Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Is it true that you have secret handshakes ?
    Ecce homo ergo elk

From Advocate to Antagonist

Conduct unbecoming? In Northern Illinois, short of being convicted of a felony or not paying dues, it seems like anything goes. Broken contract, taking money for degree work and then never providing an Intender and pocketing the money. All correspondence to the Grand Lodge ignored. Being an idiot I gave it another shot. My two favorites are the following. The worshipful master bragging about aggravated assault with a firearm because someone cut him off. He drew his weapon stopped at a traffic light. That’s 20 years in prison here. Guy belongs behind bars. That’s how innocent people get killed. No consequences of any kind from the Lodge. And most recently the newly installed Deacon solicited my wife to come to a drunken kegger under the guise of a Church fundraiser. When I mentioned these instances to my Intender his reply was, “Masonry isn’t for everyone.” My father-in-law is a Sovereign Grand Inspector General overseas. Apparently Masonry is very different abroad. I have gone from being a raving fan to an enemy of masonry here in Illinois. Someone said there is some Grand District Deputy or something. But really if the Lodge voted for and embraces corrupt and even felonious leadership, what other option is there but to quit and join some other group like the Knights of Columbus. Apparently there is no conduct unbecoming a mason here in Illinois short of a felony conviction.

7+ Year Old Account
    How would the organization feel that one of their own was outting their stuff on some random gaming blog.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Thread 8 years old. Is this a new record?
    Maybe. I mean the thread is on its way to third grade at this point; it's kinda nice to at least wish it well.

please do not necro old threads. closing now...