Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    What does that have to do with anything I'm saying? I'm not crucifying anybody who didn't like high school, I'm just making the point that you're not "human trash" for actually enjoying it(not referring to your posts).
    disregard it then. The point was that one's idea of friendliness or whatever may not appear as such to other people depending on upbringing.

In my case, my displays of openess and friendliness were viewed as taunts or soemthing. Apparently the manner with which I spoke at the time, combined with my size came off as threatening, and most of the students at that school saw a hardbound book with more than 300 pages as a weapon and not light reading material.

Most boring 4 years of my life.

I was optimistic during the first year with the promise of more interesting classes...
    Needless to say, I was very dissapointed.

Did everything on an average level and got average marks during all 4 years, spend the last 2 mainly sleeping through classes, would only be awake if I knew the teacher would make a problem out of it, because that would cause even more effort and time spend there.

Made some friends, havent spoken to them since we finished high school, I think we just hung out together because it was the best option at the time.
    Spend some time flirting with girls but I could never find that click with them to really turn it into something serious.

It's been 4 years since those days and I remember less and less of those unimportant and uneventfull years.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like it much, if at all. I started out with a good group of friends I had since elementary school but we grew apart over the years and I watched as they turned into the generic and preppy types that litter the streets nowadays. As they ran off to put on their fake nails and makeup for parties, I went home to my neighborhood friend who I grew up with and eventually got to know all of his friends. I was the only female in the group and had never felt more accepted than ever did before when with other people, so now I typically only befriend guys as they seem to be so much more understand and trustworthy. I can honestly say that I've never been able to cry on another female's shoulder or tell them like it is without it being over-though and dramatized. Anyways, since all my friends went to a different high school I was left to eat lunch alone and sit at the back of the classroom while nobody knew my name, and those who did know me were a few people I befriended but didn't care much about. I think we all just stuck together because we all were in a similar situation of not fitting in. The only good things I got from high school would be knowledge of who I don't want to be and that I met my boyfriend of approaching 5 years as a senior.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am stil in my second year, so I can't give a full evaluation over how good or bad it was. I'll tell you in one year time.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

High school was a joke for me. I think there was only two or three teachers that actually cared, and for some reason I just couldn't concentrate or take the class too seriously knowing the teacher doesn't care either. I believe the lack of effort on my school is what led me to having a terrible time at school, the only part that kept me sane was the talking and hanging out with other people.

I think i suffered from a lack of motivation, inspiration & dedication, sure i went to school every day but didn't really strive to achieve as much as i probably could have done. However i can say hey, i did some of the music stuff (not bad), i did take part in some EC activities (ok so not good, but not bad) & i helped arrange our senior prom - not bad for someone who basically phoned in my education. I do regret a bit not being a bit more involved & dedicated, but hey, it's a part of life and well, i've moved on from that, i don't think i could go back to that sort of setting though i got turned off by it since i was sort of in the middle of those kids who were going to uni & those kids who only needed to be taught how to fill their names in on benefits forms.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My high school experience was pretty crappy, overall.
    College was considerably better, and since then, more improvement.
    Truth is, life seems to just get better and better.

Take the lessons you've learned about yourself and other people in the last few years and keep building on it; remember what it was like to be treated poorly in high school, and the way you changed to be able to interact with others better and you'll be all the better for it.

Deleted
    High school was cool:
    - lessons easy = good grades came by themselves
    - parents give money = no need to work
    - lots of free time = girls, parties, etc, etc

f**k high school

- Could find my own groups

- Surrounded by people that got praised/ I was berated with insults. Thus continuing to give me further lack of confidence.

- didn't excel in any subject

- People being "nice"

- people who are stuck up

- People that sing in the f**kin hallway all the damn time. Not the nice singing the really loud and idiotic singing....early in the morning

- A, A, A, B, [F,D,C [pick one], B, A, A+

- Couldn't hang out with anyone that lived near me

The only happy moments I ever had were making people sad to the point of crying, which were very rare but justified.
    Last edited by DionLight7; 2011-05-06 at 10:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'll put it this way:

I can't say it was bad. It had its moments, and I got along well enough with many people.

