Thread: execute phase

execute phase

I recently just respecced to affliction and was reading through the talents. Does affliction have an execute spell? I've been demonology for quite some time so i'm use to spamming soulfire below 35%. Wasn't it once Drain Soul? I saw a few talents buffing drain life. (including resetting the duration of 2 dots) Should i cast life drain at all or is it just when im low on health and waiting on a haunt to come bak?
    Should i just spam Shadowbolt?

This is for PVE

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that's soul drain

Keep haunt up
    You do not have to worry about anything else since Haunt keeps your corruption + Embrace stack in addition the pandw/e talent refreshes Unstable affliction
    Do not clip
    Bane of doom

Oh and you should probably look into the life drain spec
    Last edited by Resentful; 2011-05-08 at 02:26 AM.

At 25% drain soul does double damage and all dots do 25% more damage
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Ok thanks!!

And what is this "life drain spec" you speak of?

---------- Post added 2011-05-07 at 10:31 PM ----------

Also, am i missing something or is soulburn almost useless for affliction other than for a quick life drain?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but as Demonology you do not gain the Decimation buff until =<25% now instead of 35%. Since 4.0.

It's quite literally just using drain life instead of shadowbolt for filler. DPS is comparable, and quite possibly better than SB, plus you're healing yourself, of course.

Downside is no crit debuff and Shadow Embrace can sometimes fall off because only haunt is keeping it up.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhalseran View Post
    It's quite literally just using drain life instead of shadowbolt for filler. DPS is comparable, and quite possibly better than SB, plus you're healing yourself, of course.

Downside is no crit debuff and Shadow Embrace can sometimes fall off because only haunt is keeping it up.
    In addition

Priest Bug Fixes
    -Mind Flay should no longer lose a tick of damage when the last tick is clipped by another Mind Flay cast.

Bug fix for all channeled spells (aka drain life)
    Latency doesn't affect it anymore as much as it use too

Run tests yourself to get a feel for how each one plays (shadow bolt vs drain life spec).

Also remember you must keep 3 stacks of shadows embrace up on your target when doing the DL spec. If it drops off, your DPS goes down the can cos you have to hard cast shadow bolts that are not talented to be cast faster. If your confident you can do that, even on high movement fights, then DL spec is ok to do, if your not confident or your latency is in the 300+ range stick tot eh Sbolt spec.

Personally I do the shadow bolt spec cos I just don't enjoy watching a channel timer (reason I don't like my spriest) and cos i play on a US server and play from Australia so latency is a pita. Another reason is teh new supposed T12 bonuses data mined rely on Sbolt/incin to proc I think the 4p bonus. Somethignt o keep in mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatgatsby View Post
    Ok thanks!!

And what is this "life drain spec" you speak of?

---------- Post added 2011-05-07 at 10:31 PM ----------

Also, am i missing something or is soulburn almost useless for affliction other than for a quick life drain?
    Soulburn for affliction is used for instant soulfire like the other specs ^^

I personally use my soulburns for utility for aff rather than DPS. Pet swaps, 'oh shit!' moments with healthstones or portals and other creative uses. I also however sometimes just use em on soulfires on farm stuff when I know I'm not going to need them for whatever utility reason.