Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    wariors burst can be 'dispelled' a similar way to a ret pally, shiv etc removes enrage purge/spellsteal removes wings.

anything but a warlock.
    rogues mages and warriors can down you pretty fast if your not paying attention.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Bm hunters, MM hunters, and locks. Sadly burst isn't that useful anymore.
    are we playing the same game?
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    are we playing the same game?
    Hunters have the potential to do burst:
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=184973

He opens up with 50K in 1 global.

I kind of like the burst I can do on mages with my hunter. But thats just on one class out of 10 :P
    Sdance with my rogue is pretty insane sometimes, esp with unheeded proc+on use vicious trinket.
    Ret Paladins when you can't dispell their shit is crazy.
    Warriors can really mess you up as well, only class i'm feeling really vulnerable against as a rogue because they can dish out some sick damage in a charge+throw down if you dont have trinket up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    Hunters have the potential to do burst:
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=184973

He opens up with 50K in 1 global.
    Yeah and then he's out of focus and need to do insane 3k steady shot crits to get back focus to trap the druid so the warrior kills the opponents team warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by mööh View Post
    Yeah and then he's out of focus and need to do insane 3k steady shot crits to get back focus to trap the druid so the warrior kills the opponents team warrior.
    Yeah it's called teamplay. Hunters bring a lot into a KFC.

Quote Originally Posted by mööh View Post
    I was just saying that they can do burst, I'm sorry but 50k in 1 global is burst. Sure it's not steady, but that's why it's called burst and not sustained damage.

I wasn't saying they do the most burst in the game, either. Just that they can do it, even if it's a short amount of it. Nice try, though.
    Last edited by xBreak; 2011-05-05 at 12:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Ret paladin, assasination rogue, boomkin, fire mage, feral drOOd and shadow priest
    Assassination rogue? Sustained damage sure, but burst?

I guess if thats your opinion...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret can do decent burst with all their cool downs blown, sadly that's all the spec really brings to arena anymore & it can be dispelled by any mage, hunter, shaman, priest (or felhunter or prot warrior).

Now if you want strong burst that is hard to counter along with other reasons to bring you I'd go for either a sub rogue, if played right with appropriate use of cool downs your unbeatable due to great burst, strong defenses, strong cc, strong mobility & great control. And as a plus your very unlikely to have your specs abilities destroyed because of idiotic designers who just don't know WTF they want you to be.

Frost mages also work well except they have a bit less burst wise & allot more control wise.
    Last edited by zcks; 2011-05-05 at 12:39 PM.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

frost mage burst is overrated IMO. only when you get a string of proc's and everything crits, but a lot of times you're not doing the damage of some other classes it feels like. Arcane does better by just spamming Arcane Blast endlessly, even without AP. but they did get buffed and i haven't played Frost since the patch so who knows. i just know i switched because my damage was pathetic against high resil targets, mostly healers, where as with Arcane i'm getting like 25k+ AB crits with some regularity. I think melee's have the best burst in the game currently generally speaking, in fact they're pretty spoiled right now with heals, burst, damage, survivability...Rets can drop hp's fast, so can geared rogues, warriors, geared dk's, etc. I don't know but a lot of stuff seems a HUGE chore to bring down as a frost mage these days where there is so much work for the measly damage sometimes compared to other classes/specs(talking about vs high resil targets)
    Last edited by Spurmwhale; 2011-05-05 at 04:13 PM.

Deleted
    If most of you guys actually read the first post you'd know that the OP wants such a class in a 3V3 ARENA, so he's talking about PvP. Stop talking about your 40k crits against NPCs and give a valid opinion on PvP.

If you can keep people in 1 place for a Ret Pally, they're dead.

Deleted
    Arcane Mage
    with cd up I (low gear pvp 360 item level) 55k no-crit on dummy every 1.48 sec without warp

/thread closed

Frost DK :<

I would say you need a rogue. Burst is not everything, and if you guys are going 3dps with the goal of just blowing one person up early you are going to need some control in order to do that, otherwise you will just get peeled to no end and die. Rogue brings you a ton of control, double smoke bomb is huge, blind is huge, sap is huge, 70% snare is huge. Redirect 6 second stun is huge. On top of that they can burst every minute or so and help reset when needed. Very strong for a fros DK to be paired with. You won't be able to put damage into a target that is in a smokebomb, but while the DK and rogue are coordinate killing one person (probably pretty easily) your job is to control the other two players which would be better done as frost. Sheep, deep freeze, ring of frost, nova, etc. Arcane brings nothing but damage really that doesn't work well with two melee. You could also try to get a sustained pressure class like a boomkin, lock, or shadow priest and have them blanket all three players and then have the mage and DK beat on one person and then do a hard switch on a low life player which will probably get a kill. I have played some sick teams like that and it was really hard to play since you were defensive the whole match.

Also, don't expect to get above 1900 or so as 3dps, after that gear and skill starts to control you pretty easily barring some RNG fun.

As few ppl alredy pointed out,
    RET paladin.
    It is atm the moment top burst'er in wow.
    The problem is, it's not easy to execute ret burst in full potencial, and most classes can counter it more or less.
    Tbh, i would go with something else

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuiiuo View Post
    Arcane Mage
    with cd up I (low gear pvp 360 item level) 55k no-crit on dummy every 1.48 sec without warp

/thread closed
    dummy is not pvp, also you would be oom in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    right class, but wrong spec

the class/spec with the most POTENTIAL burst is firemage, hands down
    if they get all crits, they can chain instant pyros, (plus ignite, plus huge combustion burn) and NOONE can outburst that

ive personally had a chain of 6, while chasing a EFC in WSG
    scorch, pyro! x6
    pyro crit + next scorch crit == next instapyro
    all while on the run
    is very very ridiculous

however, that is highly rare event, and given how much the RNG gods hate my mage....

i would have to say either warr or ret pally, for on demand burst
    Even thos the burst of a firemage isnt bad, it is NOTHIGN compared to warlocks or arcane mages, really.
    But still i would never tell you a caster class when asking for burst. Since they only got burst if left alone, beeing able to plough through their rotation. Unless you CC a rogue or a DK or a warrior you cant stop them from bursting, while you can stop casters from bursting without ccing them.

You dont even need to kick or counter them, just attack them, and see how spellpushback really messes up caster burst.

For Frost mages, well, why do you think mages in rated BG´s are not supposed to do damage but CC only? Would you do that to the guy with a really huge DMG potential?
    Last edited by ripponesan; 2011-05-06 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgard View Post
    As few ppl alredy pointed out,
    RET paladin.
    It is atm the moment top burst'er in wow.
    The problem is, it's not easy to execute ret burst in full potencial, and most classes can counter it more or less.
    Tbh, i would go with something else
    Ret, hands down, but your wings is most likely going to get dispelled in 2 sec lol.

I would go with warrior or Frost DKs.

Well, there's potential burst (what a spec is capable of doing) and actual burst (what the nature of PVP combat ALLOWS them to do). In terms of potential burst I would say arcane mage. In terms of actual burst DKs, Ret pallies and Rogues. In other words - melee.