Archeology bug and NO customer support!!

I was a victim of the New rares introduced into Archeology with the new patch not giving XP before and after the 4.1 Hotfix.. when i filed a ticket, the GM's response was " unfortunately for this I would not be able to grant points not earned"

I was like hang on.. my Wow archeology box shows all my solves... 5 rare solves (5 X 15 =75), 63 common solves ( 63 X 5 = 315) + the 50 beginning xp gains from artifacts... so my total should have been a total of 440/450... but I was only showing 410/450..

My first NEW Rare Haunted War Drum was solved May 1 @ 8:55 PM pre Hot fix... my second New rare Ancient Amber was solved May 2 @ 10:23 PM post Hot fix.. even though the May 2 4.1 hotfix notes state: Archaeology
    The new rare Archaeology items should now correctly grant skill-ups when crafted.

Whatever the "issue" to suggest that I am not "entitled" to have my points correctly adjusted to reflect what my account shows, and is just basic math.. is a new low.. I earned these points, my solves show I earned these points... and the worst thing of all is that my first RARE troll solve was a crappy and useless war drum instead of the coveted Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds!!

Sorry about the rant.. but for the time and aggravation to spend on archeology.. and then to get shafted by blizzard for 15 points and then to face the meaningless grind to get the Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds..when blizzard can't even solve a "MATH BUG" makes me wonder if the devs haven't been replaced by monkeys.. instead of highly trained and paid computer geeks..

so to end.. if you are levelling archy.. the Ancient Amber may not be giving correct credit for a solve.. so until they say other wise don't waste your time doing it until it is fixed.. I was given a rare exeption and "granted" 15 points on my account.. but I was the EXCEPTION!!! but still out 15 XP for a buggy stupid war drum..
    Last edited by ureonfire; 2011-05-05 at 07:51 AM.

This is just cause to get mad over.

/sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    In the grand theme of things, I had about 300 solves since I hit 525..so those 15 points are a drop in the ocean and you will make them up veeery fast (and still not have the reares you desperately want)

But I understand that you are frustrated on principle of that letter and their inability to grant those points.
    This is pretty true. They generally can't award things like that retroactively. To give a simple example, on one of my toon's first times in GB, I grabbed all of the quests at the beginning and then completed the dungeon, but I did not get credit for the Erudax kill at all. The GM said "thanks for the bug report, we can't award you the quest completion after the fact so you'll just have to run it again."

Kind of stinks at times when things don't work right, but there is a reason for the precedent.

Talk to me after spending over an hour in an arena match because the game was so unstable and buggy I fell through the ground until a GM finally came in and killed me just to end the match.

I told him to reset the battle with me and my partner, but no, he wouldn't do that or end it in a draw. My partner died because I immediately fell through the ground as the match started as he was fighting 2 on 1, then the GM ported me back into the center of the arena, forced unstealthed me, and made sure I died before he left.

Now that is customer service. My flawless record tarnished with a loss to some fails because the game is poorly designed and the staff are idiots.