Looking for a non MMO to play

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a grindy, time sink game that isn't an MMO to spend some time on. Some examples of grinds/time sinks that I enjoyed are materia mastery in FFVII, armor and weapon crafting in Monster Hunter, leveling up pokemon, etc. Anyone have any suggestions?

Civilization, any of the series, it takes a few hours to finish a game and it's always different
    I take two in the morning.
    I take two at night,
    I take two in the afternoon
    and then I feel alright.
    I take two in time of peace,
    I take two in time of war.
    I take two before I take two
    and then I take two more

If I remember correctly, Star Ocean The Last Hope had a huge battle trophy system (100 trophies for each character) that involved some serious time sinking. Mundane things like "kill 30,000 enemies of a specific type with that character" or "Attack first 10 fights in a row with this character" to specific things like "deal Exactly 11,111 Damage" and various stages of trophy completion unlocked things. Also I think the level cap in that game is like 255?

Planetscape Torment. Tens of hours worth of gameplay with immediate effects based on character builts.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Start ANY character on any Elder Scrolls game after Arena, then try to max all skills. ALL OF THEM. Should keep you busy for a while =)
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Sins of a Solar Empire, a complex RTS game, with a sci-fi theme. Put it on max mode with over 100 planets and several races, the game gets out of control real fast.
    "I heard Shadowmourne procs naked ladies..."
    The rapture took my paladin - May 21, 2011
    In a recent online survey, 100% of the population uses the internet.

Deleted
    While its not a fantasy game as such,

I found X3 terran conflict to be a very potent time sink. Especailly playing as a merchant. From pretty humble beginnings with a clunky cargo ship, Slowly and slowly building a galaxy wide business empire with dozens of fleets in every system. and massive start cruisers and starports at your beck and call.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malphaz View Post
    While its not a fantasy game as such,

I found X3 terran conflict to be a very potent time sink. Especailly playing as a merchant. From pretty humble beginnings with a clunky cargo ship, Slowly and slowly building a galaxy wide business empire with dozens of fleets in every system. and massive start cruisers and starports at your beck and call.
    OP asked for a time SINK, not a time STOP.

Seriously, my brother showed me that game once, and the next time I went grocery shopping, I felt like a neanderthal with a rock instead of a dude with VISA =P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P