Thread: Feral T12 bones

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    2piece bonus is incredible. It will be a pretty substantial dps increase. 4pc is hard to tell. But if you set your rotation up right, you'll be able to hit berserk and immediately do your innitial 5pt rip, then build up to a 5 savage roar, then probably get up to a ferocious bite and add 6 seconds or so. That's a pretty good bonus if played right. I'm just not a big fan of bonuses that effect cooldowns. I'd much rather some sort of passive increase or random buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way its not great in my opinion, even in longer HM fights, i may get 3 zerks off. So i have a 20% chance 3x per fight to do 2 extra shreds? And at the expense of using a finisher instead of shredding. You would basically have to go into each zerk with 5cp, FB of the bat and then shred spam, but even then its still blah. The 2 piece will be very nice, but I will be very sad if the 4set makes it to live.

It'd be nice if for once our 4p was crap and we didn't have to wear it. I'm all for that. Obviously a well designed bonus would be welcomed, however I don't expect one.

You don't have to just FB. The 4set is gonna be yet another way to make the rotation even more difficult, but rewarding to people who play it well. Feral seems to be all about skill ceiling. Basically it will reward you for properly using Berserk. Basically every time you Berserk, you should have 5 CP already saved and then pop it and refresh rip or savage roar with it. Then continue your rotation, either refresh the other, or FB to add more time, then so on. Each time you could be adding 6+ seconds to berserk which ends up being another Berserk the length of the fight. It has potential to be a great bonus. Just awkward and really bad for bad players.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    4piece if it goes live as is will be OP for feral dps... Stack haste for faster energy regen, glyph it and almost have it permanently up...
    No. Even with 100% crit and infinite energy you wouldn't be able to keep up it because it's two seconds.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feral 4 Pieces - Your finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point to extend the duration of Berserk by 2 sec and your Barkskin ability grants an additional 10% chance to dodge for 12 sec.

This is how I am reading and looking at this. You are not getting 2 seconds added per combo point if Berserk is active. By reading the text it says you have a certain chance to extend berserk by 2 seconds, each combo points only adds to the chance to extend Berserk. So really it is complete utter garbage, especially for a 4pc bonus on t12 armor. I guess devs dont look much at how kittys do dps. Lets say you are in a fight about to hit the mark where you use Beserk. You are sitting on 5 combo points and blow your Beserk. Lets just say you are sitting at a full energy bar with xx seconds on Rip, xx seconds on Rake, xx seconds on SR but none of the debuffs will fall off in the next 10 seconds ( I plan using Berserk when I have a new/refreshed rip/rake, Savage Roar will not fall off, mangle will not fall off.

This gives me a full energy bar to spam shred ( extending my new rip so I do not have to reapply and waste energy during Berserk ) and only having to refresh rake one time during the duration. So at no point during Berserk and I wasting energy on a finisher because that would be a dps loss as I could use the energy for a shred. I have 2 finishers I can use as I would most likely be unable to refresh rip ( as a more energy efficient/dps ratio way of activating 4 piece with the least amount of dps lost ). I would then need to use Savage Roar or Ferocious Bite. I would be retarded to use Ferocious Bite and drain all my energy to simply give 2 more seconds to Berserk. It would be a hair better to use if I glyphed FB, but that is an even bigger dps loss to glyph it. Now I am left with spending 25 energy to refresh Savage Roar. Not too bad as it is only 25 energy. Then I look at 2 extra seconds on Berserk. I dont see 2 seconds worth blowing 25 energy + a GCD and losing a shred. Most likely the benefit of 2 seconds would give you 1 extra shred which to me at 430 am does not seem like a dps gain. You are losing a shred on using a finisher you do not need to use and gaining the ability to shred 1 more time. ( If it was a guaranteed 2 shreds, it would technically give you 1 extra shred so it could be a dps gain ).

Then you have to look at what new gear is coming out and what the current min/maxing is going to be. Do you think using 4 piece to gain 1 shred from each Berserk is going to pull out ahead of using 2pc and random leather with desirable stats? I dont think 4 piece for kitties is going to be anything near what a 4 piece bonus should give to a class. Now lets say it extended the duration of Berserk by 2 seconds for each combo point on a finisher. You could literally keep up Berserk the entire time you had a way to generate CP ( Especially with stacking haste for it ). I highly doubt they will let us have the ability to roll a Berserk for that long.

