Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Yes and No. My DPS ques tend to pop within 10 min, though I rarely get a fresh run. Still love the # of people who leave a group after one wipe, the whole Cata Baby syndrom of quitting after the first speed bump.

Call to arms fixed the ques for the first couple days. i was seeing 5-10 mins. but it seems back to normal with 30mins +

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Unstuck View Post
    Speaking as a tank who said when this was announced that it would not make me use RDF any more than I already did, this does not surprise me.

The majority of tanks will only do 5-mans with 2-4 other people from their guild or people they know from their own realm, as dealing with PUG people is more trouble than it's worth, even with a little bag of doodads.
    And yet, as many people have said, the Tier 1 heroic queues are indeed going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    It did reduce healer que, but most of the time gives you a dps-geared plate with maybe 1/2 tank pieces.
    Well it's still better than a plate tank with 1/2 dps/pvp gear and no clue how they should be using cooldowns so they don't use them at all

T1 heroics are a joke now and can pretty much be facerolled in under 30 minutes with a good tank, healer and at least 1 competent DPS. T2 troll heroics I don't pug with my tank or healer anymore. Just too many bad experiences.

The original OP of this thread was to see if Call to Arms fixed the DPS queue in RDF. And I think overall it did, especially for T1 heroics. When I do jump on the occasional dps alt the T1 Heroic timer is usually under 20 minutes compared to 40+. The biggest issue I see is yes the queue time is shorter but because of bad pugs the actual runs can sometimes take and hour plus and that's if the group doesn't break up because of one wipe on the first boss or because everyone is trying to tell everyone else how to play their class.

So while I do think RDF is much better, sadly it still can't fix people playing badly. Maybe implementing Crabby to tell people how to play better isn't such a bad idea. LOL!
    Last edited by Azoth; 2011-05-06 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    CTA has been around for a bit over 1 week now, I recall DPS LFD queue being anything from 25 to 50 minutes, 40ish on average. How does it look since CTA? Did it drastically reduce the queue?
    The regular cata heroic queues are down from 35m to 10 to 15m. Troll queues hover around 25m, which means it probably been an hour without CTA. I was able to get all of my regular heroics done in two days, largely due to fast queues (I'm DPS). Exodar-US, dunno which battlegroup we're in.

Deleted
    kinda.. 20-30 min

-10 min w8time

Deleted
    the CTA has done the job it was created for,
    and solo dps'rs are queuing much faster now
    even the troll hcs arent as long as normal hc queues used to be in my battlegroup

good call on this one tbh

Deleted
    Yes for old cata heroic it works. My dps alts are happy.

Works for me...at least sometimes. I still think 10-15 minutes is an improvement. During good times I have 5 minutes or less (I got an instant invite as dps once )
    I think it should be active for 85 normals, because there you still have 30min+ queues

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    The regular cata heroic queues are down from 35m to 10 to 15m. Troll queues hover around 25m, which means it probably been an hour without CTA. I was able to get all of my regular heroics done in two days, largely due to fast queues (I'm DPS). Exodar-US, dunno which battlegroup we're in.
    I think battlegroups don't matter for RDF anymore, do they?
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

it fixed it the first few days, but seems to be back up to about 20-30 mins now

DIDN'T fix anything, que still + 30 min
    Tanks are still Morons and arrogant bastids, the only diffrent is that NOW they get free goodies for beeing assholes
    Some healers are that too, and they get free goodies too
    I think ALL DPS should stop LFG ...why do they get goodies ?? and we dont??
    think how awesome it must be to let tanks and healers wait for hours for a f... DPS ...that makes me smile

Speaking of tanks, I've seen my share of people who shouldn't be tanking, but usually in troll instances. Those groups fall apart pretty quickly. I also get a lot more "in progress" instances, especially troll stuff. In most cases, that's just fine, because quicker valor is just fine too.

Deleted
    I've seen an improvement but it could be better, but I suppose thats the risk you take when you roll a DPS class.

Deleted
    they went from 40min to 30min but number of retards went from 50% to 80%

As i hate shaman healing, and love enhancement too much, ive been sucking it up and dealing with it. Ques seem a lot better for me (10-15 mins).

ive been leveling my death knight so i can reap the rewards of welfare mounts and gold help out with the que's

Quote Originally Posted by Critskrieg View Post
    reap the rewards of welfare mounts and gold
    LOL Bastid ^^

But as Rogue, Mage Lock and Hunter ....im FUCKED

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me, the first couple of days after 4.1, both T1 and T2 heroic queues were short. I was getting into both in under 10 minutes (previously my queue time was between 20-25 mins).

