Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

The message you have entered is too short.

Okay I am tired of people just saying 1 word and then just saying "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters." Or just putting like "the message was short" the main reason you have that is because it makes people provide postive information and feedback instead of one to 3 or 4 word that a waste of time for the people that are reading it and for the person who wrote it.Please make a rule for people who just put a few words then put "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters." and infraction them.Their is already a rule on worded subjects why can their not be a word on one worded post?
    Choose a suitable and clear subject line for your thread, no one-word subjects
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Report them for spam. That's pretty much what the Report button is for. If you are not bothering to report them, then you must not really care that much about it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Report them for spam. That's pretty much what the Report button is for.
    This. Report it and it will be taken care of. And just because they aren't banned or have a mod edit doesn't mean they weren't infracted =]

Deleted
    report.
    this message is to small.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok
    "The message you en..." Just kidding. It sure is annoying to have people saying one word and then doing that. I, however, post mostly in the fun stuff forums and there it's really annoying that you have to have atleast 10 chars. As it's just for fun, you don't need to have feedback on something someone said. But I guess it's not possible to remove that min-10-chars-in-a-post-requirement for the fun stuff forums?
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

I'm less annoyed that they reply with one word responses (assuming, of course, those answers are legitimate and constructive) than I am with people entering "The message you have entered is too short" to make up for it. It detracts from the post.

What people SHOULD be doing when responding with short answers is to follow it up with something shorter, so it doesn't detract.

Let's say someone asked if you liked puppies. I think the best response would be something like:

Yes
    10 chars

Rather than:

Yes "The message you have entered is too short"

See which one's clearer?

Quote Originally Posted by Valdearg View Post
    I'm less annoyed that they reply with one word responses (assuming, of course, those answers are legitimate and constructive) than I am with people entering "The message you have entered is too short" to make up for it. It detracts from the post.

What people SHOULD be doing when responding with short answers is to follow it up with something shorter, so it doesn't detract.

Let's say someone asked if you liked puppies. I think the best response would be something like:

Yes
    10 chars

Rather than:

Yes "The message you have entered is too short"

See which one's clearer?
    Or they could say "Yes, I do like puppies." and not have to make pointless spam to fill in the rest of their post.

It really isn't difficult to write a single sentence. There's no need for people to figure out ways to get around the character limit when they can just write something that actually contributes a little bit.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Doesn't bother me, and why does this forum only allow you a certain amount of letters per post anyway? People get around it by doing what you made this thread about in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet View Post
    Doesn't bother me, and why does this forum only allow you a certain amount of letters per post anyway? People get around it by doing what you made this thread about in the first place.
    To prevent pointless spam posts of quoting someone else and saying "This", which do absolutely nothing other than take up space on the forums and push up peoples post counts. If people are not able to commit to an original thought they shouldn't be posting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hermedes View Post
    report.
    this message is to small.
    Bwahahahah! this shows exactly what the problem with the "atleast 10 characters" system is.

Somtimes, less is more, even when it comes to words.

No seriously, not everything needs 10 words atleast, to be worthy as a "contribution".

10+ Year Old Account
    But what if the post is clearly a yes or no question, no additional details necessary?

Or, for example, a thread the other day asking if you prefer Crunchy or Creamy peanut butter. I had to add in extra words just to be able to post that I enjoy Creamy more.

Sometimes, saying "10chars" is really the only way to get a post through without adding useless, superfluous information.

EDIT: As someone above me so wisely stated: "Less is more."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    But what if the post is clearly a yes or no question, no additional details necessary?

Or, for example, a thread the other day asking if you prefer Crunchy or Creamy peanut butter. I had to add in extra words just to be able to post that I enjoy Creamy more.
    Exactly why I moved it to the Fun Stuff forum where spam isn't an issue and post counts are disabled

Sometimes, saying "10chars" is really the only way to get a post through without adding useless, superfluous information.

"Crunchy Peanut Butter."
    "I prefer Smooth."
    "I like Smooth Peanut Butter."
    "Smooth is my favourite."

or taking directly from your quote:
    "I enjoy Creamy more."

It is not difficult to type out a sentence with ten letters in it. I'm not even sure how that is considered an excuse. Ten letters should not be a big issue to be able to type out.

Also, how can you say that adding in useless, superfluous information like "10chars" is better than adding in "useless, superfluous information" like actual words?

I can agree that in simply fun topics where one word answers work, it can be restrictive, but you could always just make a poll for that, or as Fuzzzie showed, post it in one of the forums where they don't have the restriction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even for an opinion like "do you like puppies" or "crunchy vs. creamy", there's almost always some interesting reason behind it.

"Yes, because they're so cute."

"Crunchy, because it seems more natural / I enjoy the texture."

There are always cases where it makes sense to post something shorter, but in the majority of the cases, we want someone to think twice if the post is that short.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Exactly why I moved it to the Fun Stuff forum where spam isn't an issue and post counts are disabled
    I always thought post counts were to remind people of how much time they wasted spamming. Why disable it in a spam forum?
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

15+ Year Old Account

Most post not only ask if you would like crunchy or creamy peanut but ask why you like one over the other.So it would be,"I like creamy because it is smooth in my mouth".Or "I like crunchy/nutty peanut better because it gives it more of a real taste".
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    No

"Crunchy Peanut Butter."
    "I prefer Smooth."

"I enjoy Creamy more."

It is not difficult to type out a sentence with ten letters in it. I'm not even sure how that is considered an excuse. Ten letters should not be a big issue to be able to type out.

Also, how can you say that adding in useless, superfluous information like "10chars" is better than adding in "useless, superfluous information" like actual words?

I can agree that in simply fun topics where one word answers work, it can be restrictive, but you could always just make a poll for that, or as Fuzzzie showed, post it in one of the forums where they don't have the restriction.
    I'm the kind of person who likes to add description and explanation to my posts, but I can't fault people who don't. Sometimes short and sweet is the way to do it, and adding superfluous words just to convey the same message as a one word response is kind of stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Crunchy Peanut Butter."
    "I prefer Smooth."

"I enjoy Creamy more."

Sometimes, I suppose, I would just prefer to simply answer in one word. But I must concede to your points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

15+ Year Old Account
    And for simple post for if you like this over that you can just make a poll and people who want to describe why they choose their answer.But simply saying that I like I like smooth peanut better when you already voted in the poll is just a waste of time.