I think a better 4 piece bonus that kind of is similar would be.

When you use shred, you have a 5% chance per combo point to gain Berserk for 2 seconds. So this would basically give you a small chance to gain a 2 second long Berserk buff when you use shred. Having no CP would give a 0% 1 CP 5% etc to a maximum 25% chance if you had 5 combo points up. This doesnt make it broken by allowing us to somehow keep it up all the time. Our best chance would be to hold 5 combo points for a 25% chance, thus screwing up rip / sr timers. This gives a pretty nominal chance as you do your dps rotation to get a 2 second long Berserk. I do not think it is too broken. What do yall think?
    Last edited by hugsalotbear; 2011-05-05 at 08:43 AM. Reason: fixing wall of text

I find it highly likely that we should be able to get off 3 finishers in 20 seconds which would be a 30% increase to berserk up time. If there's no limit then each 5 point finisher is a 10% increase in up time. Heck, it might even make hit/expertise slightly more valuable to us.

Myself, I'm drooling over the thought of 40k+ ap mangle/maul crits with the 2 piece especially with berserk popped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnemon View Post
    You don't have to just FB. The 4set is gonna be yet another way to make the rotation even more difficult, but rewarding to people who play it well. Feral seems to be all about skill ceiling. Basically it will reward you for properly using Berserk. Basically every time you Berserk, you should have 5 CP already saved and then pop it and refresh rip or savage roar with it. Then continue your rotation, either refresh the other, or FB to add more time, then so on. Each time you could be adding 6+ seconds to berserk which ends up being another Berserk the length of the fight. It has potential to be a great bonus. Just awkward and really bad for bad players.
    Would TF,berserk,apply Rip Then shred spam. You would not refresh Rip under berserk. No TF boost to the bleed otherwise. With this method even if there wasnt a refresh limit i would imagine it being favourable to drop Berserk to reapply TFed Rip

Looking @ the non-teir on mmo as well seems alot of haste/mastery gear, so ferals will have a better energy regen.

Elemental 2 Pieces - Your offensive spells have a chance to reset the remaining cooldown on your Fire Elemental Totem
    Like the look of this, would love that to be a feral one for berserk. Either Finishing move has x% per CP to reset the remaining cooldown on your Berserk
    Last edited by mmoc421ccedb9d; 2011-05-05 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madkitty View Post
    Would TF,berserk,apply Rip Then shred spam. You would not refresh Rip under berserk. No TF boost to the bleed otherwise. With this method even if there wasnt a refresh limit i would imagine it being favourable to drop Berserk to reapply TFed Rip
    If you pop tiger's fury then berserk, the damage bonus of TF stays. So you'll still get the damage bonus to rip if you do it during berserk as long as it's during that 5 seconds. So you TF, berserk, rip, shred, shred, shred, savage roar or FB, shred shred shred, FB or Savage roar, whichever you didn't do. If you do things right or get lucky with crits, you've just added 6 seconds to berserk. Not too bad to me.

It's all gonna be about managing it perfectly to get the most dps bonus. Bad players will get nothing out of it while good players will get quite a bit. It's gonna be a hassle to manage, but it could be really good.

Deleted
    If you pop tiger's fury then berserk, the damage bonus of TF stays. So you'll still get the damage bonus to rip if you do it during berserk as long as it's during that 5 seconds. So you TF, berserk, rip, shred, shred, shred, savage roar or FB, shred shred shred, FB or Savage roar, whichever you didn't do. If you do things right or get lucky with crits, you've just added 6 seconds to berserk. Not too bad to me.

It's all gonna be about managing it perfectly to get the most dps bonus. Bad players will get nothing out of it while good players will get quite a bit. It's gonna be a hassle to manage, but it could be really good.
    Yeah i know that, the person i quoted
    Basically every time you Berserk, you should have 5 CP already saved and then pop it and refresh rip or savage roar with it
    was stating you would use TF first pre-berserk to apply rip, and shouldnt apply a rip any other time during berserk.

Also ret palas flat 15secs on a 2 min CD, we get 20%/CP to gain 2 seconds on a 3 minute CD..bit imbalanced?

