Deleted

Lakers going down?

Hey guys, unfortunately I didn't have time to follow the games (Europe here), but it seems as if the Lakers were going...
    What do you think? will they be the first team to turn around a 0-3 in a best of seven? Or will Nowitzki not let them?
    Anyway, two of these games I've heard were decided for the Mavericks in the very last minutes, was it as exciting as it sounds?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    If any team could win after being 0-3,, it would be the Lakers. But dont get you hopes up.
    That team just fell apart. They are far more talented than the Mavs but that doesnt mean
    crap if you dont want it.
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-05-07 at 05:54 PM.
    Operation Red Wing

Lakers are toast. They desperately need Gasol to start playing, but he doesn't look interested at all.

Deleted
    Terry says hello to this thread.....^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alieta View Post
    Terry says hello to this thread.....^^
    Hi Terry
    I believe Paul Gasol is really the breaking point in this match. Or rather, the mismatch Nowitzki-Gasol.
    Nowitzki has already dominated Gasol when they swept Memphis away 4-0 5 years ago, and again, in these 3 games vs the Lakers, Gasol looks bad.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lakers down 24 at the half. Don't recall ever seeing a team collapse in a series like that. Dallas is just not that good.

Correction. The Yankees collapse against the RedSox in 2004 was a epic fail as well.
    Operation Red Wing

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Lakers down 24 at the half. Don't recall ever seeing a team collapse in a series like that. Dallas is just not that good.

Correction. The Yankees collapse against the RedSox in 2004 was a epic fail as well.
    I am not sure how you can say Dallas is not that good after watching the first half of that game. Sure, the Lakers played some pretty bad defense, but that was still an amazing half of basketball from the Mavericks.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasers View Post
    I am not sure how you can say Dallas is not that good after watching the first half of that game. Sure, the Lakers played some pretty bad defense, but that was still an amazing half of basketball from the Mavericks.
    Mavs are good. But they are not "sweep the Lakers" good. This is all about a complete utter failure of team play on the part of the Lakers. Anyone could beat them the way they are playing. I give the Mavs a little credit and alot of 3 point luck and the Lakers all the discredit.

First time I have heard Magic Johnson speechless at the half.

45 points off threes in the 3rd won't carry the Mavs thru the playoffs when the luck runs out.
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-05-08 at 09:30 PM.
    Operation Red Wing

Bynum won himself a suspension next season with that nasty 'bow.

it was a little sad to see the lakers go out like this (i kinda wanted them to lose but not like this at all)

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dotsown View Post
    it was a little sad to see the lakers go out like this (i kinda wanted them to lose but not like this at all)
    Its shameful. Getting swepted by a team like the Mavericks. You must be shitting me. It's a disgrace to all Lakers.
    I wouldn't be so pissed if it was the celts or heat. But the Mavericks? puh-leeze.
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-05-08 at 11:21 PM.
    Operation Red Wing

Its shameful. Getting swepted by a team like the Mavericks. You must be shitting me. It's a disgrace to all Lakers.
    I wouldn't be so pissed if it was the celts or heat. But the Mavericks? puh-leeze.
    Didn't the mavs finish 2nd in their division? That's over 82 games, are you telling me the Lakers couldn't pull their act together in EIGHTY-TWO gameS?

Why? The Mavs, for once, look like they're on a mission. All that talk of being soft? Choke artists? Those years and years of playoff failure? Dirk looks hungry and unstoppable. Tyson is giving them a defensive presence on the inside. Jason Kidd is looking revitalized. Jason Terry is lightning in a god damn bottle.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Mavs take it all this year.

15+ Year Old Account
    This year is the death of the dynasty in the NBA apparently. Spurs are pretty much done. Same for the Celtics who are quickly getting surpassed in the East. We saw the death of the Lakers over the last week and change. The way they came unglued after Game 2 and during today's game was remarkable.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    Why? The Mavs, for once, look like they're on a mission. All that talk of being soft? Choke artists? Those years and years of playoff failure? Dirk looks hungry and unstoppable. Tyson is giving them a defensive presence on the inside. Jason Kidd is looking revitalized. Jason Terry is lightning in a god damn bottle.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Mavs take it all this year.
    All those threes won't last. Live by the threes and die by the threes.
    Operation Red Wing

All those threes won't last. Live by the threes and die by the threes.
    Except this isn't a one-dimensional inside-outside Orlando team that relies on 3s and Dwight. Dirk is a legimate threat from anywhere on the court, and frankly, the Lakers have had no answer for him. And if you wanna talk about living and dying by 3s, check out the Lakers box score on that.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    Except this isn't a one-dimensional inside-outside Orlando team that relies on 3s and Dwight. Dirk is a legimate threat from anywhere on the court, and frankly, the Lakers have had no answer for him. And if you wanna talk about living and dying by 3s, check out the Lakers box score on that.
    Yeah,, I'm just pissed off that the Lakers got swept by a perennial early round washout. I don't think the Mavs were as good as the Lakers were bad. But, that being said, I wish the Mavs fans the best for the rest of the playoffs and congratz.
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-05-09 at 02:19 AM.
    Operation Red Wing