Finally! Poetic Justice!

I am happy to inform you friends, that there is justice in the World (of Warcraft).

The other day, I was in a dungeon with the worst paladin in history, someone screwed up and I politely asked them why they did what they did. The paladin began raging despite no one even talking to him, he got angrier and angrier at the situation despite making numerous stupid mistakes and blaming others. At the end of the dungeon, shoulders dropped that he had already and I needed, he rolled need on them along with an agi mace, won them both and dropped. I realized I was probably SOL but I figured, what the heck, I'll open a ticket since he was obviously griefing. I petitioned a GM for the shoulders, mentioning that he had them and was obviously only needing to sell when they were an upgrade for me. I understood I was probably going to be told "Sorry, it's the random dungeon finder, we don't redistribute loot for need before greed systems" like they usually do. However, lo and behold, this morning I logged on and poof, GM said he was happy to inform me he researched the issue and came to the same conclusion as I did and the shoulders were in the mail!!!

What in the hell? This never happens, it made my entire day to have some justice in the most troll filled and anonymously selfish game in the world.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

15+ Year Old Account
    Proof that all GMs are not out to get players, and they do truthfully investigate every situation for what it is. Kudos, and grats on winning your shoulders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Karma can hurt, but it can also heal!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gratz to you getting your shoulders. It is indeed a breath of fresh air to see something like this end correctly for once. Karma comes in one way or another.

Nice

It's the small things.

I know, small things seem to matter to me a lot more than big things a lot of times because if someone doesn't help you out on a small issue that doesn't require much time to help out with it doesn't say much for their opinion of you. Whereas if someone doesn't help you with something big it could just be that they don't have time or it costs them too much etc.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

The fact that he already had the shoulders was probably what made the GM opt to give you the item. I'm not sure what their official policy is in this case, but the GM obviously felt comfortable making a judgement call.

As far as I know, about the only time they have an official policy to redistribute loot is in master looter when the loot rules were clearly spelled out in chat and then violated by the master looter. Which means if you are ever in a raid pug with master looter turned on, always ask the raid leader to specify the looting rules.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.