Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    (...)
    3GB v 6GB v 12GB - You will see that the difference is very small on games and not noticable by a human.
    The tests are of: CAS 8-8-8-24, 1600 MHZ. The only difference is the amount of RAM.
    So you can see that the differences are small, even between 3GB and 12GB.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...de,2264-4.html

So i would go for 2x2 1800/2000MHZ of RAM. And get 2 more later on, or 4 more if you MUST have 8GB.
    Remember that you want a good CAS, i would look for something like 8-8-8-24. Remember you CAN clock this if you feel safe doing so.
    Hm, those test results got me convinced to get 2x2GB ^^. I just hope it's still efficient to put an extra 2x2 in the future, as it might slow down a tiny bit (dunno if this is relevant...)
    As for the 1800 mhz, is there a big difference with 1600mhz in price and performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Barcodian View Post
    Hm, those test results got me convinced to get 2x2GB ^^. I just hope it's still efficient to put an extra 2x2 in the future, as it might slow down a tiny bit (dunno if this is relevant...)
    As for the 1800 mhz, is there a big difference with 1600mhz in price and performance?
    Not really a big difference for either, very few things are memory bandwidth limited. I got fast RAM because it's still very cheap though.
    Super casual.