Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    I seriously doubt the thread starter is Lore pretending to be someone else.
    i never said he was pretending to be anybody. he just regurgitated a bad article on this forum... i never said he wrote the article.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

Why are people on the internet so Emo? Seriously. I quit WoW three months ago, did I toss up a blog/post saying 'omfg WoW makes me slit my wrists while listening to Papa Roach - Scars!"

No, because nobody cares. Literally.

I quit games when they're no longer fun, and i wait for them to be fixed, then go back. I quit WoW due to 40+ min dps queues, and I returned two days ago to a lovely 9min queue. I'm on hiatus from Rift till they make their shit fun.

It makes sense, if it's not fun, don't play, or wait till if/when they do. The internet doesn't need to hear 'OMFG NERF PYROS OR I'M QUITTING RIFT' or 'OMFG NERF SHADOWSTEP OR I'M QUITTING WOW.'

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fentality View Post
    This basically.

It amazes me how many people bitch and whine like little girls about how bad the game is, but renew their subscription on the first of every month. What are people playing a GAME for if they don't get any fun?
    where did the OP whine?

I understand how he feels...

I've quit WoW, yet I find myself checking mmo-champion everyday in the hopes of finding something interesting/worthwhile...
    I do love the lore, and WoW was fun... some of the time.... maybe?

If I think about it, its not really fun. Its just stress and grinding. The only fun comes from bragging, and even then no one really cares and it is just your delusions...>_<

I've tried and played countless mmos, and come to the conclusion that: "They all suck... WoW just sucks less."

Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 can't come out fast enough... Those are going to be amazing, and probably my last hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    I agree. You can be tired of a game, but physically sick? That's a bit of an exaggeration.
    I suggest you do some research, it is quite possible. Some people get physically sick from playing certain games. And I know someone that does get it from WoW.

There are two types of wow players, the ones who are addicted to the game, and the ones who have a handle on reality and can walk away at any time.

There have been studies that show that gaming addiction can be just as severe as gambling addiction or even drug addiction. Our brains release certain chemicals when we play video games and earn rewards while gaming. Players can get addicted to that rush.

I've heard of recovered addicts that say they get physically sick, some even vomiting, when they get around their original substance of choice. I head an ex addict say once that he spontaneously threw up after seeing someone else suffering alcoholism on TV. So if the research that says that gaming addition is a real thing is accurate, I don't think it's too far fetched that some people may experience reactions to the game once they quit that are similar to how ex addicts react to their old drug of choice.

Just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen to anyone. So the people who are saying this person is crazy need to open their eyes and accept that there may be people in the world who are different from themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfcat View Post
    There are two types of wow players, the ones who are addicted to the game, and the ones who have a handle on reality and can walk away at any time.

There have been studies that show that gaming addiction can be just as severe as gambling addiction or even drug addiction. Our brains release certain chemicals when we play video games and earn rewards while gaming. Players can get addicted to that rush.

I've heard of recovered addicts that say they get physically sick, some even vomiting, when they get around their original substance of choice. I head an ex addict say once that he spontaneously threw up after seeing someone else suffering alcoholism on TV. So if the research that says that gaming addition is a real thing is accurate, I don't think it's too far fetched that some people may experience reactions to the game once they quit that are similar to how ex addicts react to their old drug of choice.

Just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen to anyone. So the people who are saying this person is crazy need to open their eyes and accept that there may be people in the world who are different from themselves.
    This so many times.. mostly that last part. Not everyone is the same as you (you here meaning the people who say it's impossible), and you shouldn't think of them as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfcat View Post
    Everybody is exactly like me and has exactly the same preferences and abilities I do.

Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    Everybody is exactly like me and has exactly the same preferences and abilities I do.
    I think the opposite:
    "Nobody is the same as me, because I am the greatest :P"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fentality View Post
    This basically.

It amazes me how many people bitch and whine like little girls about how bad the game is, but renew their subscription on the first of every month. What are people playing a GAME for if they don't get any fun?
    while im not claiming the game isnt fun anymore it has definately gotten stale for me and at this point its the friends ive made over the past 6 years that make the game enjoyable for me to log on. however my game time ends the 15th and quite a few of those friends are leaving so i may be screwed lol
    Last edited by dokilar; 2011-05-06 at 02:29 PM.

"I did get something out of Warcraft, though, something that still serves me to this day, even as the phrase “Wailing Caverns” makes me want to sip ginger ale and lie down for a bit."

Lawl.
    Last edited by Lord Blackmore; 2011-05-06 at 02:31 PM.

So post cata release he logs in for first time he is in dalaran and it was empty and didn't understand that it was a new expac? Because people still hung out in shat after wrath dropped. I find this hard to beleive that he played for six years if he couldn't figure to even expect that.

This article is making me sick... now everytime i read a thread about qutting i throw up a little in my mouth....
    It's just a game.

Deleted
    No wander he feels physically sick, just look at his UI!

Whats wrong with his UI? I personally prefer being minimalistic and using as few add-ons as possible...

Back in Vanilla and TBC I'd use bar add-ons, but having to update/change every patch is tiresome.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that article was just horribly written.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    Whats wrong with his UI? I personally prefer being minimalistic and using as few add-ons as possible...

Back in Vanilla and TBC I'd use bar add-ons, but having to update/change every patch is tiresome.
    I was more referring to the fact it has been swirlled up somewhat and has been tinted green implying it would make you dizzy as fuck and feel physically sick but nevermind ...

Stood in the Fire StendhalSyndrom's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Un-United States, In the newest of Yorks, on the Isle of Long, roaming the Eastern Meadows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    If he's fighting Gluth at this point he's pretty bad
    Yeaaaa sounds like this tool never played wow past WotLK if he even got that far....Wired now w/ extra Fluff articles...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    "Oh yeah?" said Rhonin. "Well, I've got Reginald Whipplebottom the Fourth, here." As he said this, he brandished his right fist. "And I've got Agamemnon W. Jackson, as well," he said, indicating his left fist. "And they brought their buddy, Peter T. Thickness, the Piston of Devastation." As he said this, he did a pelvic thrust, in case it wasn't clear that he was talking about his penis.

who wants to bet that he will renew his wow account using the money earned from this article?
    It's just a game.

Deleted
    I want my 2 minutes back.