Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashbubblehearth View Post
    Bleach

They are still making the English dubbed version, but the English sub and Japanese versions are finished.

You must watch this, i <3 Bleach
    Bleach is still going :S

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt is good, but its like the Marmite of Anime. You either love it, or hate it.
    It was basically made to parody EVERYTHING.

Holy crap you havnt watched Bleach. Dude where are you under a rock? Its awesome man. But in all honesty I dont recommend watching animes. To much filler, not enough violence. Read the mangas of the animes. More vulgarity, action, fighting, less filler and its more accurate since its the actual creator doing it not a company interpreting what they think it should look like. But I also recommend Gantz. I just started reading it and its not to bad and my friend says he loves it and that the action scenes are really good. Great quality to, whoever draws it is a good artist. Not as good as Tite Kubo though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    But I also recommend Gantz. I just started reading it and its not to bad and my friend says he loves it and that the action scenes are really good. Great quality to, whoever draws it is a good artist. Not as good as Tite Kubo though.
    Gantz is awesome, but the first time I watched it(moved on to read it, which after the length of the anime the manga becomes like a billion times more exciting) the first sex scene my nieces were in the room and I was like 'FUUUU-'

man i hate myself for even coming to this Thread -_- but i might as well share my suffering
    here is a change, go watch "Higurashi no Naku Koroni"
    i think its been a month since i watched it, and the second season... i still cant sleep at night
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hayharut View Post
    man i hate myself for even coming to this Thread -_- but i might as well share my suffering
    here is a change, go watch "Higurashi no Naku Koroni"
    i think its been a month since i watched it, and the second season... i still cant sleep at night
    As soon as you mentioned it, im slightly crying D:

The sudden change in tones, the fear, its so horrible D: Been watching horror movies since I was really young and at around 10 they werent scary anymore but watching that series a few months ago was the most dreadful thing ever. Real tears happened alot.
    Last edited by mmoc30b4190132; 2011-05-13 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturae View Post
    Everyone tells me NGE but I found it super boring when it was on CN many years ago. Also, yugioh abridged is the funniest show ever, by TeamFourStar.

I don't see FLCL on your list OP, fooly cooly was the best completed, 6-episode anime OF ALL TIME! :P

Yeah, Ghost in the Shell is awesome too, watch it. "Monster" is a really great show i've seen recently, psychological thriller...lots of character depth. I'm glad you've see Geass. It's like my new favorite. And if you need a break from anime:

Batman the Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, X-Men evolution, Teen Titans, and Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

P.S. Digimon Season 1-3 are awesome. <3
    Maybe check out the Rebuild of Evangelion series? 1.11 You are (not) Alone and 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance. Follows the same basic plot, but changes some character origins/plots/relationships, takes out a bunch of the less exciting parts and basically condenses it. It's a 4 movie-length episode miniseries, though only the first 2 are out now. The third should be out sometime this year, which will wrap up the plot as far as the original series goes, and the fourth episode will be a new ending.

I've been watching Witchblade recently, and Full Metal Panic - The Second Raid.

Deleted
    Baccano!
    Ergo Proxy
    Elfen Lied
    Fairy Tail

Wolfs Rain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    Bluray ftw
    Yep i'm also replacing my old Yu Yu Hakusho sets just as i did with FMP and a few other series.

Even tho you probably have watched it already even if its not on your list, but just to throw it out there: Ninja Scroll. The movie and the series are both very good. I LOOOOVE Ninja Anime's that are hardcore and serious. Basilisk is decent too, and theres even a real martial arts movie based on it called something Over Moon but it doesn't have a lot of the anime scenes but not terrible either. Naruto Shippuden is my favorite anime tho, even if its not as hardcore as the 2 i mentioned but it has SO MUCH depth/emotion IMO(the anime, not so much the manga).

I've tried a lot of other anime's people recommend but i swear anime has such a variety in age they cater to, and a lot of it is for younger audiences or girls.

Mobile Suit Gundam
    Human Piloted Mechs fighting a war over earth. Classic and very good.

Blue Gender <3
    BG is one of my favorites. Story about a guy who is frozen for 30 years and wakes up into an apocalyptic world inhabited by bugs called the Blue. Its very dark, not a humorous anime, but more of a serious story with some very deep undertones. I loved it. Graphic* blood/gore and some fan treat sex "scenes" no real nudity though. I cannot stress BG enough its so awesome.

Gurren Lagann
    This one is just hilarious

(i know its not Anime)VV

Quote Originally Posted by Teets View Post
    Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
    this 99999 times.
    Last edited by Plaguies; 2011-05-13 at 09:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawlpoo View Post
    IF YOU CAN'T COMPETE IN ARENAS YOU AREN'T GOING TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE IN RATED BGS!! LEARN TO PLAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguies View Post
    (i know its not Anime)VV

Its on the fence, but if you havnt seen it. WATCH IT THERE IS NO EXCUSE!!!

Full metal panic season 1 and 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Its on the fence, but if you havnt seen it. WATCH IT THERE IS NO EXCUSE!!!
    This man speaks the truth it's like transformers(the 80s one) and various other shows. Basically it's debatable. I once heard it described as the perfect child between anime and western animation and TBH that may be the best one yet.

Trinity Blood
    Wolf's Rain
    Chrono Crusade
    Cowboy Bebop
    Baccano!
    Ergo Proxy
    Samurai 7
    Witchblade