We gotta keep in mind too that feral is definitely due for a bit of an overhaul. We got kind of left out in 4.1 other than improvement to our AoE, but we need a lot more work. 4.2 would be a great time to do that. They've already changed strength to benefit us less and they are now adding a rather strange 4pc bonus, so it would only make sense that changes are on the way to address both of those.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    now here is a new idea:
    what if you would not glyph berserk but instead take SR glyph... so basically you get both glyphs at the same time.. except you have to mess with shred spamming during berserk.. what do you guys think? ^^
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    [Guild][Audinwyrnn]: The fuck was that ?
    [Guild][Bolvar]: Dont worry about it kid

I wouldn't take an overhaul as granted, they've basically ignored us all of the 4.1 PTR despite a huge amount of decent posts and suggestions, there is nothing to say they won't do the same for 4.2 PTR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee View Post
    I find it highly likely that we should be able to get off 3 finishers in 20 seconds which would be a 30% increase to berserk up time. If there's no limit then each 5 point finisher is a 10% increase in up time. Heck, it might even make hit/expertise slightly more valuable to us.

Myself, I'm drooling over the thought of 40k+ ap mangle/maul crits with the 2 piece especially with berserk popped.
    yes this is probely the way the evs are looking it, a 10% incrase on our major cooldown stacking up to 30% is Awsome!

but in reality it not so good

---------- Post added 2011-05-05 at 09:42 AM ----------

If you pop tiger's fury then berserk, the damage bonus of TF stays. So you'll still get the damage bonus to rip if you do it during berserk as long as it's during that 5 seconds.
    Realy, i was meant to believe the TF & Bezerg did not stack as Bezerk clears TF
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Realy, i was meant to believe the TF & Bezerg did not stack as Bezerk clears TF
    they changed that in 4.0?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rethinking this some more I think this.

Most likely the tier will bring us alot more energy regen with haste. This should guarantee us the ability to shred twice in 2 seconds, possibly 3 if our current energy is high enough and we do not miss/dodge an attack. To get the most benefit out if it, you need to have damn good luck that you can reapply rip right when you Berserk ( even better if you didnt clip most of it just to activate the bonus ). Using a glyphed Berserk this will have us at 20-22seconds on Berserk after we apply rip ( assuming we were able to immediately after popping Berserk. Now we are going to shred and most likely reapplying a rake. Most cases we will have another 5 combo points built up with 14-18 seconds left depending on our luck with critting for double CP and how many attacks we do not miss. Missing and non crits would put at the lower side ( 14 secs remaining ) with our best string having us at 18 secs remaining. Now we have a fresh rake, and rip has been extended by shred so it is at full duration as well, and we are sitting on 5 combo points. Savage Roar is either getting low or it fell off during Berserk so far. We apply Savage Roar and we now have 0 combo points and most likely 15-18 seconds left depending on luck. Rip is now on par to fall off when our current Berserk is set to expire ( I think its almost 6am here now ). Now we can continue to spam shred and building up another 5 CP with anywhere from 10-13 seconds left depending again on our luck with crits and no missed shreds with rake having about 2-3 seconds left before falling off. Continue shredding and making sure to reapply rake. At this point we are going to sit on 5 CP. Since rip should be falling off right around the time Berserk expires, would you clip 1-2 ticks of rip to get another 2 seconds, or just shred till it expires and reapply rip as normal to not waste it.

I think this can be okay during a Berserk phase, there just seems to be so much that is complicated and so much needs to go right in terms of managing cooldowns even further than we do now, luck building CP with crits and no misses / dodges, and having to execute the Berserk rotation perfect to gain those 4 extra seconds. It seems if you are unlucky building CP or timing is off going into it, you will be looking at a dps loss.

I dont like it either way. If you look at other dps 4 piece bonuses, they do not rely on the planets being aligned and everything going perfect during a 15-20 second window depending on if you are glyphed.

Can this be a dps boost without having to rely on so much going right so you are not wasting CP trying to activate it, clipping rip to activate it, relying on luck for quick combo build up to benefit from activating a second time with savage roar, and then making sure that you micro managed everything so when you come out of Berserk, you are not losing dps from your debuffs / buffs not being optimal because to make the most out of Berserk, you lost uptime / dps getting back to your normal rotation. I really hope I made sense, I am really tired but this was too interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarn View Post
    Bear bonuses are amazing.
    yeh i do ~ 30K right now whit bezerg mangle / maul spam (on 3 mobs) this going to be awsome if we get the dot aswel :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

the 2 set is nice but with the current state of FB and having to use a broken skill to gain 1-2 shreds seems very lackluster and I will be throughly disappointed if it makes it to live