Now, just over a week later, the T2 queues are back to where my old queue times were (20-25mins). I put this down to people thinking they were going to be pugable and then quickly realising that this is not the case.

Like others have mentioned, I have also seen a decline in player quality in the T1 heroics. We still make it through, but it is much harder than it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    Like others have mentioned, I have also seen a decline in player quality in the T1 heroics. We still make it through, but it is much harder than it should be.
    More bad groups in T2 heroics, for sure, but in general, this has not been my experience. I've had some absolutely killer groups this week, including two ZGs in a row, all one shot on the bosses. Well, except for the instance server crashing while we were easily on our way to a Jin'do kill.

Most of the T1 heroics have been fine. Bad ones fall apart quickly. I had two groups, for example, that wiped on the first pull in H Stonecore. IMO, better than then spending more time only to fail.

I guess my tolerance for bad groups is higher than most. I just don't get bent out of shape when groups fail. I don't bail on instances often, so when I do, I usually get a short timeout before I can queue again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like it has definitly brought the queue times down for the original heroics. As a tank, I find that I will queue more often with the bag, especially considering the reward I got recently(BoE pet worth 1.5k on my server). I have also found that the pugs that I get are not completely terrible. Out of the 3 I have run, only one of the groups had a "terrible" player, which we were easily able to carry. I would consider the CtA a sucess for now. Also, for people that say they still have 30 min queue times, are you talking about the old heroics or the troll heroics?

Quote Originally Posted by arden714 View Post
    It's a short term fix. After having done a few CTA's I'm finding that the reward isn't nearly worth my time or effort. I get 1-2 potions and some gold for spending an hour in a heroic with short bus people. The queues will steadily go back to normal because the rewards don't come close to justifying doing them. The 0.5% chance at a mount I most likely already have is also too low, I'd have better odds trying to get Ashes of Al'ar than anything useful out of that bag.

The DPS queues for the Zandalari heroics are terrible, always 60+ minutes and they take 2-3 hours to do with your average group of scrubs who don't have a clue what's going on. It's no wonder the good tanks and healers are avoiding them, and we'll continue to do so until blizzard dreams up something that's worth several hours of my time investment.
    I'm pretty sure it'll end up a medium/long time fix for the "old" hc, because they are easy, and will be even more and more easy when gearing up, between nerfs and easily available better gear.
    It's why queues are far shorter for them now.
    IF you are queueing for the bag, what do you prefer ?
    - instant (or nearly instant queues) for Zandalari, spending 1 to 3h in it, most of the time in a painfull Hell
    - instant (or nearly instant queues) for old ones, done mostly in 20 to 40 mins, easy that you can nearly carry on your own with no gear

I know the one i choose when i want the bag. I can do 2 to 4 normal ones (except Deadmines) in the time it takes me to do one Zandalari with a somewhat decent group (including the waiting time for a healer and a few wipes due to stupid mistakes, i spent a little above one hour in ZA last time, with a decent group, since we only missed the timed run by something like 4/5 mins without being decked in full raid/hm gear.... ).

In time, it'll move to the Zandalari ones too, and so on with people overgearing. Specially when people that are there for the Valor will realize :
    - you can do both hc "tiers" for VP, and aren't limited to a grand total of 7 instances a week. You can do 7 normal and then move to the Zandalari ones to finish reaching the 980 VP cap for instances
    - soon the Maelstrom will be so cheap they won't be really worth the time lost in Zandalaris.
    - the gear from Zandalari is nice, but VP gear too, AND you'll soon get most of it

Sad thing is i'm an unlucky fucker like always, so i don't see anything outside of gold and sometimes potions (that don't sell) in the bags, and never see the mounts drops in the Zandalari ones.

edit : and i know it differs from "Battlegroup" to Battlegroup, but on mine the queue times for dps in old instances is more often 10/15 than 20/30 like it was before, new ones is roughly 20 to 35 mins, depending on the time of the day/week.

Main change though, is that now, it's not only a question of peak time or not peak time, but it works like BH/VoA.
    There is a huge surge of people doing it early in the week and on we, and after that no one does them anymore.