Deleted

Flaw or not? ZG first boss

So, again I got into a pug group who find the first boss too hard. We tried him twice without getting past the first bloodvenom.
    Then I suggested to switch from dps to tank because I can solo him. They happily agreed this would be best.
    I then just changed into blood specc /gear and after the others died I soloed the boss from 80%.
    I think this boss needs a change as the other bosses were no problem for the rest of the group.
    What do you guys think, should it be encouraged to solo a boss while 4 other members wait because they find it too hard?

On a side note, did there change anything in threat from 2h frost?

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had any issues with this boss - I'm a healer, and find this boss to be easier than jindo, panther, and zanzil.

Deleted
    Really isn't that hard, spread out for link, don't stand in bad stuff and if you run from one side of the area on bloodvenom to the other you wont be hit by it.

Need a decent healer for links but other than that it isn't much of a problem.

Tbh, if they find it too hard they shouldn't even be doing such instances... Blizzard shouldn't have to nerf something because people are to stupid to not stand in crap on the floor and spread out. :/

If anything, there should be more one-shot abilities.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-05-04 at 10:40 PM.

I like it, It's really not that difficult since there are really 2 main mechanics, 1 being a maze that never changes, and 2 being a frontal cone that everybody including the tank can step away from. I also have most groups completely die and I'm left solo tanking or me and 1 dps or the healer end up finishing the fight (blood DK).

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    I haven't had any issues with this boss - I'm a healer, and find this boss to be easier than jindo, panther, and zanzil.
    This boss is extremely easy to heal. The problem is for the dps. Often I end up losing dps very early on, and the tank and I two-manning it the rest of the way. I've had a couple 10+ minute fights of just the tank and I. It's kind of ridiculous tbh, but it's primarily from people not knowing mechanics or not paying attention, not that the boss is too hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only issue with him is that if you zoom out too much you can't see the maze of green poo. :c

Deleted
    From a healers pov, I think he should hit a lot harder on the tank. Imo bosses of the current level should not be soloable no matter what class, how geared or how skilled you are. A pve boss should always require a healer, just as it should require a tank and good DPS (enrage). :P

I haven't wiped once on this boss, because I always keep tank alive and let DPS die if they screw up. And with the little ammount of dmg in that fight (with only me + tank alive) I can heal forever and I think I've 2manned him 5 times now.

Jin'do is hardest, DPS really don't understand they're suppose to kill shades. Rest of the fights in ZG is easy, panther was actually the one I've found easiest.

All my pugs faceroll this boss no problem, moving away from poison really isn't that challenging.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, this boss should not be nerfed. The reason it is so easy to solo as a Blood DK ( I have done it before, whole group died in like 10 seconds) is because of two reason in particular: 1. He no longer casts Toxic Link. He will not ever cast it on that tank, and this is what kills a lot of people with slower reaction times. 2. You can stay out of stuff. Of all the abilities he does, only Whispers of Hethiss is unavoidable group dmg, and even that can be interrupted. So if your group is bad at staying out of green stuff, they will die, whereas if you can avoid the shiny green slime, the fight becomes very easy. So, with a skilled group and a good tank, you really wouldn't even need a healer. As long as the tank stays alive, and the group interrupts and watches their footing, you will win.

Both ZG and ZA are extremely forgiving, snake boss is no exception to that. Haven't had any problems with it in a pug. Panther is easily the hardest one to do with a pug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    If anything, there should be more one-shot abilities.
    Agreed. Blizzard needs to make it so that people realize there are some things they won't be capable of. That way the better players can have a challenge apart from needing 9 other people at least to get any fun out of the game.

Haven't had any trouble with snake boss yet, I even got his achievement at my very first try without even knowing it exists. The only thing I noticed is that DPS likes to die at bloodvenom, thats all.