Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    could also be that people have their particle density low, ran with a tank in my guild that dad that.. he turned it up to ultra and saw the maze and everything else as if it was a glow stick
    I play with all my graphics on the lowest settings, and I still manage to not die, or even take damage from this boss. This game is very, very simple.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please marry me!I love this post.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Venoxis is (Imo, though to be honest I can't imagine anyone finding anything else harder) the hardest 5-man boss in the game right now - and the reason is solely because of the Toxic Link. It does more damage than it really needs to, especially compared to the rest of the bosses in ZG. That's all there is to it.

Bragging because you can solo a neutered boss isn't particularly impressive.

Ofc Venoxis is easy to solo hes only melee the tank -> link dont effect main treath target + the spell he cast is easy o interupt
    when he breath you can move out of it easy

so yes it easy to solo - had to do it like 60% of the kills

link is "the hard part" where most ppl fail cuase of the insane dmg it does
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    When I heal it on my resto druid, the only unhealable people are the ones in the green beams, but I watch some dps perish from just random AOE, because the healer isn't healing.
    I know it was probably just a typo, but it made me laugh.

When I heal it on my resto druid, … I watch some DPS perish, … because the healer isn't healing.

Link does not do much damage actually, you are just doing it wrong, If someone not attached to the link runs through the link it will break prematurely, the people attacked have to just run the opposite way of where the link is going, its very simple and easy boss fight, people just need to pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodVengeance View Post
    Link does not do much damage actually, you are just doing it wrong, If someone not attached to the link runs through the link it will break prematurely, the people attacked have to just run the opposite way of where the link is going, its very simple and easy boss fight, people just need to pay attention.
    10-15k damage per second on each target is not much? Also the explosion at the end is about 30k to 40k.

So as a healer that's 20-30k damage per second as well as the damage on the tank with 60-80K damage at the end to heal.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Ive seen alot of people over and over and over dying from the poison lines. Next try they die again. The try after that they die again. And then ask "couldnt you jump over the poison???" *sigh*
    You can jump over, if u do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    10-15k damage per second on each target is not much? Also the explosion at the end is about 30k to 40k.

So as a healer that's 20-30k damage per second as well as the damage on the tank with 60-80K damage at the end to heal.
    The debuff on the tank can be interrupted on the boss, your dps are doing it wrong.

It doesnt do that much damage if they are maximum range apart, iv seen it only do like 30-40 k when the people were across the room.

It's easy to be so condescending when you, as a tank, don't have to worry about the mechanic that causes people to die most (in my experience); the link. Plus, counter-intuitively, you will still take damage if you try to jump over the green lines. And the 'maze' has several dead ends: if the bloodvenom (or several!) decide to chase you there, you're as good as dead. As has already been mentioned, the solo shows nothing at all, because the link's not there when you're alone.

I've seen just as many tanks fail at this fight as dps and healers. They won't get out of the breath, they tank it right on top of a green puddle, and they hit just as many green lines as others, but they survive because the stressed healer is pumping heals into them.

Also, people have always stood in shit, it's just a lot more punishing on this fight.

The debuff on the tank can be interrupted on the boss, your dps are doing it wrong.

It doesnt do that much damage if they are maximum range apart, iv seen it only do like 30-40 k when the people were across the room.
    The breath can't be interrupted, only the green penance thing can, but he can cast it on anyone, and he will cast it more often than one person can interrupt. And yes, if people are standing far enough apart when the link starts, it will break instantly, only doing the 30-40k damage x2. But two melee can be linked together, and that's fairly nasty if they don't have a sprint/AMS type thing. Also, IMO, the link size is too big given the size of the maze.
    Last edited by Acker; 2011-05-07 at 03:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karakkonor View Post
    Marksmanship . . . feels like you're driving a car with square wheels and a steering wheel made out of styrofoam (the cheap kind that breaks far too easily)(and is REALLY squeaky).

Deleted
    I find it easy as range, but I assume it's hard for melee.

I have solo'd this boss as a Blood DK. I find when I don't tank, theres a chance to wipe. I believe this is why:

Tanks do not get Toxic Link so I can stay on the boss.
    This allows me to interrupt 'Whispers of Hethiss' every time, it's not getting Toxic link that does that much damage, it's people who get the link PLUS and uninterrupted Whispers.

You get pugs who don't interrupt. When I dps on a melee class, and I get Toxic Link and try to run away (so not in range to interrupt) - a lot of people let those Whisper casts get off and that damage PLUS the toxic link break is too hard to heal and usually ends with a death. The interrupting of that spell is probably the most important part of the fight, the rest is just staying out of green and it's easy.

Well done, you understand basic mechanics. Interrupting the boss doesn't magically stop the tank from being meleed, I was simply pointing out that there is still damage on the tank so you can't just ignore them while healing up the two players who are linked.

Also? Tanks can interrupt too, it's not just the DPS's job.

It does exactly that much damage.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=97092

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=97093

This topic reminds me of the Blood Death Knight soloing Rotface, and people carefully ignoring the fact that every single challenging part of the fight is completely absent when you try and solo it.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-05-07 at 03:14 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Oh dear, another one of these

Deleted
    Well, this is of course not the reason for most people effing this encounter up, but I am color blind. That leaves the outcome out to dumb luck for me.

The most damaging ability, the toxic link, can be mitigated drastically. Its problem is it hits those near you and the longer it takes you to remove it the more dmg it deals. Thus if you fan out the ranged and position the boss in a far corner you can have the link instantly remove itself dealing still about 30% of the two afflicted players health but much easier to heal.

As for puggers dying yes, most of my pugs die off by 50% and I just solo the remaining as a DK tank. 80% of fights damage can be interrupted or dodged.

Deleted
    Simple. Standing in fire kills you, standing in green stuff gives you buffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Well done, you understand basic mechanics. Interrupting the boss doesn't magically stop the tank from being meleed, I was simply pointing out that there is still damage on the tank so you can't just ignore them while healing up the two players who are linked.

Also? Tanks can interrupt too, it's not just the DPS's job.

It does exactly that much damage.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=97092

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=97093

This topic reminds me of the Blood Death Knight soloing Rotface, and people carefully ignoring the fact that every single challenging part of the fight is completely absent when you try and solo it.
    Thanks for proving me 100% correct lol,

Toxic link = 15k a second, people need to be faster!

toxic explosion:

School Damage (Nature)
    Value: 27750 to 32250
    Radius: 15 yards

Also the tank takes barely any melee damage.

is it bad that I can solo this guy? and that im almost ALWAYS the only 1 there interrupts him when the rest of the group is alive?

Doesn't most colorblindness just mean you have trouble differentiating between some colors, such as red/green. I may be missing something but you should still be able to see the lines and big glowing graphics, being colorblind doesn't make thing invisible, just not appearing as the same color as normal functioning eyes see. Again, I'm not colorblind and not an expert on the matter, but seems to me a glow or graphic would appear the same as far as contrast goes. It's not like everything in the encounter is the exact same color.