Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by reathe View Post
    Anyone else feel this way ? The surplus of them is absolutely ridiculous and I'm finding myself struggling to want to do arch at all because around 50-70% of my digsites are nelf with the remainder being tol'vir, fossil and troll....it is as if the update to arch this patch had zero effect on anything.

Also if you look on the auction house for the various keystones they're around 100-200g a pop when night elves sit around 10g.

Here's an idea. rather then having you jaunt around the world for night elf dig sites, make it so every zone ALWAYS has a dig site up and maybe reduce the amount of fragments for this while maintaining the random world dig sites and set their values to always yield 6 fragments. People can focus on the races they want IE: uldum for tol'vir and ungoro for fossil. It would also make leveling arch while on an alt possible.

In it's current state how do you expect a new player to level arch ? Yes, they can train it at 20 but let's be honest here, how is someone supposed to feasible level it if they have to run around the world on a level 20 mount. It's a pain with my 310% flying mount and the guild perks.
    Leveling Arch was so easy, it wasn't even funny. I mean, I just flew around Kalimdor for a few hours a day, on auto-pilot, and I actually didn't even realize I had been capped for like 3 days when I finally went to mass solve again. And that was guildless with a non-310 flyer.

Anyway, I do agree a small but about the NE site to other site ratio. But then again, almost every zone on Kalimdor has NE influence. If you want less NE, go to a different continent. Also, of course NE keystones are cheap, your post is titled that you're sick of them, so you must know they're everywhere. lol

Personally, I just wish Cata digsites were off the continent grid, and on their own, Cata grid. I'm so tired of having every single fragment/relic thing discovered but still only on my 4th solve set of greys for Uldum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    For that comment, I hope you are punched squarely in the face.
    Because low level players get so many useful rewards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Total artifacts
    Dwarf: 35
    Draenei: 1
    Fossil: 76
    Night Elf: 171
    Nerubian: 1
    Orc: 1
    Tol'vir: 99
    Troll: 61
    Vrykul: 1

I have everything for Night Elves, Fossil and Troll but god damn if i can get any rares for Tol'vir other than the ring and scarab pendant.

ive heard stories of people who have had to do 400+ solves for the mount, copy paste the above into wow and make my count seem less bad please.
    [11:21:15] Dwarf: 27/27, 3/4 — 247 total
    [11:21:15] Draenei: 8/8, 1/2 — 13 total
    [11:21:15] Fossil: 12/12, 4/5 — 184 total
    [11:21:15] Night Elf: 18/18, 7/7 — 120 total
    [11:21:15] Nerubian: 7/7, 1/2 — 14 total
    [11:21:15] Orc: 9/9, 1/1 — 10 total
    [11:21:15] Tol'vir: 7/7, 4/6 — 39 total
    [11:21:15] Troll: 14/14, 3/3 — 312 total
    [11:21:15] Vrykul: 5/5, 1/2 — 11 total

There you go (your macro didn't work for me for some reason so I used the Professor addon) I also have about 300 more troll solves and 200 more dwarf solves on other characters than my main, which I used archaeology to level to 85 with =) I eventually got the troll sword at 528 solves. Had all night elf rares before I even had all their greys Now I only need the sword+staff from Tol'vir and the staff from Dwarves (and some random flavor items from draenei, vrykul and nerubian).

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel the same way except with fossils sites. 4 on the same continent? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Deleted
    Oh come on. It's a lot less than before. They didn't want to give the stuff away, so now you get less fossil dig sites when you have all artefacts. I've done a little digging in eastern kingdoms and it definitely is a lot better now. Though I didn't mind the old way... in fact all the nerfs to archaeology are due to excessive whining from people who want their stuff within 15 minutes, which I didn't deem necessary. (I realize this is a lot like how "elitist" raiders view casuals.. here you have it from the other side, I'm a non-raider and I think people shouldn't whine about Archaeology )

Deleted
    I gave up after getting 13 fossil sites in a row(When I already had mount+Pet) - not a whine :P, just personally didn't like it so chose not do it.

Considering trying again with these new changes.

Dwarf: 211 - no staff
    Draenei: 22 - all
    Fossil: 190 - no shield
    Night Elf: 174 - no trinket
    Nerubian: 24 - all
    Orc: 19 - all
    Tol'vir: 42 - no staff, pet, sword
    Troll: 266 - all
    Vrykul: 35 - all

The new system works fine if you prove lucky enough to complete the rares for a race where you intend to spend a considerable amount of time.
    That is a big if with only since the changes did I get zin'rokh and not prior to them.
    Largely removing troll has unfortunatly increased the frequency of night elf sites in kalimdor when really it is tol'vir that appeals there, though primarily hoping for dwarven for the staff with a considerable part of the time in eastern kingdoms, hence the troll count.
    Lack of visible progress outside of the few times you actulally have a rare in progress is a very valid complaint.
    Intended to be a time-sink maybe, but there is too much of an rng element where someone may get multiple desirable rares in a fraction of the solves that another player takes to get none of them.
    It does not reward participation, instead being sheer dumb luck.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2011-05-08 at 01:22 PM.

