Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warod View Post
    I always thought post counts were to remind people of how much time they wasted spamming. Why disable it in a spam forum?
    It's not a spam forum

By nature a lot of the posts don't lead to discussions. It's usually a person typing a few words for a reply and never going back to the thread. We go easy on the spam rules there for that reason. Therefore disabling post counts helps guard against people spamming to boost their post count for whatever reason. That's how I understand it and it's been working pretty well since December.

Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    Sometimes, I suppose, I would just prefer to simply answer in one word. But I must concede to your points.
    I have to admit sometimes short answers are better. This actually reminds me of that Ernest Hemingway short story. He said that it was the best story he had ever written, even though it was only six words long. The entire story is:

"For sale: baby shoes, never worn."

However on the forums, a little more description makes for a more interesting read most of the time, and it does prevent spam caused by people quoting other posters and adding nothing apart from "this". There was a post on the forums a while ago about what scares you, for example. The posts where people listed *why* they were scared of their choice were a lot more interesting than one word answers.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-05-04 at 10:45 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Sometimes I refrain from posting when I dont have better things to say than 'yes' or 'no'.

what. the. fuck. is wrong with saying only 1 or 2 words. It can be just as constructive as a long post. And i find it ironic that you say its a waste of time to read them.. How long does it take to read 1 word? 1/4 second? Id rather read that than a long broing useless post. Thats takes me 2 min to read. Im not gonna sit here all day. this is not school. Id rather not waste my time writing my posts as detailed as possible as you need to do when you're writing an exam.

15+ Year Old Account
    Calm down.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do u want me to do? Dress up into a mini skirt and dance hula hula?

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post
    What do u want me to do? Dress up into a mini skirt and dance hula hula?
    Only if you're going to film it and put it on MMO-Champ
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Okay I am tired of people just saying 1 word and then just saying "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters." Or just putting like "the message was short" the main reason you have that is because it makes people provide postive information and feedback instead of one to 3 or 4 word that a waste of time for the people that are reading it and for the person who wrote it.Please make a rule for people who just put a few words then put "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters." and infraction them.Their is already a rule on worded subjects why can their not be a word on one worded post?
    I think it depends on the topic. Let's just say it's pancakes or waffles. The correct answer is "Waffles 10CHAR"
    Sometimes it's okay, most of the time it isn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really, it's just 10 characters. That includes spaces and punctuation. Most two-word answers fit, and even some one-word answers fit.

Yes, I'm sure you can come up with random topics that require one word shorter than ten characters as an answer... but they're few and far between, so for the majority of the forum, this works quite well.

In those rare cases, I'm sure you can deal with it. You can always prefer "Pancakes!!", which fits quite fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    Only if you're going to film it and put it on MMO-Champ
    Just putting it out there .... I'm a dude ....

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Quote Originally Posted by 5648945621 View Post
    what. the. fuck. is wrong with saying only 1 or 2 words. It can be just as constructive as a long post. And i find it ironic that you say its a waste of time to read them.. How long does it take to read 1 word? 1/4 second? Id rather read that than a long broing useless post. Thats takes me 2 min to read. Im not gonna sit here all day. this is not school. Id rather not waste my time writing my posts as detailed as possible as you need to do when you're writing an exam.
    I very much doubt it would take a huge amount of effort or several minutes to read through a response ten letters long...
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing this, since we have people trying to derail it and there's not really much to discuss in the first place.

See my previous message.