Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What about Slam Dunk, i just remembered but it was a wonderfull expierience watching it.
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

Surprised people didn't mention this but although not quite a shonen but watch Great teacher Onizuka it is just EPIC the way that story unfolds and the main char it's just mind blowing. Also History's strongest desciple: Kenichi great fight scenes and allot of humor. I would also recomend faith stay night as a good anime due to some of the fighting characters and a great story with interesting plot twists. Another great fighting shonen is Tenjou Tenge similat to kenichi in some way. They should keep you busy for a while.
    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." Muhammad Ali

Toaru Majutsu no Index 1 and 2 are pretty good shonen. Ookiku Furikabutte 1 and 2 are both awesome unless you dislike baseball anime.

Ill just post a list of some older animes imho people should watch. This was from one of my posts on some local forums discussion. Im sure you can pick up some of those too if you aren't one of those oooo shiny, who cares about plot guys. Even thou these aren't that badly drawn to begin with
    Akira, gunbuster(both 1 and 2), ranma 1/2, patlabor(atleast ovas), kikis delivery service, lupin (tv and movies), record of lodoss war, 3x3 eyes (be sure to look at series and ovas), bastard, oh my goddess(all of them), battle angel alita, ninja scroll, jojos bizzare adventures, slam dunk, black jack (again, all of them), iria, genocyber, macross(the older ones and new ones if ya like), key the metal idol, armitage (both polymatrix and dual matrix), evangelion(series and movies), gits(all series and movies), golden boy, escaflown (movie and series).
    As you might have guessed these are dating 90s till year 1994 because discussion was, that there weren't anything to watch before berserk appeared (those silly people).

From the currently airing;
    Break Blade
    Gosick (*)
    Hanasaku Iroha (*)
    Deadman Wonderland

Allready aired;
    Puella Magi Madoka Magica
    Air (*)
    Angel Beats! (*)
    Full Metal Panic
    Ghost In The Shell
    Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    School Rumble
    Seto no Hanayome
    Trigun
    Witch Hunter Robin (*)
    Toradora!
    Highschool of the Dead
    Heroic Age
    History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

(*) mark stands for possible slow development but all great.

Ive cut the list short, but that should take you some time atleast.

Trinity Blood
    Ninja Scroll
    Princess Mononoke
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Also, as said before, FMA Brotherhood.

Changed my life.
    I accidentally my signature

10+ Year Old Account
    Gurren lagen

Are people even bothering to read his original list of what he's already seen? Half of these suggestions people are giving him are in his list of shows in his original post.

Anyway, so I'm actually doing something useful with my post another series you could try is Kuroshitsuji, a.k.a. Black Butler. Set in Victorian London, it's about a kid who has a pact with a devil in order to get revenge for his parents' murder. It wasn't the best series, but I liked how they handled the ending better than most. Also so it makes sense, the words for "butler" and "devil/demon" are homonyms in Japanese (from what I was told), so the title is something of a joke.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-05-09 at 10:54 PM.

Deleted
    Azumanga Daioh - One of the funniest anime's I've ever watched

Prince of Tennis is pretty awesome too

Quote Originally Posted by koriala View Post
    Azumanga Daioh - One of the funniest anime's I've ever watched

Prince of Tennis is pretty awesome too
    ...and that's why I'm the chicken!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xleetskeetx View Post
    Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. You'll think it's a Magical Girl anime. Don't be fooled.
    pretty much this frakkin AMAZING series, you start watching and you're like "What the hell? stupid name, terrible opening credits and WTF is up with this animation?" then you keep watching, and suddenly realise it's 4 in the morning, you've cained all 12 eps back to back, have experienced pretty much every emotion humans are capable of, and NEED MORE MADOKA, sadly there is none

oh and The Melencholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is one of my fave anime of all time, the first season is GOD TIER, if you skip Endless 8 the second season is pretty frakkin good too, and then the movie is lolwutawesometastic.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Air Gear
    Higashi no Eden
    Fairy Tail (still on AIR)
    Kurokami
    Fate/Stay night (stay away from the movie)
    Kaze no stigma
    Chrono Crusade

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed no one has advised Isekai no Seikishi Momogatari AWESOME show a where it starts out as a harem series but gains awesome brutal battles as in enemy units(who are biomechs and thus "bleed") getting ripped limb from limb.

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou Just awesome and watch it lots of action and over the top battles the main character fucking BRAWLS with a dragon and WINS.

Needless it's a giant spoof on the shounen genre think TTGL only for shounen. Also just a warning the main characters one weakness is that he's a lolicon so if you can't handle that(and for some reason some can't) then don't bother. But yeah the battles are epic beyond epic as is Adam Blade(the main character)

Dual Parallel Trouble adventures done by the guy who did tenchi muyo and oooh so badass ESPECIALLY when Zinv/Genbu shows up.

Tenchi Muyo GXP

Guyver pretty much any of them though if you want more blood look for the 80s series and more story the 2005 version

El Hazard pretty much all of em great older series

Also there is more than one birdy series. The original was a 90s OVA if i recall right.

This will be it from me for now need some rest or food and can't remember the other series i was gonna recommend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valden83 View Post
    So I am needing a new anime to watch, and figured I would come here to get people's opinions.
    Afro Samurai
    Wolf's Rain
    Basilisk
    Sword of the Stranger

Anything by Miyazaki.

I've also heard that Samurai 7 is real good... it's on my radar.

Deleted
    Chobits bro, its hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    Chobits bro, its hilarious.
    And recently got rereleased.

Deleted
    Kuroshitsuji

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    And recently got rereleased.
    Bluray ftw