Deleted
    I'm more pissed off by constant fossil digsites. I need troll fragments for that goddamn sword, but all I get are fossils, fossils and more fossils.

Deleted
    The patch didn't change anything important. I'm still sick and tired of NE digsites. I have every stupid artifact from them and I keep receiving their digsites. Honestly, current archaeology system is horrible.
    The worst thing is the fact that retarded map tells us where we are able to dig. Really? Why is that like this?

My idea is we should be able to decide which 2-3 races we are getting. For example, take Dwarf + Troll while in EK to farm the staff and Zin'Rokh. Or Fossil + Tol'vir in Kalimdor... That would make traveling slightly shorter as we wouldn't have to fly to Darkshore/Azshara all the time.

What am I hoping for? This won't change anyway. We WILL fly over Hyjal hundreds of times to get a chance to hope for a rare Tol'vir project...

edit: BTW. WTS 22x Highborne Scroll -_-
    Last edited by mmoc829d37085d; 2011-05-08 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knirps View Post
    Leveling Arch was so easy, it wasn't even funny. I mean, I just flew around Kalimdor for a few hours a day, on auto-pilot, and I actually didn't even realize I had been capped for like 3 days when I finally went to mass solve again. And that was guildless with a non-310 flyer.

Anyway, I do agree a small but about the NE site to other site ratio. But then again, almost every zone on Kalimdor has NE influence. If you want less NE, go to a different continent. Also, of course NE keystones are cheap, your post is titled that you're sick of them, so you must know they're everywhere. lol

Personally, I just wish Cata digsites were off the continent grid, and on their own, Cata grid. I'm so tired of having every single fragment/relic thing discovered but still only on my 4th solve set of greys for Uldum.
    I think you missed the point of my post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please consult Dr. Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Botji View Post
    Archaeology in real life is about patience, why would it be any different in WoW? I am sure real life archaeologists would want to find ancient artefacts which they are looking for wherever they go, but it just doesn't work that way.
    But a lot of people play WoW to escape real life!

"Oohh no, the item I want is not freely given to me! I have to work hard to get it! Oohh no!" Sorry but that's what I read. Arch is suppose to be one boring ass profession that also give you awesome rewards. Tol'vir fragments should feel special and there should be a lot of nelf fragments. Just read the lore.

1: Night Elves were THE civilization that covered the known world pre-Sundering. Ya think they might be in a few places, right? (Be thankful they only got 2 digsites on EK!). Trolls had their empires too, but clearly more on the Eastern Kingdoms side of things. It IS the history of Azeroth.

2: From personal experience over the last 4-5 days of Archy work, I will say I have seen a notable drop in Night Elf sites since finishing the Doll 3 days ago. Before, after doing 3-5 sites (any type), I would be back to 4 Night Elf again. Now, I can and have gone 15+ sites before getting stacked with 3 Night Elf sites. Maybe just bad karma for you. All I see with Night Elf is profit (Chest of Tiny Glass Animals, Silver Scroll Case).

Quote Originally Posted by FreakEyy View Post
    "Oohh no, the item I want is not freely given to me! I have to work hard to get it! Oohh no!" Sorry but that's what I read. Arch is suppose to be one boring ass profession that also give you awesome rewards. Tol'vir fragments should feel special and there should be a lot of nelf fragments. Just read the lore.
    How dare you even imply that we should work hard for something in a video game!

Quote Originally Posted by morpsend View Post
    1281 night elf solves. I got every night elf rare at 85 solves.

Dwarf: 31 (rare: 4 solved: 110)
    Draenei: 10 (rare: 2 solved: 13)
    Fossil: 16 (rare: 4 solved: 556)
    Night Elf: 25 (rare: 7 solved: 1281)
    Nerubian: 9 (rare: 2 solved: 21)
    Orc: 10 (rare: 1 solved: 11)
    Tol'vir: 12 (rare: 5 solved: 549)
    Troll: 17 (rare: 3 solved: 291)
    Vrykul: 7 (rare: 2 solved: 59)
    Do your really have 500 tolvir solves? I just hit 205 and only 3 rares and I cant take it anymore! Ring,Pendant,Staff.
    Main- Mage
    Alt- DK
    Alt's alt- Pally

Deleted
    it's so boring digging sites when you know you can't get anything useful. they should rethink that design.