Wierd threat issues in BWD

several times tonight ive had problems with nef going on a murderous rampage throughout the raid even though i have by fay the highest threat he just starts going after whoever he wants and also on maloriak adds no matter how many times i taunt and attack them they just keep killing healers and dps has anyone else had these problems?it isnt happening every time but enough to cause alot of unwanted wipes.

Which maloriak adds? They are immune to taunts, if you are referring to the adds that fixate. There are two of these, and they spawn when maloriak reaches.. 20% hp i believe.

Nef i can't say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarkeld View Post
    Which maloriak adds? They are immune to taunts, if you are referring to the adds that fixate. There are two of these, and they spawn when maloriak reaches.. 20% hp i believe.

Nef i can't say.
    ya sorry it is the big adds and i know i cant taunt them but i had such a huge threat lead over the healer 1 of them was going after that it just shouldnt have been going after him at least ive never experienced this before and i tank it every week without problems except tonight that is and it was the exact same thing with nef happened 3 times on him

Hey,

There is a bug on those adds, something crazy is happening. They will repeatedly fixate on random targets in their melee range. You have to keep them away from the rest of the raid and make sure no-one gets near them. If a priest can life-grip or if they can otherwise burst speed out of melee range leaving you the only valid target, you'll have no problems. It was insane, they would even turn and kill every single bloodworm that spawned, and when a healer somehow got clipped by the slam and bounced over to beside where I was tanking them, one add immediately turned, fixated, and started following their character away from me. No idea what's happening with it.

Hope that helps.

I had similar issues with ony on heroic, after a breath she seemed to drop threat. Dunno, maybe just a server bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    One more useful piece of information I got out of this thread is that I can change my vent phonetic from Carlos' Spicy Wiener to Longrod Vonhugendong. I can think of no name that would bring a raid leader more respect.

The melee-range aggro on the fixating adds on Maloriak is definitely a consistent issue; we had it on our heroic kill tonight, and couldn't pinpoint it until our holy paladin ran through the tank to avoid a frost bomb and took an add with him. As has been said, just offtank them far off from the raid and you should be fine.

As for Nef, do you use levitate or slow fall on your raid when dropping into the arena to avoid fall damage? If you do, make sure everyone clicks it off because it really screws with threat; it probably has something to do with the wonky terrain where you fight them. Our Nef tank never bothered clicking it off because he typically took damage and lost the effect early enough for it not to matter, but it popped up last week and got his healer killed. If its not levitate causing it, I'm not sure what else it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by IloratB2 View Post
    The melee-range aggro on the fixating adds on Maloriak is definitely a consistent issue; we had it on our heroic kill tonight, and couldn't pinpoint it until our holy paladin ran through the tank to avoid a frost bomb and took an add with him. As has been said, just offtank them far off from the raid and you should be fine.

As for Nef, do you use levitate or slow fall on your raid when dropping into the arena to avoid fall damage? If you do, make sure everyone clicks it off because it really screws with threat; it probably has something to do with the wonky terrain where you fight them. Our Nef tank never bothered clicking it off because he typically took damage and lost the effect early enough for it not to matter, but it popped up last week and got his healer killed. If its not levitate causing it, I'm not sure what else it would be.
    thank you for the tip we do use levitate on everyone before jumping down

You may want to consider using a glyphed path of frost on your DKs (if any). That way you can prevent fall damage without levitate issues, although I'm not sure how well it would work midfight...

Deleted
    path of frost is fine. that's what we do

If you charge in instantly and start doing your thing with shieldwall up you can build up nicely and then start running around with them, but eventually eighter a druid or shaman will go over and tag them and theres nothing you can do about it before they die. Nefarians adds work in a similar way, they kind of fixate on the first target that engages them and gives them a boost.

When a shaman drops that new ridiculous totem its like hes shooting at the adds with a tank of nuclear doom, man its sooo annoying..

Same thing happened with us this week, except it was ony not nef.

We would pull ony back to the wall, tank would be wayyy ahead of everyone on threat, and he would swipe and kill whoever he wanted, taunts did nothing.

Our tank ended up thinking he was too far against the wall causing him to evade bug and go to someone else, but moving further didn't seem to help. We ended up having to hope he didn't kill anyone important in p1 and just used our brez and burned him down before he could do it again.

It is not bugged, Maloriaks big adds fixate to the closest person around them every few seconds or so. You have to take them to a corner

Quote Originally Posted by hoofton View Post
    It is not bugged, Maloriaks big adds fixate to the closest person around them every few seconds or so. You have to take them to a corner
    This, I believe it's every 10-15seconds.