Poll: Do you find rogues hard to play in PVP?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Do you find rogues hard to play in PVP?

Disclaimer I DO NOT claim rogue is hard-2-play for everyone or rogues are weak or any other things...
    Well I'm not elitist pvper but I can say I do know other class mechanics and tactics which is critical in pvp so I do okay with my rogue however as tittle says I find rogues a lil hard compared to some other classes that I've experienced in PVP. Here is my reason for this conclusion:
    Rogues are cd dependant characters, if you have cds you are good otherwise its pain in the ass to engage 1-vs-1 fights. Also wasting( its not good for all classes but more critical for rogues) cd is not a good thing if they are CoT or Vanish...rogue playstyle requires zero mistake to be successfull(assuming your opponent knows what to do against a rogue :> ). I wonder what do you think about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sub rogues are widely considered the highest skill-capped class / spec combination in arena PvP right now.

Whether or not you agree with this, is another story.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Sorry but the things you have listed about it as making it difficult exist for near to every class in the game...

Also, the 2 poll options are stupid and not enough. Its not either really difficult or really easy; there is a middle ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    It can be depending on your playstyle. I was Mut PvP for a while and did really good, especially against other melee. However, I would be kited all over the place against most range classes. I then tried Sub because I heard it was more about control, and I am having a really hard time trying to master it. It requires alot of scanning and predicting what ur opponents are going to do next. Its not all about burst as most people think, and I think that is why iam having such a hard time figuring it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    Sorry but the things you have listed about it as making it difficult exist for near to every class in the game...

Also, the 2 poll options are stupid and not enough. Its not either really difficult or really easy; there is a middle ground.
    Well...actually i am not making a numerical analysis here just wondered if ppl thinks like me or not

they are hard to play because of several things.

the combo point annoyance : using gouge will reset your combo points on your main target, in battlegrounds if your target dies and release you lose the possibility of using redirect, recuperate or slice and dice.

you have alot of possibility and sometimes its hard to choose the best one because rogues do have a lot of tools.

vanish gimping and bugs : yep its not over

energy management: I see many rogues popping shadow dance with 0-20 energy.... wth?

there's probably more, I'm not saying all other classes are ez or rogue is the hardest class to play, but it has its difficulties

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    the specs i play in arena are currently

disc or shadow priest
    frost dk
    demo or aff lock
    sub rogue

out of those i find sub to be the hardest to get the most out of.

---------- Post added 2011-05-05 at 07:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Sub rogues are widely considered the highest skill-capped class / spec combination in arena PvP right now.

i've heard the same from many people
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Out of all the classes I play (5 on a regular basis, I play the others occasionally) rogue is the hardest. Most people will say "lol stun lock is hard?" But rogues definitely require a good amount of finesse (and low latency!) to play correctly. I sucked at playing a rogue for a -long- time, practice makes perfect and I am pretty decent now.

Edit: And those classes are: Rogue, Druid, Priest, Paladin, and Shaman.
    Last edited by Searsha; 2011-05-05 at 08:43 PM.

To be moderately successful as sub it takes a good internet connection and some macros. Compared to say a DK, yes rogues are very hard to play.

i think rogues are pretty difficult to play really well. i can do better than most players in the pre max level BG's, almost where i'm op'd, but when i hit max character lvl theres a lot better rogues/players. i think you have to think of everything in terms of something like ability into ability almost like combos, where its almost scripted to be good at it. Its sort of in your face fast, and theres always some fotm way of opening or something. i have a rogue but i can't level 2 characters and keep them at the max lvl and geared, and playing him was a lot of fun and nice change of pace from my mage. i haven't touched him in a while tho.

I don't find it that hard, but I have played a rogue since almost 4 years back now(it was my first toon and it's still my main) so it's in my backbone I guess so it all comes easy for me. It's a great class and it can be immensly fun to play.

sub rogues mainly, are about knowing your opponents strengths and weaknesses as well as trying to predict the next move. You are given the tools, the rest is up to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. They lost their skillcap when Vanish became stupid and no longer negated spells like noobcoil. Recuperate and Vanish change made the rogue class easymode. Right now Hunters probably have the highest skill cap, as long as its not in a KFC cleave. Since sub dmg is so garbage their real showcase of skill comes from the ability to CC multiple targets at the sametime in a short window. Hunter's can do the same AND dmg and do it quicker by CCing multiple ppl at the same instant with both pet control, focus silences and scatter>traps.
    You better herp yourself before you derp yourself.

Deleted
    Rogues scale more with skill than most other classes.

i.e. a bad Rogue is a pushover, a good one will camp your corpse.

Hunters and Mages aslo scale well with skill, but on slightly different curves.
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2011-05-06 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post

Just have to watch a reckful movie to see what rogues are capable of, very intricate class.

Deleted
    That's why I play a rogue in PvP, because of the high skill ceiling.

They are indeed the "hardest". The difference between a decent and really good rogue is huge. Very few rogues actually play their class to its fullest potential.

I don't think its super difficult, however its harder than lolarcanemage.

I do enjoy my rogue though, sub is a lot of fun.

Either harder then everything or piss easy, should have included a 3rd option which is "similar difficulty to other classes".

I find rogues very difficult to play. I'm not an FPS-type player, so all the running around in circles like a spaz is tough.