Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetak View Post
    Mysticx: You are wrong. Why are scroll prizes so low? Because everyone has his own material and nobody is buying complete enchants from AH becaouse it cost more than if they bring own mats(or buy it raw on ah) to enchanter to make an enchant. It is simply. There are lot of enchant scrolls on AH but nobody wants them until the prize will be equal to raw material, ppl thinks more economicaly then in past.
    Again the enchanters' own doing, standing around SW shouting "Will pay for skill-ups" (or something to that effect), almost every day i see somebody do that, gee, where did the margin on enchants go?

And again, profit is supposed to go on top of mat costs, expensive mats (due to the proposed "mats only for enchanters" idea) will still do nothing against low profit due to "will enchant items for skillups"-people, which isn't the non-enchanters' fault, just another way in which enchanters shoot themselves in the foot...

Hey Guys, can we please not turn this into a debate/rant about Enchanting and LFD? Please keep it on track with the actually discussion about the Ask the Devs. Although I prefer not to have constant arguments about this topic (it never seems to end and if it does, it's because it's a forced ending), if you want to discuss it, make a new thread and take it out of this one.

Love,

Radux

10+ Year Old Account
    So, here are the resuts:

-- lack of RP in archaeology (you just sell the greys)
    **Answered. They plan to add quests, dailies, random events and a museum for them.
    -- dailies for other professions
    ** Answered. They will consider it next time a "large chunk" of recipes are added. To me, that means "next expansion if ever".
    -- crafted wands
    **Answered, in that it is "still on the table".
    -- fun craftables
    **Answered. They want to make more.
    -- T12 goggles
    **Unanswered.
    -- orbs becoming BoE/BoA
    **Answered. They will be unbound in a future patch.
    -- glyph books in Cata
    ** This was the number one most posted question, by the way
    **Answered. All glyphs will be added to "the discovery spells".
    -- archaeology is boring
    -- so is fishing
    **Answered both. Fishing will give higher incentives to fish in pools, which makes it less boring in that it's shorter to level-up. Archaeology will get a bunch of new stuff, see above.
    -- the speed of levelling up gathering materials at low levels
    **Answered, kinda.
    -- archaeology puzzle minigame
    **Answered. They would like to but offer no promises.
    -- epic or orb-using JC BoE's
    **Unanswered.
    -- multi-stage upgradable crafteds like the BC crafted weapons/armor
    **Answered. They like the idea but will not do so for a Best-in-Slot item.
    -- RNG RNG RNG archaeology
    **Answered. They want to allow better focus on a race.
    -- some kind of compensation for LFD disenchanters, such as the ability to use and keep the extras from the guild perk, or else an on/off switch
    **Unanswered.
    -- why do engineers have to explode
    **Unanswered.

Breccia

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Since this turned into an "enchanters' injustice" debate, i'll chime in on it.

All the LFD disenchanting does is lower mat-prices (due to enchanters losing their sharding-monopoly), loss of profit margins is due to enchanters furiously undercutting one another with scrolls on AH, that they do that isn't the fault of non-enchanters, profit isn't strictly dependent on mat-costs, profit is the bit where demand, supply and price-setting come in, and that part is purely the enchanters' work...
    Why should the enchanting that i worked hard on to level up benefit the economy of some other random person's server?

Just saw Radux's post, so more OT:

I was hoping for more questions. There really wasn't much exciting information with this most recent Q&A.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

I hope the archaeology questions addressed in the first questions come soon (like 4.3). It has a lot of potential to be fun, Blizzard needs to get on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakho View Post
    I hope the archaeology questions addressed in the first questions come soon (like 4.3). It has a lot of potential to be fun, Blizzard needs to get on it.
    The way archaeology was released in this expansion, pretty much describes my feelings about the expansion.