Poll: Should everyone run back after a wipe?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

People who don't run back after a wipe.

I just had a discussion with a friend of mine about this subject, and well it didn't end well...
    Basicly i just spent the past hour and abit speaking to my friend who was running the Zul Gurub instance. His group was pretty bad, they ended up wiping often. Out of about 13 wipes my friend ran back about 4 times. Expected the healer to ress him, during the start of the instance, the first healer (as he left) complained that he was annoyed because people weren't running back.

After a few bosses were down, my friends group wiped again. I noticed that he was just sitting there waiting for a ress. I jokingly said "your lazy man" then he asked why, i explained, because he wasn't running back, that's why i said he was lazy.
    Then he gives me the excuse "the priest has the ability to ress. Blizzard wouldn't give them that ability to ress if they didn't want them to use it."
    I then explain to him, that it is still lazy of him. Why should the healer have to run back and you not? Why do you rely on the healer to ress you, when you could just run back. He throws in the whole because it's an ability they have.

So i got smart towards him and explained "ok, if the priest has this ability. And only the priest runs back after a wipe. It takes him two minutes to get you guys, and now he has to spend 40 seconds ressing the rest of the party, so instead of a 2 min run from the graveyard the priest is spending 2 mins and 40 seconds to continue the run."
    Then my friend goes "he could just use mass ress....."
    I then catch him out and go "you got the guild perk, you could run back and use mass ress...."
    Then my friend plays stupid and goes "he has the alliance mount, why you talking about mass ress for..."
    I stop him there, alittle confused on why he brought up the mount, then i try to explain that he was the one who brought up mass ress, and my actual words was why does the healer have to run back and spend another 40 seconds to ress you guys....

Then he said "i can't stand this" threw some fit, Alt f4'd Wow, punched the wall, then left the room and went home. I guess he didn't like being proven wrong... :S (unsure what came over my friend).

Anyways, do other people get annoyed when the rest of their group wont run back and ask for a ress?
    Or do other people agree with my friend, that if they got the ability to ress that they should be the only ones to run back?

Deleted
    everyone should run back really... if im in a group and someone refuses to run back i just refuse to res them :| unless they have a good reason not to run back ofc.

wait! your post said you was just doing the run, BUT your sig says you dont play!!!! :O ----------- actually my bad, read that wrong
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2011-05-07 at 07:38 PM.

What ever is faster. There is no concrete right or wrong answer.

DO WHAT EVER IS FASTEST.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    everyone should run back really... if im in a group and someone refuses to run back i just refuse to res them :|
    And then you've wasted everyone's time. Just suck it up and rezz.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMuggles View Post
    indeed, and I as a warrior tank will keep going without the person and let them know how bad they are
    Then you're just slowing down the run because you don't wanna lose your false sense pride or whatever.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2011-05-07 at 07:39 PM.

everyone should run back really... if im in a group and someone refuses to run back i just refuse to res them :|
    indeed, and I as a warrior tank will keep going without the person and let them know how bad they are
    'To laugh at your own mistakes can lengthen your life, but to laugh at the mistakes of others can shorten it.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes i dont get the release spirit button.

Deleted
    As a healer, I don't mind ressing people after a wipe. It's part of my job. It's nice if people run back as well, but I won't get annoyed if they go for a quick brb to grab a drink while I run back.

Deleted
    I hate it when people dont run back.
    They are wasting my time I have to ress them + if there is no mage I have to drink and use my own waters.
    The ability to ress is in my opinion there to ress someone who died while the rest is still alive (no wipe).
    If you die there is also a release button its also there to be used just like he said ressurection was there to be used by the healers to ress his lazy ass.

I can't stand it when people don't run back after a wipe and just wait for a rez... that's another reason to make somebody a baddie for sure xD

I don't mind it if I'm 100% certain that there's no aggro-radius risk to resurrecting him / her, and as long as the tank doesn't ditch us while I'm casting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    What ever is faster. There is no concrete right or wrong answer.

DO WHAT EVER IS FASTEST.

And then you've wasted everyone's time. Just suck it up and rezz.

Then you're just slowing down the run because you don't wanna lose your false sense pride or whatever.
    true i do end up wasting more time and i usually give in and res the person, but i make sure they know how awkward and lazy they're being.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I generally don't mind rezzing and do it promptly, often before it's even asked for.

I start to get annoyed if the same person is dying every 2 pulls, though, and wish these people would run back instead of going "REZZ PLZ" every time.

I have noticed a distinct correlation between stupidly-frequent deaths and the "REZZ PLZ" spammers. YMMV.

Deleted
    If we don't wipe, I'll ress. If we wipe, you better run back (I don't mind ressing as long as I see you've released spirit but haven't quite made it back yet).
    It's not a healers job to ress the whole group if we wipe, it is a healers job to ress a single person who have died however.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a legitimate rl matter you have to attend to and it would honestly be better for you to take a res after you've taken care of it, that's okay. Otherwise, you're just a lazy entitled twat.

My favorite is when people just lie there and don't say anything. I'll ask if they're afk and they won't say anything. Someone else will toss them a res and they'll instantly accept it. imo, if you have someone you know to be just sitting there waiting for a res, just vtk them and say either "dc" or "afk" in the description box. It actually works and makes for a great laugh. Yes, I'm an asshole, but they're spoiled and co-dependent children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Sometimes i dont get the release spirit button.
    /console reloadui

works every time

Frankly, OP, your friend is just a moron. You can't win arguments with morons.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I always run back whenever my group wipes. As soon as I die I near instantly click the Release Spirit button and start running back, it's just a reaction in my head. Death = Corpse Run.

true i do end up wasting more time and i usually give in and res the person, but i make sure they know how awkward and lazy they're being.
    Who cares how lazy they're being? Its a waste of breath to complain about such a thing. Heck half the stuff we do in the game is out of laziness. Getting summons to raids and other places, buying off the AH instead of farming for it is laziness. Skipping quest text, running in straight lines to our destinations... its all out of laziness.

I ask for rezzes every so often. Its no big deal. When we wipe in a puG I find its a good time for a bio break. So I ask for a rezz while I go do that. Are you saying you'd force me to run back because I had to go to the bathroom? To what end? What would you accomplish? I gladly rezz people on my shammy because ghost wolf and then rezzing is faster than waiting for the slowpoke priests and warlocks and whatnot to reach the group.

Do whats faster. Having 4 people not run back would most likely be slower cuz rezzing would take 40 seconds minimum. If its 1 person though just rezz em! If some one doesn't know the dungeon well just rezz em so you dont sit there and wait for them to find their way.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2011-05-07 at 07:48 PM.

If it's a wipe, I always run in, resses are always welcome but to expect one would just be, well, rude.

If it's just me that died, I might be lazy and ask for a ress.

Sadly, yes he is a moron, but I know when the new dungeons came out that if I released, I would disconnect and have to log back in every single time. So I would tell the healers this and wait for the rez.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I understand not running back and waiting a rez is the current bug some people are experiencing with getting DCd when they hit release. I got 2 guildies that keep getting DCd every single time they release (be a raid or an instance). Usually when we run randoms, we let the healer know about this problem so they understand why they are waiting on a rez. Other than that, release and run back.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As my bf & I like to tell people who lie there with their face in the ground: You aren't better than anyone else in this group. Run back.

If they say "Hey, I have to brb to the bathroom, could I get a rez?" That's fine. You were going to afk anyway, better to do that now than while we're waiting on you for a pull. But it looks bad if you just sit there and say nothing.
    I am a filthy casual!