Thread: Gaming PC

Deleted

Gaming PC

Could
    http://www.arbico.co.uk/Arbico-Pheno...ing-PC-p-.html
    Run wow on high/ultra with 30fps+ raiding + upcoming games such as brink and diablo 3 etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moving to the computer forums.

Deleted
    doubt it if u'll have shadows on Ultra, without shadows y it should pop 40fps in 25man raid^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I would consider upgrading the video card to achieve the performance you're looking for.
    Being a 'casual' is not an excuse to be ignorant or bad at the game, so please quit associating one with the other.

It could run WoW on Ultra with shadows turned off at 1680x1050 nicely, but at any higher resolution? No, not really. It'd do well, though. Might want to get another fan for intake to facilitate airflow, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just got a Cyberpower PC. It was around $850.00 with a AMD 6 core. It runs WoW well. I almost never have less than 60fps even in some raids. They have lots of options to build your own including liquid cooling. Take a look at what they have to offer. They took some time getting it to me but not any longer than the estimated shipping date. When they say 2-3 weeks they meant it.

Deleted
    what video card do you recommend. Is the ATI HD 5770 1GB any better?

With the computer you initially linked, the 5770 is the superior choice as I doubt that GTS450 is the ASUS version, so definitely the 5770.

Get a 460 if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    Get a 460 if you can.
    Only options for the pre-built are a 5770 and GTS450. Really wouldn't be worth it to get the 5770 with it then immediately replace it with a GTX460, too much money spent for a little bit of gain.

Depending on the resolution, I'd say 1280x1024 and everything on Very High/Ultra will run just great. Oh I have (more or less) the same configuration and It runs WoW smoothly with 75 fps without shadows on Ultra.

Deleted
    and for gods sake, buy an additional cpu fan, the 955 fan is louder than a boeing 747 10 meters away from you

my comp is verry close to that one, though i have a fair amount more ram, and i run ~70fps in a 25 man raid with everything ultra except shadows and those are on high. i do have a mild overclock on the cpu gpu and ram though.