Thread: PVP gear in PVE

PVP gear in PVE

I play a SPriest and Mage and cannot tell you how many times I have had a kid in 344 ILvl bitch and moan at me for wearing pvp gear, which often leads to getting kicked.

The simple fact is that if you pull your rotation in 364 Avg ILvl pvp gear and pull the same rotation in 346 Pve gear, you will come out almost exactly the same.

If I pull my 15-16k dps, whats the difference to you. You should be thankful that I already have most of the pvp pieces and won't be needing on yours in BH.

I generally don't care about PVE that much, but being able to switch over to it now and again when pvp gets frustrating/old/boring is nice, and to be so limited by morons that still rely on ilvl is annoying.

TL: DR PVP gear does not = bad dps. Bad players=bad dps, they deserve to be kicked/held from loot, not people in pvp gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooooo many other freaking thread about the same thing. Yes everyone has an opinion, just post it on one friggin thread.

Only difference is a secondary stat is wasted for resilience. Equivalent ilvl PvE gear will pull more, but it's not like the PvP gear will make or break someone's DPS enough to justify a kick.

Oh this thread again, I have only 1 thing to say to you. /CARE!

It comes down to this: while skill is the most determining factor, gear does matter. A lot. PVP gear is not the end of the world. As you say, with full 364 gear, your dps will be good. And you seem to be doing quite well considering that. But PVP gear of the same or even slightly better level will NOT match PVE gear. As you pointed out, it takes gear of MUCH better PVP level to even match PVE level gear in dps.

You are right though, that people shouldn't complain if you are pulling your weight. But most people you seeing in pvp gear running around in PVE do not, at least in my experience.
    I've played a balance druid and an arms warrior since the release of Vanilla WoW, simply because they are fun and I like the play styles. Enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by valstriker View Post
    I play a SPriest and Mage and cannot tell you how many times I have had a kid in 344 ILvl bitch and moan at me for wearing pvp gear, which often leads to getting kicked.

The simple fact is that if you pull your rotation in 364 Avg ILvl pvp gear and pull the same rotation in 346 Pve gear, you will come out almost exactly the same.

If I pull my 15-16k dps, whats the difference to you. You should be thankful that I already have most of the pvp pieces and won't be needing on yours in BH.

I generally don't care about PVE that much, but being able to switch over to it now and again when pvp gets frustrating/old/boring is nice, and to be so limited by morons that still rely on ilvl is annoying.

TL: DR PVP gear does not = bad dps. Bad players=bad dps, they deserve to be kicked/held from loot, not people in pvp gear.
    I always kick just on principle. If i need pvp gear(resi) to do well in pvp and have to grind to get my pvp gear, then pvp players also have to grind pve to get pve gears. don't care whether u r good as paragon, dps can be replaced easily and one dps is just as good as another. theres no special "skill" that separated you from other pve dpsers.

Other than the fact that most kids in heroic blues couldnt pull 16k dps with a 10 minute blood lust...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    I always kick just on principle. If i need pvp gear(resi) to do well in pvp and have to grind to get my pvp gear, then pvp players also have to grind pve to get pve gears. don't care whether u r good as paragon, dps can be replaced easily and one dps is just as good as another. theres no special "skill" that separated you from other pve dpsers.
    You kick people on principle? What are you God?! bloody hell, if Player A in full Heroic t11 somehow pulls all the trash, disregards cc, badmouths people and still pulls rubbish dps - are you really saying you would prefer him to the mature pvper who can actually play the game abiding by all the protocals set by the tank and healer? You need to open your eyes.

The simple fact is that a lot of primarily pve players will do a bit of arena to get some of the high level pvp items as they may not have time to farm all the dungeons and dailies for the required rep, People have lives outside of this game you know... then again maybe you dont.

Why do you think they are in the dungeon in the first place? Maybe they are trying to gear up.. actually no, that would be stupid wouldn't it. How about you grow up a bit and stop being that stereotypical 'up his own arse' player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its only a problem when the tank or healer has pvp gear imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeezus View Post
    You kick people on principle? What are you God?! bloody hell, if Player A in full Heroic t11 somehow pulls all the trash, disregards cc, badmouths people and still pulls rubbish dps - are you really saying you would prefer him to the mature pvper who can actually play the game abiding by all the protocals set by the tank and healer? You need to open your eyes.

The simple fact is that a lot of primarily pve players will do a bit of arena to get some of the high level pvp items as they may not have time to farm all the dungeons and dailies for the required rep, People have lives outside of this game you know... then again maybe you dont.

Why do you think they are in the dungeon in the first place? Maybe they are trying to gear up.. actually no, that would be stupid wouldn't it. How about you grow up a bit and stop being that stereotypical 'up his own arse' player.
    Its not always you get a stereotypical bad player. if i get them, i will kick them. the time argument is very old, everytime a pver put it up when asking for easy honor grind gear, pvp people always say they have to earn the gear by grinding.
    and also you gear up in normals, not in heroics. at this point i don't care whether pvp or pve gear in heroics, but i will kick in the new instances which is not nerfed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabuks View Post
    Its only a problem when the tank or healer has pvp gear imo.
    this ^

but anyways if a pvp geared player does what he should on the dps im okay if they dont i kick them.

if the healer or the tank is pvp geared i kick them instantly and its getting real annoying to see a blue geared EJ guy in blue/epic pvp gear healer/tank in the new instances and all they say is "just want to see the content" OMFG. get some pvE gear ppl you always say pvp is harder than pve...

15+ Year Old Account
    <obligatory comment about PvE ruining PvP>

<insert response from someone else saying PvP ruined PvE>

<insert response indicating we should all quit WoW due to conspiracy theory (a)>

<insert another response trying to mitigate the matter rationally, but end up being ignored>

<insert final argument flaming everyone and calling them bad>

<thread gets locked>

That's the narration of every one of these threads in short. Please use the search function to find similar topics and post opinions there. There doesn't need to be 10+ threads all having the same discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by valstriker View Post
    so if you can do as much dps as someone with lower level gear you think you are doing it right?
    pve in pvp gear is just like pvp in pve gear, you can do it and higher ilevel will make you as good as someone with lower level gear, but just because you can do it doesn't mean that you should.
    if you want to pve get pve gear.