepacked ones are crap and shameless plugs to the creator in my exp and others have agreed.

Dominos, healbot, power auras, move anything, and titan bar isn't bad unless your want a really clean cut look.

Quote Originally Posted by deepfriar View Post
    Make your own, all the prepacked ones are crap and shameless plugs to the creator in my exp and others have agreed.

Dominos, healbot, power auras, move anything, and titan bar isn't bad unless your want a really clean cut look.
    I used to think like you, then I found ElvUI everything I had but much sleeker and easier on the memory usage ;3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    In that case, welcome. Here's a complimentary notice informing you that upon asking any suggestions for a full UI package that everyone in this forum is going to rush here and say two things repeatedly even if they've seen someone reply with their own suggestion. However I'm optimistic, so here they are. Here's hoping no one else suggests them.

1) TukUI
    2) ElvUI

Now, as for my own suggestion I'd say neither of those and build your own using some of the following (all are available through the curse client);
    1) Bartender, Dominos or Macaroon for Action Bars.
    2) Anything but X-Perl for unitframes. I know there's a devout following for Shadowed Unit Frames.
    3) You'll probably want Grid + Clique, Healbot or Vuhdo if you ever intend on healing, but you could probably do just as fine without them.
    4) kgPanels for backdrops and artwork.
    5) MoveAnything (thanks to deepfriar for reminding me on that one)

Those are the absolute basics if you want to build something quickly yourself, the benefits of doing so are that you're not going to be limited by what someone else thinks a UI should and should not have, as is the case with virtually every UI package in existence.

Downsides include it not looking as pretty unless you're willing to spend days on perfecting it, and you might end up hating it and redoing it a couple of times before settling on something.

Oh and to answer your question, I don't think you can get it via the curse client.
    I have installed TukUI and im really enjoying it

Have to argue with you on this one. ElvUI is definitely not shameless or crap. Been using it for a good long time and it really makes the UI nice, clean, and effective without burning a ton of memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    post an image of tukUI, id like to see it for myself to see how busy it looks
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Premade is always a compromise and what the author of it decides a UI should have in functionality, not what you want.
    If you have to adjust or get used to a UI then it is not doing its job.
    As much as some of you praise whichever TukUI edit or similar as the best thing since sliced bread there are still substantial numbers of players who replace significant parts with other addons, particularly the unitframes (even with xperl), the raid frames, adding combat text (often an unconfigured msbt), and monitors such as class timers/powerauras.
    The UI in its default state does not suit that many users as is, and therefore is not something I could ever advise as a functional UI for a given role or class because you are you, and what they like is not decided or influenced by you.
    If you want something that looks neat or pretty then sure go ahead with it, but just bear that in mind when you find something you just need to change because it doesn't suit you.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Premade is always a compromise and what the author of it decides a UI should have in functionality, not what you want. If you have to adjust or get used to a UI then it is not doing its job.
    Sorry but I completely and 100% disagree with this. TukUI/ElvUI (I prefer the latter) is amazing. Especially all the help you can get modifying the smallest tweaks on their forums.

TukUI

ElvUI

They look pretty much the same but it's really all the smaller things rather than the big picture that makes them different.
    Last edited by VooDooShuffle; 2011-05-05 at 09:03 AM.

Deleted
    If you have basic knowledge of how to mess with a UI, a premade can be tailored to your needs, I currently use LUI but after looking at the screenshots of Tukui I may be changing this weekend!

Deleted
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...011092407.jpg/

Is this something that might work for you? It's very clean, uses a little amount of memory and is easily configurable.
    I use it for PvP Retri purposes but it fits in PvE environments aswell.

elvui all the wayyyyyyyyyy

Deleted
    you start using ElvUi, you never go back!

I'd call you an idiot but since you claimed people actually agreed with the idiocy that you just stated, I suppose that'd be bad prioritizing since the fools who followed a fool are indeed the most foolish.

There's nothing wrong with building your own UI especially if you want to put a ton of work into it, but to blatantly state that Elv22's work is 'crap' is utter bullshit. It's updated extremely frequently, runs bug free, takes up very little memory, and is extremely inclusive.

To the OP, my recommendation is to download ElvUI from github, go through the config menu and adjust things to your liking, and disable parts of the UI and fill them with something else to your preference. (For example, I hate the cast/action bars as well as the classtimers in ElvUI, so I disabled them and got standalone addons like shadowed unit frames and bartender. I ended up disabling a few features and downloading my own addons to make a UI perfect for me)

Started with addons as everyone.

Found that i don't need at least 80% of the things addons do, so looked at complete minimalistic packages.

Found tukui, used it, learned lua.

Done my UI by myself. Now i'm satisfied

ElvUI..all the way..I had to tweak a couple of things to my liking, but overall, i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDooShuffle View Post
    Sorry but I completely and 100% disagree with this. TukUI/ElvUI (I prefer the latter) is amazing. Especially all the help you can get modifying the smallest tweaks on their forums.

They look pretty much the same but it's really all the smaller things rather than the big picture that makes them different.
    The fact that you have shown two different edits of the UI, and that fact that there are multiple edits available proves my point.
    Each author had significantly different ideas about what they wanted from a UI.
    In order to get the UI "you" want, you have to edit or "tweak" it.
    You select the edit that comes closest to what you want, and if you have the capability to do so you tweak it with or without help to produce something near what you want.
    Unless you learn lua and produce thing which work exactly the way you want it will always be a compromise and someone else's idea of how x class or role works, not yours. How they play not you.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The fact that you have shown two different edits of the UI, and that fact that there are multiple edits available proves my point.
    Each author had significantly different ideas about what they wanted from a UI.
    In order to get the UI "you" want, you have to edit or "tweak" it.
    You select the edit that comes closest to what you want, and if you have the capability to do so you tweak it with or without help to produce something near what you want.
    Unless you learn lua and produce thing which work exactly the way you want it will always be a compromise and someone else's idea of how x class or role works, not yours. How they play not you.
    Here is what I've got to say about this. To use ElvUI is very little "Compromise". You can either enable or disable EVERYTHING. You can resize, recolor, use a different font for it all, and move everything.

Since you can disable everything, you can have just the parts you like enabled, and get a different addon. ElvUI is compatible with just about everything. it is also smaller (file size) than most other individual stand-alone addons. So using the whole thing doesn't hurt you if you only wanted a part of it. Only like the chat frames? Disable everything else and go download Dominos and X-Perl. You didn't compromise anything.

Now, if you're saying the default, sure, it isn't for everyone, but regardless of what addon you get, you will always have to move, resize, edit it in-game just like ElvUI to get it the way you want it.