But my 20 year reunion was <mumble> years ago, and I declined to go because it occurred to me that aside from 2-3 friends I see often as it is, I couldn't think of a single person I'd want to see again. Probably says more about me than it does them. Of course, there was the small handful of people I did not want to be within 100 yards of also. It's best for all parties concerned.

Deleted
    In my last year now got my GCE's in 2 weeks. 1 more week to party hard. Then study.

But I really liked it, before high school I was a real nerd and only played Games I met some cool peopple on high school, We went out toghter, had fun, some crazy partys. But in the end its just school, and i really hope this isnt the best part in my life because then my life would be rather lame from now on. But it for sure was a stressless time!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teiksma View Post
    High school was cool:
    - lessons easy = good grades came by themselves
    - parents give money = no need to work
    - lots of free time = girls, parties, etc, etc
    Pretty much this.

I graduated last year and I'm in college now, but I gotta say High School wasn't all that great most of the time. Lessons were dull and repetitive, the teachers were pretty stuck up and couldn't handle if you've proved them wrong on any subject.

The best of it though was that we didn't have to do squat in our final year, so it was parties all through the year (pretty much had 2 parties every weekend, one of which I wouldn't be able to remember). I remember one time one my my friends was actually quite desperate for a girl and was so wasted that he just walked up to her, vomitted over her and continued by shrugging it off and saying:"Sorry, let me clean that up for you.". Thing that happened afterwards was hilarious, he litterally licked her clean.
    Week after that he was wondering why she wouldn't talk to him anymore. Good times indeed. To this day he still doesn't know what happened... or rather doesn't want to. xD

In high school I just come to school, attend to lessons while doing nearly nothing on them except on math ones. Peeps in my class are retarded, slow minded, gay or childish or a mix of all so I barely got any contacts with them except some chatting. Overall I keep friends from mid-school close and hang out everyday smokin' and wanderin'
    S.H.

Deleted
    I enjoyed no responsibilities.
    I enjoyed not having to do a thing and making it anyway.
    I hated the people.
    I hated the ignorant and hormonal stage of life (If you like to believe it or not, teenagers ARE under the influence of hormones and are socially less developed (in a grown up's point of view))

I'm glad it's over and I can tell my mother I love her and appreciate the bitchy way she tried to make me into a decent person.
    I hate the emotional scars other ignorant and hormonal people in their stage of life left on me.

Deleted
    I'm in first year of highschool now, and let me tell you, IT IS FREAKIN' SWEEEEEEEEEEEET.
    (i live in sweden aswell.)
    Love my class, love everything except all the homework...otherwise, everything is great, top notch and pure awesome.

Let's just say I wish I could re live highschool for ever lol. It was the best.

Deleted
    good experience

I liek it...

High school wasn't too bad for me, since that's the period when everyone (or most people) starts to grow up. So most people were pretty nice.

It was the school before that which was a hellhole for me. Don't know the name of it in English, but that period sucked ass. Shitty youngsters in their puberties.

So yeah, high school was boring, but not bad, really.

I made it worse than it had to be.

As I live in an awesome country and in a small city,
    bullying was practically non-existant. The cool kids in the class were gamers,
    and the athletes that would usually be jocks usually had great respect for gaming as well.
    I don't think I had a single enemy all throughout my school time.

Trouble is, being popular meant you also had to be smart and good at studying.
    I didn't care about studying, since I was disillusioned thinking being a slacker was "cool".
    Also secretly being neurotic though, I was beating myself up pretty bad every time I failed to get anything below the best greade.
    I couldn't match the grades of the cool kids, who had strict parents forcing them to study.

Basically, I intentionally failed and then hated myself for being a failure.
    High School was hell, even though I had great teachers, great classmates, and a great school.